CityWalk Expansion | Page 9 | Inside Universal Forums

CityWalk Expansion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Which new venue are you looking forward to?

• Total voters
I'm sure it will all come together once its actually done! I kind of like it to be honest, its different and out there. However, I do not like the teal and light blue next to each other, that is a big no-no!!!

Seeing the picture across the lagoon makes me feel more akin to liking the color scheme. It blends well and adds a lot of vibrance to that area.

Yeah, so far, not feeling those colors, and I liked the gray because it looked like an old Spanish mission, but I know it isn't done yet.

The entire design of this building -- from the outrageous colors to the ridiculously oversized sign -- was to accomplish one thing: To pull guests up to the second level of CityWalk from the main plaza. Mosts guests don't even know there's a second level.

Reactions: PourJudgment
Just drinks
citywalk-2013-new-years-eve-party-zone-entertainment-details-715x369.png

You can't really see it in the pic, but that flag does in fact have a Mexican guy wearing a sombrero sitting on an old school schwinn bike.

I really wish I had a better camera than my phone. I saw it up on the first or second day it was being painted. It looked like the flag was the first thing up, which kind of surprised me... how did they manage to not get paint all over it. I can't even open a can of paint without getting it all over me and anything remotely near me.

Whelp... this seems like one of those ideas that looks fun on paper but doesn't really translate well 'in real life'.

If I were doing the design for this, I probably would of made it look more akin to Cuba Libre at Pointe Orlando...

3888176977_ee633af84d_o.jpg

Whelp... this seems like one of those ideas that looks fun on paper but doesn't really translate well 'in real life'.

If I were doing the design for this, I probably would of made it look more akin to Cuba Libre at Pointe Orlando...

City Walk is big flashy and vibrant..everything Anojito's color scheme is...Pointe Orlando is more luxurious....and empty

^ The closest thing Pointe Orlando has to luxurious is Capital Grille and Oceanaire, both of which are corporate chain concepts designed to cater to the convention crowds. They're no different than the pricing and style of Emril's at CityWalk (which by the way sits to the right of Universal's Mexican creation, in the very same order of which Pointe Orlando's restaurants are positioned). Considering what they're doing with their other concepts this spring, the loud and almost offensive colors of this restaurant are so out of left field that I have to wonder if what they envisioned simply didn't go as expected in realization. After all, this is now the tallest thing in the entire CityWalk complex and it doesn't really compliment its neighbors at all.

Considering what they're doing with their other concepts this spring, the loud and almost offensive colors of this restaurant are so out of left field that I have to wonder if what they envisioned simply didn't go as expected in realization. After all, this is now the tallest thing in the entire CityWalk complex and it doesn't really compliment its neighbors at all.

But you have to give it to them that they have achieved something... It sticks out! Like a sore thumb, but it sticks out! And as it's been mentioned in this thread before, they needed to draw more attention to that second level, and this does that :thumbs:

But you have to give it to them that they have achieved something... It sticks out! Like a sore thumb, but it sticks out! And as it's been mentioned in this thread before, they needed to draw more attention to that second level, and this does that :thumbs:

It doesn't even have the statue of most interesting man in the world and his schwin yet.

The buildings color and design will do exactly what it's intended to do, draw people back to a dead area of CW.

^ I get it, but I think there are better ways of executing the idea of this being the weenie of CityWalk's upper level.

Honestly I think this looks different than any other Mexican restaurant around, and I will be visiting it as the outside looks very fun...but to each their own I suppose

City Walk is big flashy and vibrant..everything Anojito's color scheme is...Pointe Orlando is more luxurious....and empty

This. It's to Cuba Libre what Margaritaville is to Tommy Bahamas. And it gives off a vibe of not being another cookie-cutter Don Pablos/Abuelos/Amigos. More modern, more fun.