Antarctica - Empire of the Penguin | Page 15 | Inside Universal Forums

Antarctica - Empire of the Penguin

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think it's so sweet that that nice old octopus lady gave Ariel legs so that she could kiss the Prince and then get married.

I think it's so sweet that that nice old octopus lady gave Ariel legs so that she could kiss the Prince and then get married.

LOL, I totally agree with that. They do neuter the story a bit. :)

I just wish that Universal created Hogwarts as a Haunted Mansion style darkride(full of wonder, magic, and characters from the Harry Potter series). A ride that every age level could ride and enjoy. Also a ride with a high capacity and a people eater.

The ride now basically takes you through the forbidden forest and is scary and vomit inducing. It should have been a separate experience.

LOL, I totally agree with that. They do neuter the story a bit. :)

I just wish that Universal created Hogwarts as a Haunted Mansion style darkride(full of wonder, magic, and characters from the Harry Potter series). A ride that every age level could ride and enjoy. Also a ride with a high capacity and a people eater.

The ride now basically takes you through the forbidden forest and is scary and vomit inducing. It should have been a separate experience.

Really . . . . Forbidden Journey as an omnimover style ride? No thank you. I dont know the official number of riders per hour but it does pump people thru the line really quickly.

Last edited:
Actually the number is 2800/pph . It is one of the highest capacity rides ever built. There is a reason the grouper gets frustrated when you don't know how many people are in your group. And after the grouper, you have to run to catch the ride vehicle

Actually the number is 2800/pph . It is one of the highest capacity rides ever built. There is a reason the grouper gets frustrated when you don't know how many people are in your group. And after the grouper, you have to run to catch the ride vehicle

Their we go, I was doing some rough math and my number was close to 3k and I knew their was no way :lol: Guess not.

- - - Updated - - -

Either way, isnt that a respectable amount of people the ride puts thru every hour?

Beyond respectable, theirs nothing else really like it.

Sorry guys but I just confirmed with a team member from the ride that their highest achievable count is a 2056 but they average in the 1950 range.

Sorry guys but I just confirmed with a team member from the ride that their highest achievable count is a 2056 but they average in the 1950 range.
Really? That's surprising. Shortly after it opened, I was chatting with the grouper about it's amazing capacity, and she said the highest achievable count was 2800. Just goes to show sometimes TMs may not be the most reliable source of information.

Is Forbidden Journey's intensity adjustable? Would Universal ever be willing to make a green/orange Mission Space distinction(so people can hold their cookies while riding).

I think so. I mean Seaworld has never been a big name and this attraction has really earned a lot of people's respect, so it didn't really start with high expectations but rather earned it with a great presentation of potential.