D23 Expo 2017 - News & Speculation | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

D23 Expo 2017 - News & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

What D23 Parks Announcement are you most excited about?

• Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Details + Model

• Ratataouille Addition to France Pavilion

• Guardians of the Galaxy ride (replacing Universe of Energy)

• Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway (replacing The Great Movie Ride)

• Tron Shanghai Clone addition to Tomorrowland

• Disney Skyliner

• Pixar Pier/Pixar Fest + Paint The Night return

• Marvel Land at DCA

• Star Wars Hotel

• New Theatre on Main Street

Results are only viewable after voting.
I really hope they'll announce the Marvel land that's due for DCA. It would be nice to confirm some rumors.

I wouldn't be surprised.

Personally, if I was to plan it; I'd just have it as this,

Section 1: Looking to the Stars

You'd begin automatically on one of the most anticipated elements of the convention, remind people that there will be a section on the show-floor that will reveal the entire design of the land for both coasts, along with a reminder of the Star Tours addition coming in the winter; but announce that it'd be arriving for Paris and Tokyo as-well.

You would then allow a representive of Lucasfilm and WDI to come up and talk a bit more of the land; revealing the official name and giving a first look for the Battle attraction; and that it'd confirm that Daisy Ridley and John Boyega would have a role on the attraction.

At the end of the video of the Battle Attraction, the new name to replace DHS is there along with Disneyland Park.

Section 2: Traveling around the World

This would be a moment for Disney to talk a bit more of talk for stuff like DCL, Adventures By Disney and what-not, but that they would also talk about the new Soarin coming to DisneySea and Ratatouille for Epcot. I do think Ratatouille is going to be announced, and that I don't think it'll take as much time.

Section 3: A realm of Fantasy

You would talk more about the upcoming expansion for Tokyo Disneyland, giving a new brief glimpse to the Fantasyland expansion, along with that there would be an announcement for the potential Inside Out attraction that'd replace Figment.

There would also be a new look of Toy Story Land; along with an official release date/window for the land, along with a new look of the Slinky Dog coaster.

And, if the Mickey Mouse Great Movie Ride replacement is still happening; I can see it announced along this section.

Section 4: A Marvelous Future

This would be the final part of the conference, as it would announce multiple Marvel-related projects for all Disney parks world-wide.

You would have the Ant-Man HKDL attraction represented, as it will be the next one up; Mission Breakout is announced for Studios Paris; DCA Marvel Land is officially announced; and Guardians of the Galaxy is officially announced for Epcot, but nothing else is officially announced about it.

Kevin Feigue and Joe Rhode would be up on-stage, to talk about the new projects under-way for across the globe; re-affirming their stance on that "Theme-Park Verse" that they talked about.

Just my two cents.

from what i heard this year will focus on star-wars.both trying to build hype for the movies games and the new land.Also ea will be at d23 this year.

We know that Star War's Land will have it's own booth on the floor, similar to when Avatar did it's own booth in D232015, and that I do expect the next spin-off to be announced at the Movie panel.

As for EA? I agree with @Nick C. on that I'm just expecting Battlefront.

While I know they'll be focused on promoting Star Wars Land and whatnot, I'm personally hoping they announce/confirm a bunch of stuff for Epcot. New entrance, Ratatouille, Brazil and of course the much debated and discussed replacement for UoE. If they pile that on with whatever else they'll be announcing, I'll be happy.

An' best of luck to anyone attending in person, since they've been rather notorious in botching crowd control/ops, especially during the first day or two. (One example being thousands of people outside waiting to get in with no real line control, all of them being funneled into two doors with only 2, 3 staff members scanning tickets. Even people who were supposed to get early entry were delayed quite a bit getting in.)

There's a ridiculous amount of stuff rumored for the theme park side this year. My gut feeling is that WDW will get all of the stuff for the 50th and the other resorts will be almost entirely ignored. Maybe some updates on the new cruise ships too?

As it stands now, we have multiple rumors of various kinds popping into form, so I wanted to make a list of what is rumored to be announced potentially this weekend..

WDW
MK

Tron Lightcycle Power Run/Future of Tomorrowland Speedway

Epcot
Ratatouille
Brazil
Guardians of The Galaxy
Coco Overlay to Mexico's Gran Fiesta Tour
Figment replaced by Inside Out (Figment having a small role in the ride)
New changes to Epcot entrance & potential removal/relocation of Leave a Legacy

HWS

Rumors of the Mickey Dark Ride
Star Wars Land Boutique Hotel
Official Name Change of the park

DAK
Zootopia Land
Rivers of Life update with Disney and Pixar characters

Other
Gondolas

As for Disneyland, some rumors have suggested new details of the upcoming Marvel Land; and that on the international point, Hong Kong Disneyland has the Fantasyland/Tomorrowland expansions that are up to potential incite at the expo, info on Toy Story Land for Shanghai, news on TDLR expansions of Fantasyland/Soarin for TDS.

Then there lies Paris, which that is the mystery on one element. Will they even have a presence this year? Or will there not be much said, as they are in a figure of re-adjustment with TWDC now in full ownership of the resort. Either way, this one is the wildcard of the event for the parks, in more way's than one.

There then lies other forms of media for the expo, and that it should be good to give a heads up to everyone that there will be a stand-alone panel exclusive for news on Avengers - Infinity War. And as for Games, there will be a full panel to where they will reveal information on current and new games in development for Disney, including the likes of Kingdom Hearts 3.

Literally the only thing I am counting on actually being announced: opening date for Toy Story Land at DHS.

Everything/anything else is completely up in the air.

Reactions: Jon84
Just to add onto that: Gondolas.

Yes, I'm not joking.

I forgot about that, so in turn; I added that there to Other.

Literally the only thing I am counting on actually being announced: opening date for Toy Story Land at DHS.

Everything/anything else is completely up in the air.

Edit: Forget that I mentioned a panel. But, SWL will have an entire pavilion for the land's, to where you will most likely see the first full reveal of the model of the land.

Reactions: Alicia
A Zootopia land in DAK could be one of the most thematically inappropriate lands ever. DAK is a lot about how man interacts with nature, conservation, etc. Zootopia has none of that. Zootopia is how animal interacts with nature and the cartoonish look of the film would clash with the rest of the park.

A Zootopia land in DAK could be one of the most thematically inappropriate lands ever. DAK is a lot about how man interacts with nature, conservation, etc. Zootopia has none of that. Zootopia is how animal interacts with nature and the cartoonish look of the film would clash with the rest of the park.

Wasn't one part of the rumor that Zootopia would be essentially isolated from the park, and the only mode of transportation is the train seen from the film?

Reactions: Alicia
Wasn't one part of the rumor that Zootopia would be essentially isolated from the park, and the only mode of transportation is the train seen from the film?
I assume it would be replacing Conservation Station, so probably, but tbh I haven't paid much attention to the Zootopia rumor mostly bc I didn't think it was serious in any way.

Reactions: GadgetGuru
I assume it would be replacing Conservation Station, so probably, but tbh I haven't paid much attention to the Zootopia rumor mostly bc I didn't think it was serious in any way.
I'm only okay with it if it not only replaces Conservation Station, but also occupies much of the land to the right that was originally intended for the Tiger Rapids ride. That way they'll have enough room for a proper land and dark ride. Just re-theming the Conservation Station from Rafiki to Zootopia will have no affect on the park whatsover.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
I'd be amazed if the train concept sticks. That train has no capacity at all. It would be an unbelievable amount of work to build a themed train with large capacity for that small of a journey.

Reactions: Andysol
I'd be amazed if the train concept sticks. That train has no capacity at all. It would be an unbelievable amount of work to build a themed train with large capacity for that small of a journey.
It'd be a pretty far hike... but they can probably also connect the land via the back of Asia, creating a second entry/exit to Zootopia, making the train ride optional.

There's a ridiculous amount of stuff rumored for the theme park side this year. My gut feeling is that WDW will get all of the stuff for the 50th and the other resorts will be almost entirely ignored. Maybe some updates on the new cruise ships too?
I would love to see all of this happen. Kind of doubtful, with WDW track record, but who knows. Perhaps, with ESPN having major subscriber issues, Disney is deciding they need to up their theme park game to increase corporate revenues from that source....Whatever happens, the other bright side of this, if it all happens, is that Universal will also up their game in Orlando, and push forward more expansions (and fourth park) on a faster time train....Sounds like lots of wins for the Orlando theme park goers if this all comes to fruition. :):thumbsup:

Last edited:
Should be an interesting weekend. I'll be at a wedding when any announcements are made so I can see myself being very anti social :lol: