Falcon's Fury | Page 20 | Inside Universal Forums

Falcon's Fury

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Shots from today . . .

We'll start with the Falcon's Fury storage yard

FalconsFury-032.jpg

As most of you have seen the center shaft tubes from afar, I concentrated on close-ups.

FalconsFury-033.jpg

FalconsFury-034.jpg

FalconsFury-035.jpg

FalconsFury-036.jpg

FalconsFury-037.jpg

FalconsFury-038.jpg

FalconsFury-039.jpg

FalconsFury-045.jpg

FalconsFury-046.jpg

I believe this is the top section

FalconsFury-040.jpg

Misc parts

FalconsFury-041.jpg

FalconsFury-042.jpg

Plates to join the tubes

FalconsFury-043.jpg

Top ring ???

FalconsFury-044.jpg

I don't care what anyone says, Bob is a photog stud! That's a TV worthy update right there.

That MAY be the reason he is not allowed on UOR property! Like that's gonna stop him. :lol:

Last edited:
UOR's nightmare is a BGT wet dream.

Just sayin'

You got it :thumbs:

Difference is day and night.

I Went through security with two cameras, a tripod, a monopole and the GoPro gear. The response I received was, "Really nice case for the GoPro". If I was trying to enter UOR it would have been, "What are you going to do with all that. We're going to have an issue if you're coming here to take pictures".

You got it :thumbs:

Difference is day and night.

I Went through security with two cameras, a tripod, a monopole and the GoPro gear. The response I received was, "Really nice case for the GoPro". If I was trying to enter UOR it would have been, "What are you going to do with all that. We're going to have an issue if you're coming here to take pictures".
It is really a shame. We have done more for UOR's new **** than anyone on the web and they treat us like something they scraped off their shoes. I am pretty sure OU got more hits prior to Potter 1.0 than there own site did but they throw down the ban hammer on their best PR tools.

Not that we're "total tools".

So halfway down the drop the seats will tilt back upright according to the article. I didn't expect that. Should be an interesting sensation.

Tried a few things out today. Here is one of them . . .

[video=youtube_share;leZ2_nf9vFs]http://youtu.be/leZ2_nf9vFs[/video]

Going to try different settings next time.

Reactions: UK-Trigg
Awesome coverage Bob. like Dave said, the difference between uni and BGT is like day and night. I'm pleased you have found a new niche and I look forward to following your updates through to the end. Great work.

I don't envy the poor guy who has to paint this thing once it is erected.

Looking at foundations and from what I've read would I be correct in thinking this thing will be up by Christmas?

Not sure when they poured the foundation, but I would think they would give it three months curing time at a bare minimum.

I found it odd that the article made a somewhat big deal out of the fact that are "pumping water out of the ground", as that is soooo common in large building and road construction in Florida.

Not sure when they poured the foundation, but I would think they would give it three months curing time at a bare minimum.

Concrete strength is measured in PSI is rated for 28 days after pour. The strength of the concrete would be stated on engineering plans and that would be the mix used. So, it would take 28 days to reach desired strength. Also, erection of the central tubes could being before that time as the loads would not be the same as during usage. As a reference point, concrete actually cures for years.

That being said we are still at least a few weeks out from the start of erection as the crane has not arrived on site yet.

Great pics, Bob. I say you grow a beard, blot out your fingerprints, and go make a photo assault on UOR and post under a fake name. BOB'S REVENGE!!!!

Not quite as good as Teebs' and HtF's drawing in the WWoHP II thread but anyway . . .

Orange = approximate location of construction walls

Red = approximate location of Falcon's Fury

Yellow = my best guess as to the location where ride components and the crane will enter

Some of the existing structures and rides in the path have already been removed.
This is the only way I can see that they can do it without interrupting ongoing park operations.

FalconsFury-CranePath.jpg

Sorry HtF, couldn't help myself :wave: :rofl:

Last edited: