CityWalk Expansion | Page 10 | Inside Universal Forums

CityWalk Expansion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Which new venue are you looking forward to?

• Total voters
^ Wow lots of movers...going to be a lot better than their old NYE parties.

Anyone know where the pyro is going to be shot off from?

Sign is unwrapped (photo by UOR buzz)
Bc1b5_EIYAA1qVJ.jpg:large

Just seeing the latest pics of Antojitos. Wow, this is the tackiest looking restaurant I've ever seen. :lol:

^ Good riddence. Hopefully this Mexican establishment isn't a representation of things we can expect in the future from CityWalk.

I hope it is.:p

- - - Updated - - -

Bye bye, racecars and basketball. It's been real. Not real good or real bad, just real.

Ah good. Obviously, one will remain a sports bar (and likely based around NBC Sports/Comcast). I wonder about the other.

Good, actually, I guess TCBY is more about nostalgia for my childhood haha.

So which places are actually replacing Nascar Grille and NBA City?

Ah, I had never gone into either while they were there.

I always thought that the broader appeal of all sports, like NBC Sports, would be a better fit than locking it down to NBA.

I still feel that if there's going to be any real growth at CityWalk, they need more experiential restaurants and not run of the mill, mediocrity. I think Antojitos is a step in the right direction, but the exterior leaves a lot to be desired.

Reactions: P@n!K_Sw1tC#
I'd personally guess that NASCAR will become basically a wide variety sports bar. The pieces are already in place... some minor conversion would have to be done.

NBA is the interesting one. Jekyll & Hyde? WWE? Maybe another night time show like Blue Man Group?

^See, I'd personally like to see NASCAR partitioned off into smaller venues. As of right now, NASCAR cafe is to CityWalk as would be like having a Wal-Mart in a downtown Winter Park style shopping environment. When your venues are smaller (with the exception of the theatre) and then all of the sudden you get hit with this monstrosity, it doesn't fit well. Perhaps that's why it's all on its own at the very edge. Regardless, that area would make for some nice alfresco dining opportunities, and maybe a World of Beer-esque bar cornered at the end, by the bridge, patio included.

If it's a quality spot, it would do very well. Sports are obviously a huge market.. and to have one central spot for many tourists to go to see their team's big games while on vacation would be ideal. Nascar always did that but I'm sure the branding of Nascar can be a turn off for many.

Personally I've had good experiences there... it's a good place for lunch and to catch a football game on Sunday while on property.

If it's a quality spot, it would do very well. Sports are obviously a huge market.. and to have one central spot for many tourists to go to see their team's big games while on vacation would be ideal. Nascar always did that but I'm sure the branding of Nascar can be a turn off for many.

Personally I've had good experiences there... it's a good place for lunch and to catch a football game on Sunday while on property.

What if they make Nascar a new entertainment venue, and make NBA the sports bar? As I do agree that CW needs more to do than a couple things and a lot of places to eat.

What if they make Nascar a new entertainment venue, and make NBA the sports bar? As I do agree that CW needs more to do than a couple things and a lot of places to eat.

I have no issues with that, just saying from a standpoint of what's already there, Nascar seems like the better venue. Bigger and already catered towards other sports as well. Outdoor patio, Mezzanine upstairs..