Antarctica - Empire of the Penguin | Page 19 | Inside Universal Forums

Antarctica - Empire of the Penguin

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Did I miss something? Why do you think you can see penguins without being behind glass?

Apparently it's something SeaWorld has done. A penguin encounter experience with a special ventilation system that helps reduce the smell factor without a glass wall. This is in addition to an underwater viewing area.

Can't wait for this thing to start soft-opening. It is really coming along nicely. A friend who will be on the opening team said it should be in softs well before the May 8th date, but it still looks like they've got a decent amount of exterior work to do from what I saw today.

Walking the area the other day with the buildings now up I don't like how they laid it out. The pathway to pacific point reserve will still remain a long dead end but now with the side of an exposed show building all along the left side.

Walking the area the other day with the buildings now up I don't like how they laid it out. The pathway to pacific point reserve will still remain a long dead end but now with the side of an exposed show building all along the left side.

Maybe this is the next area overhaul :lol:

Was at SeaWorld today. The facade and rock work looks to be very impressive, though it stinks how visible the show building will be... And sorry, I didn't get any pictures of Antartica, just of other things around the park. :bonk:

Another local park is VERY interested in these ride vehicles and their applications.

People have been pretty critical of the show building's visibility. Sadly I haven't been to SWO in person recently, but is it really that bad? From the construction pics I've seen it didn't look that noticeable.

It's just surrounded by public area on all 4 sides. Most show buildings tend to have only service road behind them, so they build a large facade in the front to make it look good. So when a guest can see every corner it gets difficult concealing the entire thing without seeing a large glacier next to a bunch of sea lions. The construction pics just don't show it because no one is really interested in a blank building, it's the new themed stuff like the rock work people want to see. It's the same argument as Transformers or the side of the FJ show building from JP really.

P.S. not disagreeing with people, it does look odd, just stating why it becomes a problem, at least in my opinion.