Halloween at Universal Orlando 2020 | Page 76 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween at Universal Orlando 2020

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This may have already been discussed but are they tearing down unused houses? I'd assume not but I think it's weird to just keep them sitting there...

This may have already been discussed but are they tearing down unused houses? I'd assume not but I think it's weird to just keep them sitting there...
The current plan is for the houses to remain standing. It’s cheaper to just pay for a year of rental fees to production (yes, the parks have to rent out the soundstages for use since they’re owned by a different element of the larger conglomerate) than it is to tear down and rebuild.
MIB has to go I think, but not sure why they'd take down any others
MIB doesn’t HAVE to go down. It typically goes down because, I believe, they don’t actually own that tent.

The current plan is for the houses to remain standing. It’s cheaper to just pay for a year of rental fees to production (yes, the parks have to rent out the soundstages for use since they’re owned by a different element of the larger conglomerate) than it is to tear down and rebuild.

MIB doesn’t HAVE to go down. It typically goes down because, I believe, they don’t actually own that tent.

Can't imagine film production is very in demand rn

If Tooth Fairy and Brides have to go, my totally-not-biased-at-all predictions for what'll take their place next year:
  • The Thing
  • H.R. Bloodengutz Sequel

Please, no speculation at this time. Dear god... no speculation yet...

Can't imagine film production is very in demand rn

Please, no speculation at this time. Dear god... no speculation yet...
I speculate that Joe will be outside his mind by the time spec starts for next year.

There was no speculation that seemed to point to Hollywood having anything radically different (barring the Invisible Man on their spec map, a concept that I had no belief in Orlando trying and will hold onto that for Hollywood.)

Saw HHN now follows Ariana Grande on Twitter, bille ellish house canceled and grande house confirmed
I thought she was just known to be a big HHN fan, I swear I remember hearing stories of scareactors coming out of their booholes to realize they were scaring her and Mac Miller. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think she also basically shut down one of the AHS houses one year for a solo run or two.

I feel like if they don't bring the three houses back next year, it's a missed opportunity. All of them have even more potential without plexiglass, and I noticed (while watching through unauthorized walkthrough videos) that the BJ house had quite a bit of mannequins used, especially in the parts where multiple actors were supposed to be (this was probably done due to required social distancing with the actors). I also noticed while walking through Brides that a certain battle scene between a certain assistant and vampire didn't show said vampire. And with all the fans who weren't able to make it, scrapping them next year would be a big mistake, especially BJ.

I feel like if they don't bring the three houses back next year, it's a missed opportunity. All of them have even more potential without plexiglass, and I noticed (while watching through unauthorized walkthrough videos) that the BJ house had quite a bit of mannequins used, especially in the parts where multiple actors were supposed to be (this was probably done due to required social distancing with the actors). I also noticed while walking through Brides that a certain battle scene between a certain assistant and vampire didn't show said vampire. And with all the fans who weren't able to make it, scrapping them next year would be a big mistake, especially BJ.
You don't gotta worry about BJ.
But from what iv'e heard, Universal still doesn't know what they're doing with Bride and Tooth. However, they are definitely scrapping Ellish and putting an Original there is my guess, so they don't gotta worry about buying or obtaining the right to an IP, that is... if it isn't Universal's property...
But this is just stuff everyone is saying, I also feel that Bride and Tooth should come back tbh, them returning like this could legitimately change those houses without the Covid procedures for the better. That whole situation is how you determine the jobs of designers.

Reactions: SirAustin77