Antarctica - Empire of the Penguin | Page 17 | Inside Universal Forums

Antarctica - Empire of the Penguin

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Cool video from SeaWorld showing animations from the new attraction and showing the lead Character Puck.

[video=youtube_share;xq8a7njbgDA]http://youtu.be/xq8a7njbgDA[/video]

I love the Penguin exhibit
antarctica-exhibit1.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Felipe
Interesting video, enjoyed watching. Thanks for posting.

This attraction is really coming together, might have to get me a SW ticket.

If I save my pennies and get a Sea World pass I'll have the hat trick. That video sealed it for me.

I'm the same, was not going to venture anywhere near SW next trip but may just have too. One less Disney day, attractions bring people.

I haven't been to SeaWorld since this past December, so I'm not sure how new this is, but it was new to me when I went back today:

IMAG0815_zps69adeb1d.jpg

IMAG0816_zps11c6b065.jpg

IMAG0812_zpsdbe2175f.jpg

They have covered up the front of the building that has the bathrooms. Probably starting to theme it. Makes sense, as this is supposed to open within the next few months.

Also, here's a quick comparison (excuse today's rushed, sun-glared, cell-phone pic... I was rushing to ride Kraken :lol:)

12/01/12:
IMG_2332.jpg

Today:
IMAG0813_zps4bcb0630.jpg

Thanks Felipe! Great to see the progress. I will be there soon, and look forward to seeing everything come together.

This project continues to impress me (video above). They really are headed in the right direciton on this. They are making it look too easy, I can't imagine Disney building something of this scale for Seaworld's budget or CPM schedule.

Is that supposed to be a penguin shaped rock on the top there?

I think so, I noticed it yesterday but thought It was coincidence, I really like the look of this attraction. Missed the penguin encounter but this looks like being huge, cant wait to see the reports on it once open.

I think so, I noticed it yesterday but thought It was coincidence, I really like the look of this attraction. Missed the penguin encounter but this looks like being huge, cant wait to see the reports on it once open.

This will be lightyears ahead of Penguin Encounter, which was a great facility for what it was in late 80s and 90s. Habitats across the country had caught up or exceeded it, and I can't be more impressed by how SWO is taking it to the next level.

I found with penguin encounter, when you have seen it once, you didn't need to see it again. With Antarctica it sounds like it will be a different experience every time you see it.