Frozen Ever After | Page 18 | Inside Universal Forums

Frozen Ever After

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think if SW is done right, in the vein of Potter, it'll be the best thing Disney can do. Potter and SW are 1/1a of franchises, and give people a detailed, real-feeling world of those, and you win. Frozen is huge, but it doesn't have the depth of other franchises (IMO)

that I agree with...although I have a feeling Disney is going to milk the Frozen cow dry with sequels, a stage show, etc...then again all the new Star Wars movies will be HUGE.

I think if SW is done right, in the vein of Potter, it'll be the best thing Disney can do. Potter and SW are 1/1a of franchises, and give people a detailed, real-feeling world of those, and you win. Frozen is huge, but it doesn't have the depth of other franchises (IMO)

Totally agree. Star Wars is an established franchise that is getting a new wave of love. As much as I am disappointed in Disney for the lack of new creative rides, I am very happy with what they are doing with SW in terms of movies and TV series. IMO, a new SW land would be bigger than Potter. Last time I was at DHS (not at peak time), there was a 15 min wait to get a build your own light saber.

Well the thing is about Avatar I think all of you are forgetting is that it isn't done. There are still three more sequels in the course of a decade or two that could make pandora as spectacular as potter or even star wars locations. If avatar one was made to introduce it, JC did his job perfectly. These sequels could add food, drinks, more creatures, more environments, different types of navi, another pandora its endless. While it is questionable that disney looked out for James Cameron for a land (because he will want to keep adding to it to the point where it takes over the entire park)this land could become a sleeper hit in the long run

Well the thing is about Avatar I think all of you are forgetting is that it isn't done. There are still three more sequels in the course of a decade or two that could make pandora as spectacular as potter or even star wars locations. If avatar one was made to introduce it, JC did his job perfectly. These sequels could add food, drinks, more creatures, more environments, different types of navi, another pandora its endless. While it is questionable that disney looked out for James Cameron for a land (because he will want to keep adding to it to the point where it takes over the entire park)this land could become a sleeper hit in the long run

Star Wars ain't done either...

If anything...Disney actually has something more long term in front of them. Potter is over. At least for the time being, and who knows how the new JKR movie will even do. It could be a total dud.

Star Wars ain't done either...

good point it isn't, I'm sure the new movies will introduce tons of cool new planets and environments that could be perfect (or made for) the theme parks

- - - Updated - - -

If anything...Disney actually has something more long term in front of them. Potter is over. At least for the time being, and who knows how the new JKR movie will even do. It could be a total dud.

I definitely don't think that movie will be a dud (box office wise) but exactly. We are looking at avatar now just from the first movie alone and so far it's looking pretty cool. In the year 2030 we could all be saying to ourselves "wow, avatar is one of the best franchises ever made" and we'd all be talking about how the first one was the most disappointing one. The future is bright

If Fantastic Beasts bombs, I'll buy you a butterbeer.

WB just set up a Potter-focused group to ensure the world/franchise continues. Potter is about as done as Star Wars.

Those Narnia films were supposed to be sure things too...looked how those turned out. Also, damn do I hate the new Hobbit movies..but I realize this is personal opinion as the films have still done well. But then again the prequel trilogy did well too, despite hurting the franchise overall in many people's minds.

Those Narnia films were supposed to be sure things too...looked how those turned out. Also, damn do I hate the new Hobbit movies..but I realize this is personal opinion as the films have still done well. But then again the prequel trilogy did well too, despite hurting the franchise overall in many people's minds.

Apples to pennies.

I love how I got completely flamed for saying this movie wouldn't be that relevant in the future and now look at it. I haven't heard let it go in months, the MGM event wasn't that successful after the first week and it's now becoming just another Disney movie that was once gigantic. Shame ain't it?

Ummm... Not to say anything but to kids it is very relevant. My daughter who saw the movie once 3 months ago and we never play the music for her won't stop singing Let it Go. And she screams it, it is VERY annoying. Why you ask? Because at school the kids ALWAYS want to hear the CD in the afternoon, they always want to color the frozen pictures during free art, etc. The kids will NOT stop talking about it. Trust me, to the kids, it is still very much in their minds. And keep in mind, we have switched schools a month ago and both schools were the same way.

Park attendance is down all over the place, it has nothing to do with Frozen not being popular, it has everything to do with for some reason people are not visiting Orlando this year. The people who are, are going to Universal to see the new HP section.

TBH everything is down for travel this summer, I think a lot of people just stayed home and the ones that did go to Orlando this summer decided on UO instead of WDW. I work in the industry and it is a VERY slow summer from usual.

Did we get a closing date for maelstrom yet?

I think personally; September 28th is quite literally for Disney;"Frozen Day". Frozen Summer Fun ends on that day, Maelstrom closes (Most likely that Frozen for Epcot would be announced) and the Once Upon a Time premire which I think best bet, Frozen Maestrom gets announced the same day.

maybe the ticket prices have finally hit the ceiling?

If they did, they'd make a cheap marketing decision to have a ride take over a god-damn country but that will NEVER happen.. :horse:

I look at Frozen as a movie that connected to so many kids and teens like me just as Potter did for us. It's the modern Disney princess film that can relate to a lot of us. Now I think Tangled is better than Frozen, and I also think Music from 10-15 years ago is better than today's whatever people call music. And I also prefer Spidey over Transformers and I love Toon Lagoon.

The point is we are the minority of "Frozen is annoying" and its a "fad." Lucky for me, I don't care about EPCOT and I don't intend to visit Walt's World until I finally go to DLR (whenever that happens). People can have their Frozen land. At this point, anything Frozen good or bad will bring crowds now and for the foreseeable future. Disney can make crazy money. That's nice. My dollars will be going to more important places and causes...

Edit: Also I was never a fan of Maelstrom anyway.

BTW, I never saw the EPCOT that everyone loved and geeked out about. Consider myself the sad reality.

Last edited:
BTW, I never saw the EPCOT that everyone loved and geeked out about. Consider myself the sad reality.

This is the only part of your phrase I agree about. For me being born in the 70s, Epcot was boring as anything as a child. My parents made us do the go around the world collect the flags that we did. Back then they had no coloring stations or other things to collect, so flags it was. We were both bored out of our minds. I was 11, my sister was 17. After that first trip to Disney my Uncle moved here and we went to Disney more often. Epcot was boring for us kids, but later found out my parents didn't really care for it either. So whenever we went in the Epcot after that first visit it was a half day park.

Now as an adult living here today. We go to Epcot and we enjoy it. We have our things we ride and once in awhile we might explore an entire country. But we don't do the whole park. But we are not vacationing here so I am not a good indication of Epcot's popularity and what people coming down here think of the park. I think they have done a good job making it less boring for the kids, which in turn makes it less of a hassle for adults. Have they changed the original intent? YES, but did they NEED to, YES. If they did not, it would not be a park a lot of people would go to as a repeat visit. Just like my family only went as a half day and if we were not getting in for free (Aunt worked for Disney) we probably would not go at all. So I understand people are upset that Epcot has lost its way, but I think it had to to keep up with the times and what kids/families want.

I personally don't want to see Maelstrom replaced because it is one of the few rides in the world showcase. I wish if they were going to spend money over there, that they could do a new ride. But I get that Frozen happened to be set in the one of two countries that has a ride. So I am sad, but I get it.

Last edited:
So I understand people are upset that Epcot has lost its way, but I think it had to to keep up with the times and what kids/families want.

I'm sorry, but this view is ridiculous. Disney could have worked to make the park more "kid friendly" without sacrificing what made the park great. I was a kid in the 90s, and EPCOT was far and away my favorite park. Then they crapped up Communicore, Imagination, Horizons, the Seas, and World of Motion, and now I more or less can't stand the park. Things like Nemo and Gran Fiesta tour have not increased EPCOT's attendance to the point where you can say changing ECPOT's ideals was a good thing, and attractions like Test Track and Mission: Space could have been added to their respective pavilions instead of destroying them.

A lot of people falsely believe EPCOT was a hated park when it actually stood for something, but the guest satisfaction numbers from the time directly oppose this viewpoint. The reason EPCOT changed is because TWDC got lazy in attracting new sponsors, and when sponsorship dried up, they decided to go the easy route for things that would sell the most merch instead of cultivating original characters like Figment that could do that.

Making every park like the Magic Kingdom, in the long run, will not help WDW.

I was a kid in the 90s, and EPCOT was far and away my favorite park.

Right there with you, Epcot was always my favorite park at Disney World. Nemo I can accept replacing the Seas, even though the Seas was cool there wasn't as much to it and after the ride there is still a semblance of the Seas there. Unfortunate I never got to eat dinner at that restaurant though :( Horizons, Journey to Imagination, Spaceship Earth, and World of Motion were always my favorite rides in the park in that order to see what they have been reduced to is heartbreaking (be it rubble or a shadow of its original glory not sure which is worse). I agree that adding the likes of Mission Space or Test Track could have likely been added to their pavilions and could have made some very interesting ride flows. My biggest gripe with Epcot is the empty buildings/areas.

Maybe I'm just remembering it way better than it was.