Frozen Ever After | Page 77 | Inside Universal Forums

Frozen Ever After

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
As I've said before, I'm generally reluctant to judge an attraction on a You Tube video, but Disney's rides, generally being AA & set oriented, transfer somewhat better to a video than an action/thrill/screen ride.....So my views on the video, keeping in mind it's "nowhere near" what a full experience, actual ride through, would be:...*The attraction looks like it's traditional Disney fun & entertaining. *Looks better than it's predecessor Maelstrom *AA's & sets are really nice & effective *Strangely enough, my favorite scene is the screen heavy scene. Appears beautiful & stunning *Good length at close to 5 minutes *Looks better than Mermaid (and I actually liked Mermaid) *Not crazy about the ending, it's OK, but the weakest part of the attraction to me *No real story, but I don't really expect one in this kind of attraction. Kind of like a musical highlights, but that's fine with me. *I like it. .....I would be interested in seeing what the capacity is. If it's under 1400 an hour, that will create issues.

Reactions: misterID and rioriz
When the POV started I thought, "Wow! Looks like I'll be eating my words!" But everything went downhill once it went, well, downhill :lol: Halfway through Let It Go, it feels like the ride just loses all its momentum and it ended with me thinking, "Why are we here?" It felt like they were trying to craft a story at the start, but then they forgot where it was going while they were telling it.

That being said, I'm kind of obsessed with the AAs and I love how they presented the music. Having different characters sing the songs (and adding harmonies??) was a pretty perfect idea: make it new, while giving people what they already love. Kudos on those aspects!

Reactions: rioriz
When the POV started I thought, "Wow! Looks like I'll be eating my words!" But everything went downhill once it went, well, downhill :lol: Halfway through Let It Go, it feels like the ride just loses all its momentum and it ended with me thinking, "Why are we here?" It felt like they were trying to craft a story at the start, but then they forgot where it was going while they were telling it.

That being said, I'm kind of obsessed with the AAs and I love how they presented the music. Having different characters sing the songs (and adding harmonies??) was a pretty perfect idea: make it new, while giving people what they already love. Kudos on those aspects!

I felt the same way after watching the POV! The opening was a LOT better than I thought. That Olaf AA is VERY impressive. A story was being set into motion but then you get to the "grand reveal" of seeing Elsa and it just fall flat. Then the end with the giant snowman (can't recall his name) seemed really bad. Nothing is going on. Here I thought he would rise up and do something but you just stare at him while the boat switches back to going forward and then he puffs out smoke. The music changes were great though. Makes it different enough to separate it from the movie while still being songs people know and love.

Overall, I am impressed. I thought we would get a ride with all screens and one AA of Elsa singing Let It Go when we go backwards. Having a lot of AA's makes this a classic Disney dark ride and the fact that they were able to fit it into an existing ride system is impressive. It went from a ride I thought I would ride once, laugh at and never go on again to something I can see myself riding at least once each time and possibly more if the line isn't to bad. Excited to check it out in Sept.

Reactions: Clive and rioriz
The AAs are good looking, but this ride still doesn't look very fun to me but I'm also a 25 year old male who doesn't like musical dark rides with princesses. This will be a hit with the little ones, so good for Disney. Still hate that this ride is in Epcot, especially in the world showcase

I find it funny how certain people rate a ride based on their own personal bias. This is obviously a ride for kids and families.

It looks okay. Wrong location, wrong ride system, terrible capacity, not much of a story... but it's cute, at least. The AAs are decent. I saw a YouTube comment saying that this ride is proof of Disney's superiority to Universal (using a FEA/ROK comparison) and... no... just... no.

Maelstrom's fog system on the backwards drop was restored so that's nice to see.

I think Marshmallow is supposed to lift up.

Otherwise it's a very charming little ride. Better than Mermaid.

Reactions: Clive
SO basing it off a YouTube video; it is nicely done. The Olaf AA is fantastic, but not liking the screens on some of the faces of the AA's - but could be that it is not translating well on camera. The Marshmallow scene looks half-assed though. Personally, wished they tried better with an entirely new ride instead of a layover. It hits the Maelstrom beats but under Frozen clothing. They needed capacity for this and it's clear that it's going to have that issue going forward. Either way, surprised how well done it was and it is a very good dark ride.