BttF: The Ride vs. The Simpsons Ride | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

BttF: The Ride vs. The Simpsons Ride

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

BTTF: THE RIDE VS. THE SIMPSONS RIDE

• Back to the Future: The Ride

Votes: 97 70.8%
  • The Simpsons Ride

Votes: 40 29.2%

• Total voters
Guess I need to re-evaluate my opinion and ride BttF again to see who's truly bettWAITAMINUTE I CAN'T BECAUSE IT'S NOT THERE ANYMORE.

Yeah, cause ya know, Theme Parks always replace an attraction with a better one.:lol:

And there is a reason Japan chose not to take this one.

Simpsosn ride SUCKS! they need to move it to a smaller venue like jimmy neutron and bring back back to the future!

I say move the ride into the kids area and build The Simpsons Ride in the monkey area (whatever its called zone) then bring Back To The Future back!

Curious George's space is not nearly big enough for either of the attractions to replace it.

Trust me, there is enough space if they design the building like Terminator's theater and widen the building that it's right on Psycho Rd. and the Parade building.

Trust me, there is enough space if they design the building like Terminator's theater and widen the building that it's right on Psycho Rd. and the Parade building.

Looking at Google Earth, I suppose Jimmy would barely fit but no way Simpsons is going to go there. Plus kids love the fountains in the summer and the ball pit.

I think Universal really whiffed on the call to take out bttf, I mean replacing one of the best franchises of our time with a cartoon sitcom?

What gets me most is even if it was going to be replaced, it was still done so a tad too soon with the 25th Annivasary happening this year. They could of really stretched that out as a big deal and made money off it. Not to mentin it would of also of been the attraction going on 20. Two big deals in the same area they could of made attention out of plus a lot of bucks from the fans.

At least I can imagine I'm riding it by watching it on the 25th Anniversary Bluray. Great ride.. I think they could make an infinitely better BTTF ride, however, considering today's technology. The Simpson's Ride is a great ride, but I'm a much bigger fan of BTTF than Simpsons, personally. I'd love to see them bring BTTF back and just do something completely new to it, especially seeing as Star Tours is getting some much deserved love and newness. I think there's so much more potential there.

Indeed. A cross between Forbidden Journey/test Track/Countdown To Exinction would of been amazing. I drew up a design for fun that had the Deloreans on an arm that raised and lowered in the slot of the track. I sort of used Kuka as a model for that at the time before Forbidden Journey when Universal was showing them off in California with the fast and furious random scene on their tram tour. Having an arm park the Deloreans in front of screens as well as pitching around at different angles over real sets in each time period your visited would be so choice. If only...*dreams*

Actually pretty sure Lucy opened with the park. And if you want to count shows and exhibits as well then you would Add Lucy: A tribute and Blues Brothers to the still there list.

It's not like Universal replaced BTTF with a new franchise. The Simpsons are way past their prime. And considering how much other wasted/underutilized space there is in the park, I think they could have found another place to put the Simpsons and save one of their hallmark attractions. And its not like the Simpsons had any ground breaking technology. It is almost exactly like BTTF, just with the Simpsons. I think the money could have been better spent on either a new BTTF ride or at least a simulator with improved technology.

It's not like Universal replaced BTTF with a new franchise. The Simpsons are way past their prime. And considering how much other wasted/underutilized space there is in the park, I think they could have found another place to put the Simpsons and save one of their hallmark attractions. And its not like the Simpsons had any ground breaking technology. It is almost exactly like BTTF, just with the Simpsons. I think the money could have been better spent on either a new BTTF ride or at least a simulator with oimproved technology.

Simpsons may not be at its height, but it is definetely still popular. After going on it today, almost everyone seemed to enjoy it who went off. While it may not please everyone, the majority who go on it are pleased with the ride. BTTF was really good, and it is a real shame it is gone, but sometimes things just have to move on.

Simpsons may not be at its height, but it is definetely still popular. After going on it today, almost everyone seemed to enjoy it who went off. While it may not please everyone, the majority who go on it are pleased with the ride. BTTF was really good, and it is a real shame it is gone, but sometimes things just have to move on.

Or get a really good update or refurb than can put fire / thrill back into the BTTF ride & maybe (more or less) the franchise itself. Examples of this: Jaws with it's refurbs (besides the fact it is dealing with water), Hulk (GREEN!!! & the strobe lights), & mush more....

But still, both great rides but I like the BTTF ride more than The Simpsons ride. :blank:

Last edited: