Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind - General Discussion | Page 123 | Inside Universal Forums

Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Did anyone get a confirmation email for the AP Preview? I didn’t get the email about the previews starting (saw that from Twitter) and didn’t get a confirmation email. The only proof I have of my AP booking is from a screenshot I took since I already didn’t trust Disney since I didn’t get the AP preview email.

Maelstrom 100% fit the original ethos of the park, which included celebrating the cultures of the world. Norse mythology is a major component of Norway's history.

You can argue that it was a kind of weird ride, with a scattershot approach (like the tacked-on oil rig), but it was thematically coherent.

I just feel like this is moving the goalposts a bit. Like it or not, the Snow Queen is a Scandinavian fairy tale.

Did anyone get a confirmation email for the AP Preview? I didn’t get the email about the previews starting (saw that from Twitter) and didn’t get a confirmation email. The only proof I have of my AP booking is from a screenshot I took since I already didn’t trust Disney since I didn’t get the AP preview email.
I booked at 10:30 AM and got my confirmation email at 1:15 PM. It definitely seems messy.

Someone said they may take up to 24 hours to arrive. I did get mine within 5 minutes though.

Our bonus park reservations should show up a few days prior to your preview. That’s what’s most important. If that shows up, you’re good.

If you never get that email, definitely print out that screenshot and take it, as it should have your confirmation number.

Reactions: Nick
I just feel like this is moving the goalposts a bit. Like it or not, the Snow Queen is a Scandinavian fairy tale.
So is The Little Mermaid. I do understand that Hans Christian Andersen is Danish, which is a Scandinavian country. I have also read The Snow Queen (required back in the day in middle school), and it really has nothing to do with Frozen other than "very loosely inspired by". In the story, The Snow Queen takes place in Russia, not Lapland like in Frozen, and The Snow Queen is much closer to what is seen in the The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe than Elsa.

It's just sad to see a park that had actual intellectual depth be neutered by crass commercialization.

Anyway, back to Future World with it's bionic racoon with a machine gun.

Last edited:
Someone said they may take up to 24 hours to arrive. I did get mine within 5 minutes though.

Our bonus park reservations should show up a few days prior to your preview. That’s what’s most important. If that shows up, you’re good.

If you never get that email, definitely print out that screenshot and take it, as it should have your confirmation number.
I'm probably gonna call the AP number tomorrow if I don't get one. I don't understand how this is still a problem for them in 2022.

Reactions: Alicia
So we have a big family trip in May and my SIL could only get passes for May 18th. There are going to be 14 of us there and could only get tickets for 5 people.. We are scheduled to go to Hollywood Studios that day so they said we would have to get park hoppers to go to this event or change our dates around. I was so looking forward to riding but it looks like we are probably going to pass. Do you think there is any chance we could ride on May 21st or day at Epcot? With either her vacation club pass or do you think there could be soft openings to the public?

So we have a big family trip in May and my SIL could only get passes for May 18th. There are going to be 14 of us there and could only get tickets for 5 people.. We are scheduled to go to Hollywood Studios that day so they said we would have to get park hoppers to go to this event or change our dates around. I was so looking forward to riding but it looks like we are probably going to pass. Do you think there is any chance we could ride on May 21st or day at Epcot? With either her vacation club pass or do you think there could be soft openings to the public?
I think the 21st is the last day of AP previews, although it is possible they open up more days for DVC as there was only two that they offered. I can see them maybe adding one, but I wouldn't count on it.

If there is softs for general public at all (which I doubt, they haven't done those since the one day of softs TSL had). Between CMs, APs, DVC, D23, Golden Oak, Club 33, etc, I think that will allow the opening team more than enough time to get used to operations for this ride. There will probably be a multiple days of a Disney Press Event in the days between when the last AP previews end and the ride opens anyway.

Reactions: jrn14
So is The Little Mermaid. I do understand that Hans Christian Andersen is Danish, which is a Scandinavian country. I have also read The Snow Queen (required back in the day in middle school), and it really has nothing to do with Frozen other than "very loosely inspired by". In the story, The Snow Queen takes place in Russia, not Lapland like in Frozen, and The Snow Queen is much closer to what is seen in the The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe than Elsa.

It's just sad to see a park that had actual intellectual depth be neutered by crass commercialization.

Anyway, back to Future World with it's bionic racoon with a machine gun.
Though not agreeing with Disney's Epcot direction, I do highly agree with replacing the snooze worthy Ellen with a bionic racoon wielding a machine gun. Big upgrade there. :lol:

So today they announced who the antagonist of the ride is gonna' be, one of the Celestials named Eson.

Apparently, Eson wants to "Right a wrong in a Big way."

I'm all for this. The Celestial arriving on Earth was one of the only cool scenes in the Eternals and the Guardians succeeding against extremely tilted odds is kinda their thing. Love it!

Now I just wish I had gotten an AP reservation...

Any word on what the set list will be for the ride? The music was one of the stronger aspects of GotG for me so I’m deathly curious what songs we’re using.

Love Roller Coaster is pretty much a guarantee being the player that song on the TV spot.

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95