Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion | Page 429 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
HYPOTHETICAL: In ten years, the following will be...

Replaced:
  • Fast and Furious Supercharged
  • Men in Black: Alien Attack
  • Fear Factor Live
  • Shrek 4D
  • Revenge of the Mummy
  • Hollywood RIP Ride Rock-It
Added:
  • Knight Bus dark ride and expanded London waterfront
  • Fast and Furious indoor bus-bar dark ride (like Test Track and Mario Kart)
  • Secret Life of Pets clone from USH
  • Ghostbusters interactive dark ride
Sound good to y'all?

And Kidzone never dies

Ehh, this doesn't solve all the problems in the park. Kidzone is still standing. We'd still have a SCREENZ problem (F&F, Ghostbusters, and Knight Bus would probably have screens involved). And with Hollywood RIP Ride Rock-It and Mummy gone, now we have a severe lack of coasters in the park.

However, that last problem can be easily solved, although some might not like it. The solution to the coaster problem would be to build a B&M Mini-Hyper where HRRR now stands. USJ has a similar coaster which is pretty much the better version of HRRR, and I think it would be great in this park. The coaster has forward and backwards facing trains and focuses on airtime, which is nowhere to be found in USO. It's smaller in height and better with capacity. Just an all-around better fit for the resort as a whole.
The original plan for the MIB plot was a coaster themed to Apollo 13. Universal revisiting that idea for F&F makes perfect sense to address your coaster concern. SLoP is likely coming before anything else (practical), and could replace Shrek (one screen down). If GB replaces RotM, it would likely incorporate a good bit of practical effects that leverage screens. It wouldn’t be a screen based ride.

And my thoughts on Knight Bus: It wouldn’t be an E-Ticket. Gringotts is the Potter E-Ticket in Studios. A make over of Supercharged to Knight Bus would turn a poorly conceived “thrill ride,” into something far more family friendly.

A queue that goes through the Dursley’s would be fun, but I’d rather they rework the queue so that the attraction enters where it currently exits (across-ish from Richter’s), and the exits closer to King’s Cross. I’d also theme the queue to the Order of the Phoenix headquarters (which exists and is actively working against Voldemort in the WWoHP: Diagon Timeline. Tonks or Remus tasks us with delivering something to someone else, and we have to take Knight Bus.

The dark tunnel gets adjusted to show buildings instead of lights (with the Mario Kart motion tech). The musion scene would be amped exponentially, being your delivery that’s interrupted by a Death Eater attack. The 360 tunnel becomes a full out chase, ending with the Order rescuing us.

Its a kid-friendly, C-D ticket. If they give the bus seats the ability to slide and shift (like the beds in the movie), it will immediately give it something unique that helps it stand apart from Reign of Kong.

The original plan for the MIB plot was a coaster themed to Apollo 13. Universal revisiting that idea for F&F makes perfect sense to address your coaster concern. SLoP is likely coming before anything else (practical), and could replace Shrek (one screen down). If GB replaces RotM, it would likely incorporate a good bit of practical effects that leverage screens. It wouldn’t be a screen based ride.

And my thoughts on Knight Bus: It wouldn’t be an E-Ticket. Gringotts is the Potter E-Ticket in Studios. A make over of Supercharged to Knight Bus would turn a poorly conceived “thrill ride,” into something far more family friendly.

A queue that goes through the Dursley’s would be fun, but I’d rather they rework the queue so that the attraction enters where it currently exits (across-ish from Richter’s), and the exits closer to King’s Cross. I’d also theme the queue to the Order of the Phoenix headquarters (which exists and is actively working against Voldemort in the WWoHP: Diagon Timeline. Tonks or Remus tasks us with delivering something to someone else, and we have to take Knight Bus.

The dark tunnel gets adjusted to show buildings instead of lights (with the Mario Kart motion tech). The musion scene would be amped exponentially, being your delivery that’s interrupted by a Death Eater attack. The 360 tunnel becomes a full out chase, ending with the Order rescuing us.

Its a kid-friendly, C-D ticket. If they give the bus seats the ability to slide and shift (like the beds in the movie), it will immediately give it something unique that helps it stand apart from Reign of Kong.
I will miss Mummy, but we're literally getting a freaking Monsters World in EU

And whose to say that they won't expand Monsters World one day

Reactions: Magic-Man

I love this, but I personally don't agree with Mummy getting replaced. They can still put a GB ride elsewhere without replacing Mummy on NY Street.

Reactions: Cheezbat

I definitely like these ideas! Especially the moving seats. I lke the storyline idea too especially fits with existing local. I think though I'd prefer going from the Burrow to headquarters since they were both key locations for the order. Also I would really like for them to do something with the Burrow but i think relistically it would have to be something small like a queue or gift shop. It would also get Mr. Weasley again which I think would be easy for them to do. Although I'd love to see Tonks too.

Here's my easiest, cheapest retheme for F&F have Professor Lupin teach a bogart class and then our bogart is just the F&F ride since its apparently scary bad. Hehe jk

Does anyone else feel like Potter is lacking a more family focused, calmer dark ride(besides HE)? I honestly feel like that’s next on the list for a Potter addition.

I feel like if Knight Bus were to happen or anything else on the F and F plot, it would fill this hole.
Agreed!

What are you even talking about?

I will say that MiB seems to have a lot more space than Fear Factor or Shrek, so if something was gonna be done over as FnF, MiB is probably first in line unfortunately.

Last edited:
Am I the only one that thinks F&F’s own building could easily be reused for a new ride? Personally, I’d keep pretty much everything as it is, except install a coaster track in lieu of the big trackless area. Then, have party room #1 show the current party video, then Party Room #2 is where Shaw finds us, and then the cars launch into the 360 room + shipping container corridor that are opened up to be a giant spaghetti bowl of track that passes vignettes to simulate a chase and defeat. Then, pull around back into unload. It would probably need smaller trains, like Backlot Stunt Coaster at the Cedar Fair parks, but I think it would get the job done, while using existing stuff.

Whether or not this idea has been bandied about at Universal Creative, I don't want it to happen. I think it would probably be a bad Potter ride because we already know what they'd be working with and it would also eliminate a non-Potter LAND in the park... to replace with more Potter. The amount of land Potter would be taking up in USF alone would be ridiculous. I'm totally on board with replacing Fear Factor with something Potter related (preferably the MoM ride, but it seems that's going to EU).

This all just sounds like really early Blue Sky level stuff that some Creative is trying to push in order to gain traction among the fan base.

Am I the only one that thinks F&F’s own building could easily be reused for a new ride? Personally, I’d keep pretty much everything as it is, except install a coaster track in lieu of the big trackless area. Then, have party room #1 show the current party video, then Party Room #2 is where Shaw finds us, and then the cars launch into the 360 room + shipping container corridor that are opened up to be a giant spaghetti bowl of track that passes vignettes to simulate a chase and defeat. Then, pull around back into unload. It would probably need smaller trains, like Backlot Stunt Coaster at the Cedar Fair parks, but I think it would get the job done, while using existing stuff.
Oh yeah, the best thing to come out of Supercharged was that giant warehouse. Strip everything inside and you've got yourself pretty much a blank slate and a giant place to do something.

Dear Universal Creative, here is another free brilliant idea for F&F:
Gut the inside of the F&F building and make it a Jaws boot-ride that would rival Pirats of the Caribbean Shanghai. You can use AA's, projections, water effect, wind effects, everything and the kitchen sink. Thing is, this is a new Jaws story as we are on a little sightseeing boat trip at dusk trough the San Francisco harbor where some sailors on a fishing boat warn us not to continue as a shark is seen and their nets are destroyed. Over the radio our skipper explains there is nothing to worry about and our remote controlled, self steering, solar powered roofed boat (it is the west coast, and there will be toast with avocado later) continues it's scenic, green tour as a speedboat comes rushing by. There is a large chunk bitten out of the boat and the couple on it screams they where attacked.
Just before we go around the corner we hear a radio, that is standing on an empty surfboard, swim trunk blood and bubbles can be seen leaving it to our imagination what horror happened. The radio says there is a big storm coming and alerts us to not go to sea. When we go around the bend the sea is getting rough and there is lightning (this scene is enhanced with screens). It's dark and rain starts to pour down on our boat that is heavily rocking as we see a shark fin. Our remote captain steers us to a boathouse (remember that one kids) but it gets attacked by Jaws! Unfortunately we loose contact in the boathouse after lighting hits it and we are in the dark. That bloody shark is going at it as our boat is turning and shaking while the boathouse it getting damaged and rain starts to get in (there are 2 boathouses who look like 1 and are a turntable because this is a real live (no projections) simulator that takes a bit). We escape the shark but now we are on open water as a hurricane is coming from one side (projection) and jaws from the other side. We get contact again with our shipper who asks if we are okay, we are not.
I let you figure out the ending as I'm not getting paid for this gig but it will have fire and explosives and it will be super cool when we eventually return back to safety.

Dear Universal Creative, here is another free brilliant idea for F&F:
Gut the inside of the F&F building and make it a Jaws boot-ride that would rival Pirats of the Caribbean Shanghai. You can use AA's, projections, water effect, wind effects, everything and the kitchen sink.

Jaws: Hahbuh Chahged

F55DA1E0-876E-4BD2-A86F-E20CE209845D.jpeg

Reactions: Coolbfitz
I'd be interested to hear what everybody's wish list would be for their ideal F&F ride.

If it goes into the MIB plot, story and location can be anything. It's not bound to the location like Supercharged was to San Francisco.

Something similar to Mario Kart or Test Track is going to be the obvious ride system. Using the patent for drifting would also be a nice addition. For a ride based on fast cars, you're going to be expecting to be in a car. Doing something similar to TT/RSR isn't going to be enough, it's going to to have to best it. Theming wise, it won't beat RSR but it can improve on the racing aspect. It's going to have be fast, it's probably going to need to be the fastest ride in Orlando.

To go fast enough, it's going to need to go outside.The plot of land next to MIB is obviously valuable so raising in the track up above could work and will give enough room to go fast enough.

F&F MIB.jpg

I would theme the outside part to a highway with trees either side. I'd put the maintenance bay outside like an off ramp, maybe theme it to a gas station. For the on ramp afterwards, you could fake out a truck coming up ready to enter the highway.

9l-Interstate-80-I-80.jpg

For the straight section nearest Portofino, I'd have the track go into tunnel for noise suppression. Base it on the Griffith Park Tunnel as a nice tribute to BTTF.

015de6c3b336684dee1a9413d464a9da.jpg

Near the end of the outside section, have a highway sign pointing towards Universal Studios. Basically a real life version of this meme:

3batwv.jpg

Storywise, it's going to be basic cookie cutter. You go into the building because Dom is throwing a party because family. Maybe it's his son's birthday party, who knows. Dom promises us a race but before we can, Charlize Theron's character shows up to ruin the day and we have to escape. Luckily Ludacris's character can control the car (Another BTTF reference) we have to escape in because obviously he can. We escape, baddies chase us, police show up, we have to escape them. We think we're safe when Charlize Theron's character takes over control of our car and before she can drive us off a cliff, Ludacris manages to gain control again and we're safe once again.

Similar to RSR, another car shows up besides us as the track splits into two and we race on the outside part. The person in the drivers seat has a red button (A MIB reference) for NOS and the first person to press it will win the race.

Reactions: Magic-Man