Frozen Ever After | Page 19 | Inside Universal Forums

Frozen Ever After

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm sorry, but this view is ridiculous. Disney could have worked to make the park more "kid friendly" without sacrificing what made the park great. I was a kid in the 90s, and EPCOT was far and away my favorite park. Then they crapped up Communicore, Imagination, Horizons, the Seas, and World of Motion, and now I more or less can't stand the park. Things like Nemo and Gran Fiesta tour have not increased EPCOT's attendance to the point where you can say changing ECPOT's ideals was a good thing, and attractions like Test Track and Mission: Space could have been added to their respective pavilions instead of destroying them.

A lot of people falsely believe EPCOT was a hated park when it actually stood for something, but the guest satisfaction numbers from the time directly oppose this viewpoint. The reason EPCOT changed is because TWDC got lazy in attracting new sponsors, and when sponsorship dried up, they decided to go the easy route for things that would sell the most merch instead of cultivating original characters like Figment that could do that.

Making every park like the Magic Kingdom, in the long run, will not help WDW.

I personally didn't have any issue with Mexico, my husband LOVES that ride, his whole family does, and they still love it after it was redone. So I know it is a huge issue with many here, but I am curious if the general population cares. I don't remember the pre-nemo, so I can't comment on that. I agree that pavilions should not have been closed down and not replaced with anything. That to me was stupid. I also don't remember pre-test track so I can't comment on that one.

I will say the people I talked to from the Pittsburgh area all were not fans of Epcot. Later talking to my mom found out that really it was the park people talked about going to get the culture experience, but not wanting to return to. So maybe it was the area I grew up in. I mean Pittsburgh people that were born and raised there many times stay there and don't travel a lot. Most people leave because there are no jobs and they are forced to leave. My group of friends were the opposite and we always talked about getting out of there, but we were not the norm. But I still know many people who would never leave and if they did leave due to jobs have gone back and hated living outside of Pittsburgh. Most of my friends that stayed never traveled much out of the country except one of my friends. Pittsburgh is its own little world. I still love the city and love visiting. But I hated the weather. But I do miss the culture of Pittsburgh, it was something you can't get outside of Pittsburgh and it is what makes families stay their generation after generation. So maybe my opinion is not correct or maybe others feel this way too outside of the theme park world that this board lives in.

I personally didn't have any issue with Mexico, my husband LOVES that ride, his whole family does, and they still love it after it was redone. So I know it is a huge issue with many here, but I am curious if the general population cares. I don't remember the pre-nemo, so I can't comment on that. I agree that pavilions should not have been closed down and not replaced with anything. That to me was stupid. I also don't remember pre-test track so I can't comment on that one.

I will say the people I talked to from the Pittsburgh area all were not fans of Epcot. Later talking to my mom found out that really it was the park people talked about going to get the culture experience, but not wanting to return to. So maybe it was the area I grew up in. I mean Pittsburgh people that were born and raised there many times stay there and don't travel a lot. Most people leave because there are no jobs and they are forced to leave. My group of friends were the opposite and we always talked about getting out of there, but we were not the norm. But I still know many people who would never leave and if they did leave due to jobs have gone back and hated living outside of Pittsburgh. Most of my friends that stayed never traveled much out of the country except one of my friends. Pittsburgh is its own little world. I still love the city and love visiting. But I hated the weather. But I do miss the culture of Pittsburgh, it was something you can't get outside of Pittsburgh and it is what makes families stay their generation after generation. So maybe my opinion is not correct or maybe others feel this way too outside of the theme park world that this board lives in.

I'm sure there definitely were people who felt that way about EPCOT Center. But personally, I know a ton of people who feel that way about the Magic Kingdom. Or Animal Kingdom. Or Hollywood Studios. Or the Uni Parks. But the point with EPCOT was it was different. It had a purpose and a mission statement. That's what WDW's 4 parks should be, IMO. They should each have stuff that aspires to be different from the other's.

The park's rides in the late 90s definitely needed some shakeups and additions, there's no denying that. But Disney chose to go the easy route and erase what made the park different, and I think it's what's given us the listless, directionless park we have now. And unfortunately now I feel like World Showcase is also on its way to the point of no return.

I'm sure there definitely were people who felt that way about EPCOT Center. But personally, I know a ton of people who feel that way about the Magic Kingdom. Or Animal Kingdom. Or Hollywood Studios. Or the Uni Parks. But the point with EPCOT was it was different. It had a purpose and a mission statement. That's what WDW's 4 parks should be, IMO. They should each have stuff that aspires to be different from the other's.

The park's rides in the late 90s definitely needed some shakeups and additions, there's no denying that. But Disney chose to go the easy route and erase what made the park different, and I think it's what's given us the listless, directionless park we have now. And unfortunately now I feel like World Showcase is also on its way to the point of no return.

Oh I agree. Everyone has their opinions on their favorites and their parks they don't like at all. My in-laws are not Uni fans at all. The first time they went (pre-potter) my FIL said wow, I can tell I am not at Disney. He thought the park was not as clean, theme was bad, etc. I have been for the past 4 years trying to talk them into going again post-potter with no such luck. Now that they are moving down here they are planning on it, but knowing them it will take them a year before they go. It doesn't help that to them it is a "thrill" park and FIL due to his back can't go on thrill rides anymore. My BIL & SIL have a now 18 month old kid and they also think it is not kid friendly. My husband who HAS been to the park many times post-potter still is not a fan of it and I normally have to beg him to go or I just go by myself. Everyone has their opinion and it shapes how they go to the parks.

I am fine with Epcot being about learning, I think we need this. The problem with Epcot is that it becomes outdated so quickly and I think that is why Disney struggles with it. They don't want to put in the money to keep it up to date while still keeping the feel it used to have.

I think the vision behind Epcot was what made it great..it was never trying to be Magic Kingdom part 2, it was something more..The attractions were innovative, the theming was realistic and inspired a sense of place more than anywhere else I had been...it wasn't afraid to flirt with potentially being boring for the sake of realism and education...the problem with Epcot now is it has no vision..no reason for existence other than being a compliment to MK..then again that could be said for the other parks as well..

If you didn't go to the Millennium Celebration at Epcot then you will never understand why people are so up in arms about Epcot's current situation..

Epcot yes is supposed to be about the future but it could also be about nostalgia. I think Horizons with some updated film and projections would still hold up VERY well this day and age.

The problem is the entire corner of the park is beyond desolate. The Body Wars area and Universe of Energy just feel like pure dead spots. UOE always has all of there ride vehicles COMPLETELY almost empty. They need to update the film on that a little bit or do something to make it snazzy. I use it to get off of my feet. But they need to really spruce up this side of the park and make it more attractive.

I actually WISH they would lose the Disney characters in WS and make it feel like you're there instead of giving you a reminder you're at Disney.

Yes they are little things, but in Disney it was known to be that the little things are what counts. So if they decided to blow up Norway and make it into Arrendale, then they truly don't care about aesthetic, or theme, or anything. They only want to make a quick buck, And next think you know we'll be having Morocco become Agrabah and so on and so forth. If they start with this, at which point will it end?

If you didn't go to the Millennium Celebration at Epcot then you will never understand why people are so up in arms about Epcot's current situation..

It's funny, because even during the Millenium Celebration EPCOT was in the midst of becoming what we see today.

UOE always has all of there ride vehicles COMPLETELY almost empty.

Well, that's also because the ride's capacity is MASSIVE.

Epcot yes is supposed to be about the future but it could also be about nostalgia. I think Horizons with some updated film and projections would still hold up VERY well this day and age.

The problem is the entire corner of the park is beyond desolate. The Body Wars area and Universe of Energy just feel like pure dead spots. UOE always has all of there ride vehicles COMPLETELY almost empty. They need to update the film on that a little bit or do something to make it snazzy. I use it to get off of my feet. But they need to really spruce up this side of the park and make it more attractive.

I actually WISH they would lose the Disney characters in WS and make it feel like you're there instead of giving you a reminder you're at Disney.

Yes they are little things, but in Disney it was known to be that the little things are what counts. So if they decided to blow up Norway and make it into Arrendale, then they truly don't care about aesthetic, or theme, or anything. They only want to make a quick buck, And next think you know we'll be having Morocco become Agrabah and so on and so forth. If they start with this, at which point will it end?

Agree with many of your points especially UoE and Body Wars area also I would add the old restaurant between future land and Mexico.

I would honestly be 100% fine if they had the characters have permanent areas within the countries to tie together the education with the entertainment. Just not to the point of replacing the country as you said. I think if a kid loves the movie Aladdin and sees Jasmine and Aladdin in Morocco it could increase their appreciation of the country and become more interested. To me it feels like Disney has been moving in this direction throughout the rest of the resort and I definitely support it (another good example is Polynesian with Lilo and Stitch). I think that once the country is fully replaced or a major part of the culture and history is rewritten the problems begin. Once that happens it is no longer the world showcase, it is just a trip around Disney's vision of the world.

Agree with many of your points especially UoE and Body Wars area also I would add the old restaurant between future land and Mexico.

I would honestly be 100% fine if they had the characters have permanent areas within the countries to tie together the education with the entertainment. Just not to the point of replacing the country as you said. I think if a kid loves the movie Aladdin and sees Jasmine and Aladdin in Morocco it could increase their appreciation of the country and become more interested. To me it feels like Disney has been moving in this direction throughout the rest of the resort and I definitely support it (another good example is Polynesian with Lilo and Stitch). I think that once the country is fully replaced or a major part of the culture and history is rewritten the problems begin. Once that happens it is no longer the world showcase, it is just a trip around Disney's vision of the world.

I don't have a problem with Meet and Greets in the countries. They're not the most desirable thing for the setting, but they don't really take away from the countries.

I think the meet and greets in the countries are awesome. Not because they're that special but it shows how culturally diverse the Disney company actually is

This was posted by The Epcot Explorer's Encyclopedia

The international program Cast Members at the Norway Pavilion have been informed that attractions and merchandise positions at the pavilion will not exist beyond the end of September. CM's with contracts in October and beyond are being offered transfers and training in Food/Beverage. Recruitment for Fall/Winter attractions/merchandise has been canceled.

Are they getting rid of everything and turning into Arendelle? That would be horrible.

Well at least they are listening and moving quickly for something :bang:

Yeah, I am torn. I am slightly impressed Disney managed to plan something, agree on what was planned, and actually green light it so quickly. They never do this kind of crap. So I want to praise them for breaking out of their 10 year mold of new rides. But again I am sad to see one of two rides in the world showcase be changed. I wish a new ride was added to a different country and this ride was put in DHS or MK.

Yeah, I am torn. I am slightly impressed Disney managed to plan something, agree on what was planned, and actually green light it so quickly. They never do this kind of crap. So I want to praise them for breaking out of their 10 year mold of new rides. But again I am sad to see one of two rides in the world showcase be changed. I wish a new ride was added to a different country and this ride was put in DHS or MK.

this may have happened due to how cheap this overlay will supposedly be.