Antarctica - Empire of the Penguin | Page 16 | Inside Universal Forums

Antarctica - Empire of the Penguin

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Construction update from Orlando Rocks:

iwF47h2EtCILr.jpg

ibzSbUaIeTtbzF.jpg

iQKWnTyMH8EVm.jpg

This is looking awesome, the thing is huge. I was going to give SW a miss next trip but I really want to ride this.

That's pretty cool! Especially:

"In select cities, SeaWorld’s “Epic Voyage” takes over malls and consumer travel shows with a unique family experience filled with a massive ice dome, interactive virtual reality, shareable photo opportunities, chances to win incredible prizes by playing Antarctica-themed games, and, of course, live penguins. Coca-Cola Freestyle machines will also be part of the experience on site to quench the thirst of attendees with complimentary, refreshing drinks."

WOW! That's some marketing!

I also entered their sweepstakes. Even though I got a SeaWorld AP, maybe I can win the tickets for my family :smiley:

I thought Mystic Manors budget was slashed and will instead be a standard Omnimover style attraction.

Nope! And it sounds like this ride in Hong Kong is going to be quite awesome!

A trackless ride system will take visitors through the haunted house-themed Mystic Manor, where explorer "Lord Henry Mystic" displays the artefacts he has collected on his travels.
Source: http://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/article/1132536/disneylands-latest-attraction-mystery

Checked out Seaworld's booth this afternoon in Chicago. Nothing you wouldn't learn from this thread, but still a really neat setup. Impressed by Seaworld more and more, they really are trying hard.

Free Coke Freestyle
Busch Gardens area
Motion Capture/Green screen area for kids to act with virtual penguins
Real penguins
Flat screen presentation on new ride (short film that cycled with concept art)
Claw game
Free Seaworld bracelets/bags
Photo op with fake penguins
Seaworld themed cars/suvs

By far most popular booth at the show, with two dozen employees from Florida. Was interesting that Universal's was pretty lackluster (more chintzy than even Cedar Point's) and that it was manned by only one AAA guy disguised in a Universal shirt.

IMG_20130127_112527.jpg

IMG_20130127_112523.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Felipe