Frozen Ever After | Page 75 | Inside Universal Forums

Frozen Ever After

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think the ride will be fine with the biggest issues being the imposed limitations of reusing the ride system. I've seen this come up again so I want to say again that my hesitation with the attraction is that Frozen is decorated to Norway and has no actual roots with the country. It'd be if the mythical Africa pavilion had a show about African heritage then replaced it with The Lion King; sure it's set in Africa (and yes Frozen is set in a fictional country) but the creation and actual story has no relation to Africa.
Not to take away from your point, but we don't need to look far to find LK in Africa (hi DAK :wave:) and they blended LK into that space beautifully.

For the first time in forever.. World Showcase will be open at 9am...

And that'll be a terrible idea...

And they'll have to ride El Rio de Caballeros...

Because Frozen wont open up... and i'm not sure there's enough popcorn in the world for the online hordes who will watch it all go down via livestream.

Me, tomorrow at 9am...

michael-jackson-thriller-eating-popcorn_zpsbi8fb5rn.gif

For the first time in forever.. World Showcase will be open at 9am...

And that'll be a terrible idea...

And they'll have to ride El Rio de Caballeros...

Because Frozen wont open up... and i'm not sure there's enough popcorn in the world for the online hordes who will watch it all go down via livestream.
The chickens are coming home to roost for the decades of refusing to add attractions to WS. Even when it opens it will be a mess.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Supposedly there are plans for further rides in WS when Epcot finally sees it's love after DHS, but it's not clear where. Martin seemed to indicate there was plans for WS in the not so distant future.

Of course, there's been so many plans for WS over the years and for the most part, they've never gone anywhere. However, with the overwhelming crowds that Frozen will bring to a ride with such short of capacity, I wouldn't be surprised if another ride (hopefully on the opposite side of the lagoon) is built to help alleviate the stress that FEA is guaranteed to endure.

To be honest, I'm curious what the usual gaggle of "bloggers" do than what's on the ride (especially if it fails to open). Someone please document them tomorrow, it would be more interesting.

Supposedly there are plans for further rides in WS when Epcot finally sees it's love after DHS, but it's not clear where. Martin seemed to indicate there was plans for WS in the not so distant future.

Of course, there's been so many plans for WS over the years and for the most part, they've never gone anywhere. However, with the overwhelming crowds that Frozen will bring to a ride with such short of capacity, I wouldn't be surprised if another ride (hopefully on the opposite side of the lagoon) is built to help alleviate the stress that FEA is guaranteed to endure.
I feel as if there is always something "rumored" for Epcot..and then....silence

San Frantokyo is not Japan. That's even worse than Arrendale in Norway.
They don't care about real vs fake anymore..WS thrived on the hyper realistic pavilions, and I think that is going away...I think the new Soarin' is a metaphor for how Disney views WS..Real things mixed with fictional so the general public finds it more interesting...pitty

Agreed, it should be easy, other than I guess the original plans didn't match actual operations which is causing issues. We won't know anything until tomorrow when the first people ride. I will be riding on Friday most likely so I should hopefully have an update if someone else on here doesn't beat me to it.
You know, I could tell you a new attraction based on a huge franchise, using an old and out dated ride system wouldn't work without even looking at ride operations or layout. It's beyond obvious.

Reactions: SeventyOne
The guy should have just said, "it's better than a hammer to the groin."

That description of Lion King in Africa is still a better fit than Frozen in Norway.

I'm going to go to sleep chuckling over your comment. I just hope that it isn't what I dream about. Sadly, I've rode a few coasters that were nip/tuck on a hammer to the groin (Son of Beast, I'm thinking of you and may you burn forever!!!)

Reactions: Mad Dog
I do think it won't look like Maelstrom to most people. That's gone, they legit painted over all the murals and stripped all the foliage out.

The quality of what went in is up for debate though..

I wonder what they did to get the boats to clear the new "S" bend? Jackhammers?

Well the original used to either drench people with a self created tidal wave (which bounced back off the scenes's walls) or capsize the boat as it rounded the oil rig.

So there's precedent for making it work by sheer will power in a short period of time.

Reactions: JoeCamel