CityWalk Expansion | Page 8 | Inside Universal Forums

CityWalk Expansion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Which new venue are you looking forward to?

• Total voters
Looking at the concept art and seeing what they have now makes me wonder why they chose this color scheme? What possessed them to paint a Mexican restaraunt like a freaking rainbow?

Yeah, the first coat of paint never looks good. It's an odd color choice but it's still got a ways to go and they can potentially pull it off. My only problem with it is that I really liked how it looked gray lol

Yeah there's atleast eight shades and colors in the concept art, a lot more will happen. It looks like they chose those colors to to match the hues of the bordering buildings. Margaritaville on the right side is a salmon-y color, thus the pink, and the supports on the building on the left in the picture look like a dark blue-green, thus the green. I think it will add some nice color to the area and will definitely be an attention grabber. I didn't like the concept art at first, but it's beginning to grow on me.

Looking at the concept art and seeing what they have now makes me wonder why they chose this color scheme? What possessed them to paint a Mexican restaraunt like a freaking rainbow?

Just a guess, but also taking into account the tapas-style menu, I think they're probably going with a more irreverent vibe than, say, Chevy's or Abuelos. Kind of a "This ain't your daddy's Tex-Mex" thing.

Which is smart. Cowfish does the same thing for burgers and sushi, and it seems to be the most anticipated new outlet. This needs to be unique enough to make someone drive past Don Pablos and go through the effort of parking in the garage and walking to CityWalk.

Does anyone else remember when the Blue Man building was first being painted and it looked like absolute s***. It was this stupid pale blue and everyone was going on about how terrible it looked. Come to find out that was only the 2nd coat of paint and we ended up with the current design.

Does anyone else remember when the Blue Man building was first being painted and it looked like absolute s***. It was this stupid pale blue and everyone was going on about how terrible it looked. Come to find out that was only the 2nd coat of paint and we ended up with the current design.

Yeah but this is just an ambush of colors that stick out like a sore thumb. A nice tan brown color would have been much nicer looking.

BMG looks VERY BAD compared to Nick Studios. It looks very boring! Also, the left side of the building is still lime green!

BMG looks VERY BAD compared to Nick Studios. It looks very boring! Also, the left side of the building is still lime green!

Un-baised, of course? ;)

I still do not like the look of the BMG show building, but that's besides the point.

Anojitos could work but I am pessimistic for this.

Yeah, so far, not feeling those colors, and I liked the gray because it looked like an old Spanish mission, but I know it isn't done yet.

Sadly, had my last dinner at Pastamore on Christmas Eve. I sure will miss that place, but I have faith that the replacement will be just as good, if not better.

Bcb0PpPIUAAr-TY.jpg

Photo's is of OrlandoInformer(you can see it from very far away)
BcbUqZzIEAE4A4J.jpg

Note:It will open in time for the EVE party

Last edited:
Bcb0PpPIUAAr-TY.jpg

Photo's is of OrlandoInformer(you can see it from very far away)
BcbUqZzIEAE4A4J.jpg

Note:It will open in time for the EVE party

The faux finish is shaping up, it should still look a lot better after they finish blending the colors.

I did think it's funny those who liked the exposed even gray industrialized building material. It would be a different story if they went with a natural stucco look, an uneven blend of earth tones (I love when used well).

What is with that big clunky rectangular sign? I would think the letters mounted individually to the building would have been more appropriate. Perhaps it was a cost cutting measure.

What is with that big clunky rectangular sign? I would think the letters mounted individually to the building would have been more appropriate. Perhaps it was a cost cutting measure.

IDK I never liked the shape of the building, it just screams cheap facade to me. But considering the look in totality (w/ bold sign and paint job) it's not so bad IMO.

I like how it says "Authentic Mexican Food"... like I know it doesn't look that way but trust us. :rofl:

wereopen.jpg

This will probably be of no help, but after walking past the facade on a recent trip I must say that this thing is huge! I would love to see more huge facades in Citywalk to bring up the scale of it a bit

Reactions: natespf