Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion | Page 428 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I don't believe at all that JK or WB would allow Potter to be retrofitted into Supercharged, especially when Supercharged has such poor public perception. Changing the ride vehicles from party buses to Knight Buses doesn't suddenly make for a good ride.

This is all without saying that F&F is in San Fran, with the entrance being pretty far away from Diagon.

I doubt JK knows what Supercharged is and it'll be pitched as an entirely new experience.

I doubt JK knows what Supercharged is and it'll be pitched as an entirely new experience.
Whether she knows or not, I don't think anyone would want their life's work attached to something revile did as one of the worst works in a given medium. I mean, she'll have to find out eventually.

Also from what I remember, Rowling wasn't happy with the other Potter retrofit, from Dueling Dragons to Dragon Challenge. There are obviously differences in kind between that and a retrofit from F&F to Knight Bus (I.e the presence of exposed coaster track) but interesting to note nonetheless.

I have a solution. That all depends on how well the new Ghostbusters movie does. They could put a two story interactive trackless dark ride (Like the original plan for SLoP) for space and have it themed to GB. Imagine how sick the firehouse facade would be on NY street! Heck, maybe they could even repurpose their old plans for SLoP and reskin it to GB!
:whistle:
I don't believe at all that JK or WB would allow Potter to be retrofitted into Supercharged, especially when Supercharged has such poor public perception. Changing the ride vehicles from party buses to Knight Buses doesn't suddenly make for a good ride.

This is all without saying that F&F is in San Fran, with the entrance being pretty far away from Diagon.
I was told they were looking at. Not that it’s happening or a done deal, just that all of that a Knight Bus re-theme was being considered and, if it happened, F&F would likely replace MIB.

:whistle:

I was told they were looking at. Not that it’s happening or a done deal, just that all of that a Knight Bus re-theme was being considered and, if it happened, F&F would likely replace MIB.
Hol up. You trying to say we remove MIB so we then get a Ghostbuster interactive shooter? Because if so, demolish MIB.

HYPOTHETICAL: In ten years, the following will be...

Replaced:
  • Fast and Furious Supercharged
  • Men in Black: Alien Attack
  • Fear Factor Live
  • Shrek 4D
  • Revenge of the Mummy
  • Hollywood RIP Ride Rock-It
Added:
  • Knight Bus dark ride and expanded London waterfront
  • Fast and Furious indoor bus-bar dark ride (like Test Track and Mario Kart)
  • Secret Life of Pets clone from USH
  • Ghostbusters interactive dark ride
Sound good to y'all?

Last edited:
In ten years, the following will be...

Replaced:
  • Fear Factor Live
  • Shrek 4D
  • Revenge of the Mummy
Added:
Sound good to y'all?
I wouldn’t say “will.” I was told all this was being considered.

Reactions: Nico
In ten years, the following will be...

Replaced:
  • Fear Factor Live
  • Shrek 4D
  • Revenge of the Mummy
Added:
Sound good to y'all?
I like this timeline a lot

If they could find a way to bring Jaws back with all of this then we'd have literally nothing to complain about

Rode mib once and my family is fine if we never ride it again. Same with f&f. Gringotts is okay but if they get rid of mummy my family wouldn't even need to get passes to universal...ioa only.

Would be great if mib or one of the screen rides were replaced with something more thrilling.

If they could find a way to bring Jaws back with all of this then we'd have literally nothing to complain about
I like this timeline but they need to get a damn vaccine stat so I can ride Mummy and MIB a few more times haha. I know it’s not imminent but my return to the parks may not be either so, get on it peeps. I love this timeline though, add in Pokémon and USF is a top tier park by the end of the decade.

Hopefully Fallon is forced to be replaced by an SNL attraction on some sort or star someone else by 2030 and it just gets an overhaul. Some SNL ride with Tina and Amy would be fun but who knows where they’ll be in a decade lol. But, if Fallon isn’t tackled until the 2030s that’a not the end of the world, I think it’d just be great if they could get the media center down there and expand it into some museum of NBC/Universal tv and film. A walk through tour/attraction/museum, that and the media center being more consistent would liven that area up a hit or keep people in that part of the parks the very least a bit longer. Anyways, done rambling didn’t mean to drag you into this @shiekra38

Ehh, this doesn't solve all the problems in the park. Kidzone is still standing. We'd still have a SCREENZ problem (F&F, Ghostbusters, and Knight Bus would probably have screens involved). And with Hollywood RIP Ride Rock-It and Mummy gone, now we have a severe lack of coasters in the park.

However, that last problem can be easily solved, although some might not like it. The solution to the coaster problem would be to build a B&M Mini-Hyper where HRRR now stands. USJ has a similar coaster which is pretty much the better version of HRRR, and I think it would be great in this park. The coaster has forward and backwards facing trains and focuses on airtime, which is nowhere to be found in USO. It's smaller in height and better with capacity. Just an all-around better fit for the resort as a whole.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
HYPOTHETICAL: In ten years, the following will be...

Replaced:
  • Fear Factor Live
  • Shrek 4D
  • Revenge of the Mummy
Added:
Sound good to y'all?
I don't know. For me I would have preferred a plan where the Ministry of Magic took over Fear Factor, Pokemon took over KidZone, and SLOP got placed in Shrek. Ultimately I think F&F to Knight Bus is a band-aid on an open wound. I'm sure a Ghostbusters ride would be fun and would bring in merch revenue. But, as a child of the 90s, and beyond merch and nostalgia, it seems like just as much of a dead franchise as MiB.

Ehh, this doesn't solve all the problems in the park. Kidzone is still standing. We'd still have a SCREENZ problem (F&F, Ghostbusters, and Knight Bus would probably have screens involved). And with Hollywood RIP Ride Rock-It and Mummy gone, now we have a severe lack of coasters in the park.

However, that last problem can be easily solved, although some might not like it. The solution to the coaster problem would be to build a B&M Mini-Hyper where HRRR now stands. USJ has a similar coaster which is pretty much the better version of HRRR, and I think it would be great in this park. The coaster has forward and backwards facing trains and focuses on airtime, which is nowhere to be found in USO. It's smaller in height and better with capacity. Just an all-around better fit for the resort as a whole.
Ironically, we would have a B&M if they weren't busy at the time

Personally, I would love an Intamin Hyper

I don't know. For me I would have preferred a plan where the Ministry of Magic took over Fear Factor, Pokemon took over KidZone, and SLOP got placed in Shrek. Ultimately I think F&F to Knight Bus is a band-aid on an open wound. I'm sure a Ghostbusters ride would be fun and would bring in merch revenue. But, as a child of the 90s, and beyond merch and nostalgia, it seems like just as much of a dead franchise as MiB.

That timeline would have been great for sure, but I don't think we could reasonably get that timeline and a new theme park at the same time. Too much money. Besides, I don't think that the Knight Bus will be a rethemed Supercharged, it'll be it's own separate thing, and Ghostbusters is an iconic franchise that MIB, despite being great, can not match.

EDIT: Maybe I should rephrase. I get that it's iconic. But I don't know what its reach is to people born in the era after the movies and the cartoons. It seems like attempts to expand on Ghostbusters recently have ultimately fallen short, with the 2016 movie trying for something different that wasn't popular, and the 2021 movie attempting the loving veneration of the past shtick with a cast of characters who fawn over the iconography of the previous films.

I think the Knight bus idea works if they do 3 major things. The queue needs to be amazing. I like walk through dursley house idea even better if it ended at the burrow as the gift shop (though wasn't where Harry went). The screen show needs to be actually well done with proper proportions (no humans the size of a helicopter) and good story. Finally and probably most important, market it as a kid's ride, which fixes the fact it isn't fast or furious. They should make the seats look like beds too.

I think the Knight bus idea works if they do 3 major things. The queue needs to be amazing. I like walk through dursley house idea even better if it ended at the burrow as the gift shop (though wasn't where Harry went). The screen show needs to be actually well done with proper proportions (no humans the size of a helicopter) and good story. Finally and probably most important, market it as a kid's ride, which fixes the fact it isn't fast or furious. They should make the seats look like beds too.
Love the idea.

Wanted to spread the word that the copters are apparently supposed to be drones. Their design is really weird.

Reactions: SarahKay