D23 Expo 2017 - News & Speculation | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

D23 Expo 2017 - News & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

What D23 Parks Announcement are you most excited about?

• Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Details + Model

• Ratataouille Addition to France Pavilion

• Guardians of the Galaxy ride (replacing Universe of Energy)

• Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway (replacing The Great Movie Ride)

• Tron Shanghai Clone addition to Tomorrowland

• Disney Skyliner

• Pixar Pier/Pixar Fest + Paint The Night return

• Marvel Land at DCA

• Star Wars Hotel

• New Theatre on Main Street

Results are only viewable after voting.
Im hoping they just ramble off 15 things for WDW, 6 things for DL, handful of things for TDL, dozen things for paris, couple things for shanghai- drop the mic and just walk off stage with everyone just looking at each other wondering wtf just happened.

Im hoping they just ramble off 15 things for WDW, 6 things for DL, handful of things for TDL, dozen things for paris, couple things for shanghai- drop the mic and just walk off stage with everyone just looking at each other wondering wtf just happened.

What about Hong Kong?

As for what I think we will see,

WDW
Tron Lightcycle Power Run
Guardians of The Galaxy Coaster
Ratatouille
Coco overlay for Gran Fiesta Tour
Gondolas
Star Wars Land Boutique Hotel
New DHS name
Toy Story Land opening date for Early April

DL
Marvel Land Details
Star Wars Land details

DLRP
Mission Breakout
Toy Story Mania

Tokyo Disney
BaTB/Soarin Previews

Shanghai
Toy Story Land
Tease of a new Marvel attraction for Tomorrowland

Hong Kong
Ant-Man Dark Ride sneak peak
New look of the upgraded Castle

Reactions: Porkchop
WDW
Ratatouille
Gondolas
New DHS name
Can't speak for the others, but I don't think we see Coco get announced or Star Wars Hotel.
For sure not Coco- 1) its not big enough news. 2) no one knows anything about Coco yet, and it seems very "blog-post" worthy. Not D23. Itd just be strange
No Brazil or Great Movie Ride update?

Reactions: SeventyOne
Can't speak for the others, but I don't think we see Coco get announced or Star Wars Hotel.
For sure not Coco- 1) its not big enough news. 2) no one knows anything about Coco, and it seems very "blog-post" worthy. Not D23.
No Brazil?

the reason why I think Coco is that it could be closer to be out than some may think; and that with the film being at the expo, it's very possible.

As for Brazil, the only way I can see that; is if it's contractually.

the reason why I think Coco is that it could be closer to be out than some may think; and that with the film being at the expo, it's very possible.

As for Brazil, the only way I can see that; is if it's contractually.
Regardless of what comes out- theres no way all of that would be announced in one fell swoop. If it did, then holy crap.... its unprecedented.

more star wars
more Toy Story Land
Rat ride in EPCOT
maybe Tron
probably Gondolas
thats it

At this point I'm not sold on anything regarding TRON. Not until I see permits.

I think whatever is happening in EPCOT will be announced. Rat, Energy project, and WS pavilion if that's happening.

More SWL info.

Gondolas.

Probably a DVC or something.

I'm not a big fan of the idea either. I think it works as a one night kind of thing but how many people are staying at WDW for one night?

I think a Star Wars resort in the Moderate or lower-tiered Deluxe price range could be a home run. But when I hear "boutique" I think Grand Floridian-like pricing, and I just don't know if there's a market for that

Reactions: Jon84 and twebber55
Nah. It's not unprecedented. Eisner did this kind of stuff all the time.

It'd be unprecedented if they actually built it all.
I'm as big of a fan of the Disney decade as the next guy- but excluding an entirely new park (yes, I realize new parks bookended that decade), when was there ever that much announced in a single year, not to mention a single announcement.

New DHS name

I can't see them touching that until Star Wars is done. The earliest I could see it is announcing it at the Star Wars Opening. They announce it now, it automatically gets associated with what the park is now. Better to wait till it's "fixed", and rebrand it then, so they can market it fresh.

Reactions: twebber55
What about Hong Kong?

As for what I think we will see,

WDW
Ratatouille
Gondolas
New DHS name

DL
Marvel Land Details
Star Wars Land details

DLRP
Mission Breakout
Toy Story Mania

Tokyo Disney
BaTB/Soarin Previews

Shanghai
Toy Story Land
Tease of a new Marvel attraction for Tomorrowland

Hong Kong
Ant-Man Dark Ride sneak peak
New look of the upgraded Castle
Don't forget the Cruise Lines and remember they've only got 90 minutes for a presentation so I wouldn't get expectations too high.

Jim Hill on the latest Disney Dish says he thinks Guardians, Ratatouille, and Gondolas get announced for Epcot, and maybe a tease that a new country is coming to World Showcase.

He says the only guaranteed thing we'll get though, is a more thorough description of Star Wars lands, and maybe an example of an autonomous droid that will roam the lands.