Disney's Snow White (Live-Action Retelling) | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney's Snow White (Live-Action Retelling)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
They never said they weren’t doing them, they said they would be reimagined for today.

We can argue over verbiage all we want, but the quote from Disney in there implies the plan was not to present the Dwarfs as we know them from the animated film.

The new official still presents the Dwarfs (basically) as we know them.

The older photo was fake.
Disney confirmed those photos were real but "unofficial."

The credited stand-ins for Zegler and the prince character were present in those photos, too.

Reactions: SeventyOne
NOT related to this god-awful train wreck live-action remake which should get the WB-Discovery "tax" treatment & be thrown into a bottomless pit never to be seen again! (Don't worry, I'll be sure to tell how I really feel)

Asylum has made their own live-action (modern retelling) of Snow White. I can't say I hate it. It will definitely be B-movie cringe bad, but in an entertaining way lol

This will be A LOT better than Disney's whenever they get around to finally releasing their version. As @Clive mentioned years ago (several pages back), Universal's "Snow White & The Huntsman" was actually a well done adaptation (plus the The Huntsman spin-off was fun too). Even if Kristen Stewart only acted with one facial expression lol. I personally don't want to see a reimagined version from Disney, I'm still traumatized by their destruction of B&TB and Mulan (which I haven't watched).

I've only liked 3 of the live-action remakes:

1996's 101 Dalmatians, 2016's Jungle Book, & Aladdin (despite the lack of Jasmine's iconic red slave outfit, giant hourglass prison & the giant Jafar cobra)

I've only liked 3 of the live-action remakes:

1996's 101 Dalmatians, 2016's Jungle Book, & Aladdin (despite the lack of Jasmine's iconic red slave outfit, giant hourglass prison & the giant Jafar cobra)
I remember seeing 2016's Jungle Book, it was good for what it is. I believe that they were some parts changed from the animated film, specifically when Mogwli ends up accidentally setting the jungle on fire. The following year I saw Beauty and the Beast, and as one reviewer put it "the animated film with a Snap Chat filter over it."

I remember seeing 2016's Jungle Book, it was good for what it is. I believe that they were some parts changed from the animated film, specifically when Mogwli ends up accidentally setting the jungle on fire.
it was perfect. The reason why there were differences was because they used the original source material to flesh out the movie - aka the book the animated movie was based on.

Still hoping for the sequel to happen. Unfortunately, the kid playing Mowgli is too old now unless they set it years later.

The following year I saw Beauty and the Beast, and as one reviewer put it "the animated film with a Snap Chat filter over it."
As someone who could (and still) quote B&TB word for word, I HATED every second of the remake. There is nothing positive i can say about it lol. They honestly should've just filmed the original Broadway musical instead (at least then the Beast wouldn't have been CGI). That reviewer was too kind. lol

NOT related to this god-awful train wreck live-action remake which should get the WB-Discovery "tax" treatment & be thrown into a bottomless pit never to be seen again! (Don't worry, I'll be sure to tell how I really feel)

Asylum has made their own live-action (modern retelling) of Snow White. I can't say I hate it. It will definitely be B-movie cringe bad, but in an entertaining way lol

This will be A LOT better than Disney's whenever they get around to finally releasing their version. As @Clive mentioned years ago (several pages back), Universal's "Snow White & The Huntsman" was actually a well done adaptation (plus the The Huntsman spin-off was fun too). Even if Kristen Stewart only acted with one facial expression lol. I personally don't want to see a reimagined version from Disney, I'm still traumatized by their destruction of B&TB and Mulan (which I haven't watched).

The live action remakes don't have a great reputation of being phenomenal, but they don't really have a track record of being unwatchable either. They've mostly been middle of the road, not as good as the original, but fine.

None of us have seen this film yet so to outright bash it is all based on nothing, making this a conversation not on the merits of the film, but simply that you want it to fail. Unless there's a new trailer drop, there's nothing to actually talk about here.

Reactions: imagin78
I actually really enjoyed the Cinderella Live Action remake. I also thought Aladdin was pretty good.
I thought Aladdin was pretty good as well. Cinderella was possibly the best of them all. I even got a pretty decent amount of enjoyment from The Lion King, but i'm not sure that can be considered live action. It was just a CGI version of the original animated movie straight up.

Lion King was lifeless. I love the animated original (and it's sequel), this remake actually put me to sleep in the theater! It was devoid of character & charm that the animated had.

Jungle Book however was extremely well done that I had to watch it 3 times & I've never really been a fan of the original animated movie. (Ironically loved Talespin though)

I have yet to make it through Cinderella. Although, like Snow White, it's had so many adaptations before Disney jumped on the band wagon pumpkin stagecoach. One of these days I'll see it entirely, I just keep forgetting it exists.