Halloween Horror Nights 2021 (USH) - News & Info | Page 14 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2021 (USH) - News & Info

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It's an available Halloween property that they can stretch to include Michael Myers. Expect a "Blood Brothers" semi-original treatment with the Season of the Witch branding and locations.
In a great way, it'll almost be like the H3 people would have wanted when the film came out. With that in mind, this is suddenly my most anticipated. Personally I never get sick of the main big slashers (Michael, Jason, Freddy, Chucky, Leatherface) at HHN, so I'm hoping they'll get to H20 one of these days since that's my favorite.

It was really awful for the actors, many of whom couldn't continue with normal sets. Masks were also distributed way too late to make a difference. Many got sick.
Was gonna say, I can't imagine how much it must've had to suck being stuck out there either completely outside exposed to it or in a maze with poor ventilation. Honestly pretty surprised universal didn't have a plan for that ready to go given how often there are fires down here.

Reactions: peasoupprincess
I'm not at all surprised people got sick. I'm not even exaggerating when I say we were in the park for less than half an hour before my friend felt sick. I can't imagine the actors and TM's being in it all night trying to work.

I don't see them adding Michael in any way into the Halloween 3 maze except for the trailer appearing on a tv screen. The film considered somewhat a classic yes and also to others a black sheep of the franchise, I'm sure the maze will do well but I don't see Michael coming back unless an anniversary of some kind but we've seen him multiple times mostly in Hollywood, I have no high expectations on this maze, it could be good or it could be eh, at least people get to say they've experienced Halloween 1 - 4 in Hollywood. As for Texas being just a realtered version of the original film in someway.

I don't see them adding Michael in any way into the Halloween 3 maze except for the trailer appearing on a tv screen. The film considered somewhat a classic yes and also to others a black sheep of the franchise, I'm sure the maze will do well but I don't see Michael coming back unless an anniversary of some kind but we've seen him multiple times mostly in Hollywood, I have no high expectations on this maze, it could be good or it could be eh, at least people get to say they've experienced Halloween 1 - 4 in Hollywood. As for Texas being just a realtered version of the original film in someway.
If MM isn’t in the maze, then it’s gonna be terrible

I'd see it. Hollywood has touched upon making albeit "Spin-off" mazes set within the franchises, notably with the second all but confirmed IP for USH's Halloween plans: Texas. I think that while Halloween 3 could have some unique kills, they would want to ensure it's a guaranteed success. And Michael is a big brand character still.

If MM isn’t in the maze, then it’s gonna be terrible
It wouldn't be terrible, the film has a fanbase and such that didn't care whether or not Michael was in the film or not but yeah there will be a mixed view on this maze for sure. Their only way of featuring Michael is just featuring the Halloween trailer seen in the bar scene, that's the only nod you'd probably get of Michael, I think they know that the film is a classic of its own and I like that they are going with it, why this late idk but it what it is and they own the film alongside Halloween II so it's sorta given as well for them to do it. They know they won't have access to any of the new films.

Reactions: deadbydawn
I'd see it. Hollywood has touched upon making albeit "Spin-off" mazes set within the franchises, notably with the second all but confirmed IP for USH's Halloween plans: Texas. I think that while Halloween 3 could have some unique kills, they would want to ensure it's a guaranteed success. And Michael is a big brand character still.
Texas is one to really elaborate on but also they use 1 and 2 loosely to make it work, although there's only so many times you can do it till it gets stale. Halloween is sorta in the same position, it would be the same maze, Halloween III's story was completely different from the other films, Tommy Lee Wallace and co. wanted it to be. When they killed off Michael they meant to kill him, there was no purpose for him to return in the franchise, he was just one character in one story of a couple that Carpenter wanted to make. As for 3 it has some good scenes to work with as well as kills but the scareactors are not gonna be as scary if they're just people with ken haircuts and suits lol. Michael yes is a big branded character but they would have to deal with many rights to do more Halloween films, the only reason why they had gotten to do Halloween II and now III is because Universal owns those films might as well take the advantage, Tranca owns the first film and fourth film, Miramax owns the latter's. So yes Michael is big branded but also at this point limited.

Last edited:
It wouldn't be terrible, the film has a fanbase and such that didn't care whether or not Michael was in the film or not but yeah there will be a mixed view on this maze for sure. Their only way of featuring Michael is just featuring the Halloween trailer seen in the bar scene, that's the only nod you'd probably get of Michael, I think they know that the film is a classic of its own and I like that they are going with it, why this late idk but it what it is and they own the film alongside Halloween II so it's sorta given as well for them to do it. They know they won't have access to any of the new films.

It will be just like any other maze fan reaction wise I'm sure, but Halloween III has had a resurgence the last handful of years. Personally, I've always been a fan and I would have really liked to see where Carpenter took a Halloween anthology series if he would have continued. I think they could easily add a Michael Myers actor in that bar scene just as a fun twist, but he's not needed.
Texas is one to really elaborate on but also they use 1 and 2 loosely to make it work, although there's only so many times you can do it till it gets stale. Halloween is sorta in the same position, it would be the same maze, Halloween III's story was completely different from the other films, Tommy Lee Wallace and co. wanted it to be. When they killed off Michael they meant to kill him, there was no purpose for him to return in the franchise, he was just one character in one story of a couple that Carpenter wanted to make. As for 3 it has some good scenes to work with as well as kills but the scareactors are not gonna be as scary if they're just people with ken haircuts and suits lol. Michael yes is a big branded character but they would have to deal with many rights to do more Halloween films, the only reason why they had gotten to do Halloween II and now III is because Universal owns those films might as well take the advantage, Tranca owns the first film and fourth film, Miramax owns the latter's. So yes Michael is big branded but also at this point limited.

They've done Halloween 4 in the past. They aren't really bound to just doing properties Universal owns.

Reactions: HorrorUnearthed
It will be just like any other maze fan reaction wise I'm sure, but Halloween III has had a resurgence the last handful of years. Personally, I've always been a fan and I would have really liked to see where Carpenter took a Halloween anthology series if he would have continued. I think they could easily add a Michael Myers actor in that bar scene just as a fun twist, but he's not needed.
Oh definitely, the film is a little fun little thing, I always look at it as just Season of the Witch nothing to do with the other Halloween films just in the same universe and nothing more and I agree, the concept that he had back then seemed to have been transformed into the Tales For A Halloween Night comic book that he had back a few years ago, interesting stories but I think the maze will be good for the fans of it, I'm sure it's just something they knew they could do since they have access to it.

I think just being honest they might not do HHN this year, and only have 3 mazes open during park hours like what Orlando did last year.

I think just being honest they might not do HHN this year, and only have 3 mazes open during park hours like what Orlando did last year.

I honestly think the chances of HHN 2020 happening with atleast half of 3/4's of the lineup makes absolute sense. If Knotts is beginning construction now on Knotts Scary Farm, and with TCM moving forward; it makes ample sense that Universal would want to move HHN forward.

Reactions: Freak
I know, but it could still might not happen if the pandemic continues even with vaccine, and Universal could still have 3 mazes open during park hours.

Honestly, I really hope they don't run a limited daytime setup and go with a full night lineup (excluding any massive swings in the pandemic). There's an intangible atmosphere that the darkness brings and having been to three different daytime Universal Halloween events now, it simply lacks the same level of magic. It seems like they are at least giving a full event some thought based on the construction.

Reactions: zto8411
I think it'd be really interesting if they somehow decided to do it both ways. Obviously this sounds costly for operations, but imagine if they did a socially distanced daytime event for those still paranoid about the whole thing and make it less scary, in a way. Then at night, those who are vaccinated or don't care can cram in like sardines.

I think it'd be really interesting if they somehow decided to do it both ways. Obviously this sounds costly for operations, but imagine if they did a socially distanced daytime event for those still paranoid about the whole thing and make it less scary, in a way. Then at night, those who are vaccinated or don't care can cram in like sardines.

If I recall correctly, the Orlando mazes when they were on during the day, were not dumed down. I'd assume it'd be no different in this case.

I know, but it could still might not happen if the pandemic continues even with vaccine, and Universal could still have 3 mazes open during park hours.

Given the route of vaccinations (even with the issues of J&J); I would assume it'd be fine by September comes. Worst case scenario. they could start the event in October like in the past.