Effects of Coronavirus (COVID-19) On Entertainment & Tourism Industry | Page 141 | Inside Universal Forums

Effects of Coronavirus (COVID-19) On Entertainment & Tourism Industry

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Irony....Just like the disease experts and the officials ordering lock downs, that preached social distancing/stay at home, but got caught not doing it themselves.....We already saw video last month of the throngs of thousands of Chinese tourists at national tourist sites shoulder to shoulder touching, and a good number without face masks, in a society that actually has a history of wearing face masks in public. ...And this is China.....I imagine Florida, there might initially be some wearing face masks and practicing real social distancing when the parks open. Then, after a couple weeks, they'll lag, and less will be doing it. And after a month of opening it will be even less than that. Reality is that people, after a while, get used to a crisis, and then slack off the protections.
Seems like when DeSantis announced phase one the people took it to mean we are done and can get back to what you did before. This is not going to go well but it does seem that the positivity rate is not falling with increased testing so maybe bunches of people have had it so the herd is turning? Half a million tested at one time or another, maybe a month ago and now they are positive?

Seems like when DeSantis announced phase one the people took it to mean we are done and can get back to what you did before. This is not going to go well but it does seem that the positivity rate is not falling with increased testing so maybe bunches of people have had it so the herd is turning? Half a million tested at one time or another, maybe a month ago and now they are positive?
The heat & humidity are probably helping to clean it up, or lessen it's effects at the least, down there. The northeast has had perhaps the coldest spring on record, and no chance to kill the bugger.

First day after reopening
ETPlZuQWkAA-n7F-690x460.jpg

Second day
line1.jpg

Yeah, so far I'm not convinced that Disney or Universal will look like ghost towns after the initial rush. Looking 30 days ahead at Disney for June 7 and FP+ options are almost completely booked, even for the crappy stuff. Now that may be Disney putting out fewer slots for the lower capacities, but one only needs to remember the crowd that congregated on MK's last night before shutting down.

People gonna theme park, safety hazards be damned.

It's going to be interesting to see if they can keep guests apart...as memebers pointed out in the video they would not standing apart, and that was a small group so good luck with thousands of guests

Reactions: Mad Dog
It's going to be interesting to see if they can keep guests apart...as memebers pointed out in the video they would not standing apart, and that was a small group so good luck with thousands of guests
Yep. Thinking distancing will stick after the first few weeks, even in China, is blue sky.... In Florida, after a couple of weeks,it'll look like normal times except for the queues, and maybe not there either. Just like the beaches end up.

Yeah, so far I'm not convinced that Disney or Universal will look like ghost towns after the initial rush. Looking 30 days ahead at Disney for June 7 and FP+ options are almost completely booked, even for the crappy stuff. Now that may be Disney putting out fewer slots for the lower capacities, but one only needs to remember the crowd that congregated on MK's last night before shutting down.

Yep...It's like the Daytona 500 where they're all driving slow and then one of the cars takes off and they all take off

However, I do think people are going to be more mindful of avoiding each other.

What was that the line for lol?
HP, and you will never see that kind of line again hopefully haha

So with Dark Harbor/Dark Horizon being cancelled, how about we give a percentage on the probability of HHN 2020 (both coasts), Knott’s Scary Farm, & Six flags Frightfest.

So with Dark Harbor/Dark Horizon being cancelled, how about we give a percentage on the probability of HHN 2020 (both coasts), Knott’s Scary Farm, & Six flags Frightfest.
In the HHN thread it looks like a maze is being built at water world....so pretty high but nothing officially being said yet

Same as yesterday and the day before when question was asked. It is on until it is not. Not sure why this question is asked almost daily. If something changes it will be everywhere, until then it is a go.

While I agree in principle, June 7th is sort of a bad example. When they closed indefinitely, they encouraged guests to rebook with deals and free meals and the first dates for a lot of that was June 1st. I think a lot of June filled up because of that.

Is anyone surprised by that though? From my understanding, Dark Horizon didn't make any money. It was also a poorly run event. I doubt it would've done much this year even if COVID wasn't happening.

Is anyone surprised by that though? From my understanding, Dark Horizon didn't make any money. It was also a poorly run event. I doubt it would've done much this year even if COVID wasn't happening.
Those kinds of events take a couple years to really find their footing. It’s a long-term investment.

Reactions: Grabnar
Reading about the Shanghai opening on Theme Park Insider, Robert Niles says China (Shanghai) is using a 1 meter distancing policy which is considerably less than the 6 foot policy here....Of course, the difference is meaningless if people in either country don't pay heed to it anyway. But I thought the difference in standards was quite interesting. Perhaps that's why they are so close in the Shanghai video presentation. 1 meter is pretty damn close..

The tourist flooding into town here act like they've never heard of social distancing.

That or they got confused and think it's 6 inches instead of feet.

This does not bode well for widespread enforcement of these policies. The parks will obviously be better about it since they are a closed environment, but at some point they will also get lax on enforcement.

The tourist flooding into town here act like they've never heard of social distancing.

That or they got confused and think it's 6 inches instead of feet.

This does not bode well for widespread enforcement of these policies. The parks will obviously be better about it since they are a closed environment, but at some point they will also get lax on enforcement.

What town are you in?

Status
Not open for further replies.