CityWalk Expansion | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

CityWalk Expansion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Which new venue are you looking forward to?

• Total voters
They just need to move Mythos to CW. New food in CW. Mythos lives on. LC is now less of a sacred cow and can be redeveloped. Kills three birds with one stone. ;-)

Reactions: IAmFloridaBorn
This is a little off topic, but did we know of a Starbucks definitely coming to IOA? They are hiring for a barista at the "New Islands of Adventure Starbucks".

Are you omitting restaurants to help prove your point? Pat O'Briens also offers cajun food, Bob Marley's offers Jamaican-inspired cuisine, Bubba Gump is seafood.. and Margaritaville is actually Floribbean, inspired by both Florida and Caribbean cuisine. The point is it's a small resort. You can look within the parks, hotels, and CityWalk and find a decent variety of cuisine.

Not sure why you'd be looking more at World Showcase for a comparison vs Downtown Disney.

Nah lol I just forgot about those by accident, and obv but I was referring to you saying it's not supposed to be world showcase

Lol...

Hard Rock Cafe - Overpriced Average American Contemporary
NBA City - Overpriced American Contemporary
Nascar Cafe - Overpriced American Contemporary
Margaritaville - American with a Florida twist
Emeril's - Gourmet American with a Cajun twist
Cowfish - Modern American with a Japanese twist
Antojitos - Mexican
Red Oven - Pizza
Pastamore/Pranzos - American Italian
Breadbox - Deli (American)
Hot Dog HOF - literally this is a hot dog stand, also American
Menchie's/ColdStone - two frozen dessert places
Moe's/BK/Panda/That Random QS Japanese place - all terribly average

This is variety to you? 3 restaurants literally have like the same menu.

Tchoup Chop isn't anything to write home about. It's good, but the average guest does not know it exists and in addition to that it's very expensive for "not-so-Asian" Asian food.

It's not World Showcase because it's all the same food...lol. CityWalk should strive to be the #1 dining/shopping/entertainment destination in Orlando. Not just a quick place to get a burger because it's there. That's what in-park dining is for. CW should have a plethora of options at all different pricepoints. Locals should flock to CW to try something new in addition to on-site guests and park guests.
This is one of the most disappointing announcements from UNI. But hopefully it will help. City walk needs a concert venue, indoor, like HOB at Disney Springs.

Universal should take inspiration from the current food truck craze and create and build a couple of themed food truck stands serving different types of food with cheap food costs, just like Senor Bumblebee's.

Grilled cheese food trucks are insanely popular, BBQ food trucks are insanely popular and things like that.

We have our own food truck that we trot out for special events.

Phase 2 for CityWalk:
an Asian restaurant
a Steakhouse
European cafe/bistro
Jekyll and Hyde's (replaces NBA City? or part of the 2nd rumored CityWalk?)
food trucks
concert venue
maybe a Ferris wheel along the river? (you get it with park admission as a free extra)
bring back the carousel and also make it an add-on with park admission
allow the ferris wheel, the carousel and Rip Ride Rockit to be ridden until CityWalk closes at 2AM

Good ideas but I don't think we need another concert venue. We have the Groove, Bob Marleys, the stage, and Hard Rock Live. I also don't think it's possible to leave rockit open

From @MagicCityMayhem "Paint work has started"

Bb4E3PFIEAABpKt.jpg:large

I thought it was gonna be lighting / projections on the building, not actual paint... :blank:

I thought it was gonna be lighting / projections on the building, not actual paint... :blank:

I have not heard this, but they would still want a protective coating. Paint would make it look nice during the day, and they could still have special lighting/ projection at night.

Yea lol I thought it was just colorful to make it look better in the concept art, not literally paint it red and green...

Good ideas but I don't think we need another concert venue. We have the Groove, Bob Marleys, the stage, and Hard Rock Live. I also don't think it's possible to leave rockit open

It is very possible, the line and station were specifically designed that way, and nothing about that particular operational need has changed that would prevent it if they wanted to. However, I don't think we'll see it happen anytime in the near future, if ever.