Halloween Horror Nights 2023 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 19 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2023 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So if it’s a literal clue… pretty sure the only person in that picture who has been in anything horror-related is Patrick Ewing, who was in Exorcist III, so my guess is Exorcist III. That or we’re getting a Dream Team house, which would be great.
Also Patrick Ewing appears in a DREAM sequence in Exorcist III.

Exorcist III confirmed, can’t wait.

Ok this’ll probably be my last try. Shaq was excluded from the 1992 dream team. What was Shaq NOT excluded from? Scary Movie 4! Where he played ball with Dr. Phill and parodied a horror franchise that’s getting a new entry this year

Reactions: chris.g
Ok this’ll probably be my last try. Shaq was excluded from the 1992 dream team. What was Shaq NOT excluded from? Scary Movie 4! Where he played ball with Dr. Phill and parodied a horror franchise that’s getting a new entry this year

What does Shaq have to do wi-............oh.
So SAW's exclusive to us? Genuinely surprised Orlando didn't wanna play ball then on Billy
Of course. The one IP I didn't want to come to HHN this year. Well, Actually, I should say one of the two IPs I didn't want this year. I don't think any of us want Halloween again. :lol:

This does make a lot of sense why Orlando wouldn't want it and Hollywood would. Orlando's already done it twice and even the second time, I heard it was very similar to HHN 19's house because there isn't much new material to work with. Hollywood can get away with repeating IP houses unfortunately so the GP will eat it up.

Eh, I'm not too upset though. We have enough houses now to where that means that's one less house I gotta worry about on my repeat visits. It's going to be an improved version of 2017's house at best. I can almost guarantee it won't be anywhere near as good as 2009's.

Reactions: HydraGen2299
@Freak That admittedly makes me curious. Why would Hollywood specifically sought out getting SAW into place, if it wasn't a means of shoehorning something? Makes me genuinely curious why they wanted to take a crack out of it.

Maybe Murdy and Chris read the script for Saw X and wanted in? Saw X is a return to John Kramer as a character, and is a story set between Saw 1 and 2, with Amanda and Mark I believe in place. Maybe there's stuff in place that Murdy wants to do? Hoping it's not like a Killer Klowns scenario though.

___
If nothing else, I am willing to get this one wrong; but I was gonna bring up Terrifier 2 if Hydra may not of gotten it. Using the Exorcist 3 analogy a bit, Terrifier 2 actually has a full on dream sequence; much like The Exorcist 3 (but I think Hydra's got it in the bag).

Last edited:
What does Shaq have to do wi-............oh.

Of course. The one IP I didn't want to come to HHN this year. Well, Actually, I should say one of the two IPs I didn't want this year. I don't think any of us want Halloween again. :lol:

This does make a lot of sense why Orlando wouldn't want it and Hollywood would. Orlando's already done it twice and even the second time, I heard it was very similar to HHN 19's house because there isn't much new material to work with. Hollywood can get away with repeating IP houses unfortunately so the GP will eat it up.

Eh, I'm not too upset though. We have enough houses now to where that means that's one less house I gotta worry about on my repeat visits. It's going to be an improved version of 2017's house at best. I can almost guarantee it won't be anywhere near as good as 2009's.
The GP is exactly why Hollywood wants SAW back. Hollywood always has an extra IP (last year's being KKFOS) that they can throw together quickly to advertise the event more. I'm not too thrilled about this either, but I guess anything could be an improvement over the last one.

Erm…. I guess i got it right?…..I didn’t wanna be right though. I mean IVE never been in a Saw house so this would be my first time. I don’t really have an attachment to that IP I’ve never seen the movies. My only real connection to the IP is Scary Movie 4 and other parodies. I mean im sure the merch would look cool. If they do a retro cup I’ll definitely add that to my collection

I’m personally “meh” with SAW but at least it’s not Halloween again. I was hoping that it would be Evil Dead Rise again, but oh well maybe next time.

So far the only thing I’m excited for the speculated lineup is The Last of Us. I’m still a bit bitter about a Dawn FM though, but hey maybe when Abel releases his next album (If it still follows horror).

I’m personally “meh” with SAW but at least it’s not Halloween again. I was hoping that it would be Evil Dead Rise again, but oh well maybe next time.

So far the only thing I’m excited for the speculated lineup is The Last of Us. I’m still a bit bitter about a Dawn FM though, but hey maybe when Abel releases his next album (If it still follows horror).
I would not have minded a Dawn FM version of the house, but I'm glad that a Metallica house is a possibility. Being one whose music tastes leans towards metal, I'm happy.

The Weeknd changed the game (For the better) with music-based houses. The last actually good music house was Welcome to My Nightmare many years ago. Every music house that has proceeded that up until last year has been a lazy 3D house, which made me not excited for any possibilities of a music house. Now that's changed.

I'm wondering (And hoping) if they will make an actual story for the supposed Metallica house.

I would not have minded a Dawn FM version of the house, but I'm glad that a Metallica house is a possibility. Being one whose music tastes leans towards metal, I'm happy.

The Weeknd changed the game (For the better) with music-based houses. The last actually good music house was Welcome to My Nightmare many years ago. Every music house that has proceeded that up until last year has been a lazy 3D house, which made me not excited for any possibilities of a music house. Now that's changed.

I'm wondering (And hoping) if they will make an actual story for the supposed Metallica house.
Oh don’t get me wrong, I’m glad the possibility of Metallica is happening. Love the band, and I’ve always wanted to see it happen as a maze, as I feel it’s the band that deserves the maze.

Now admittedly I’m a sucker for The Weeknd’s music, and with how much I enjoyed AHN, I wanted to see them continue the story with Dawn FM. Personally I thought it was a mistake using those songs in an After Hours focused maze, as they could’ve added a few more After Hours songs instead of using Dawn FM so that it would open up the possibility of a sequel.

I gotta ask though, was The Weeknd always meant to be a one-time thing, or was a sequel possible if it did VERY well? And did anyone know what Abel thought of the maze?

Oh don’t get me wrong, I’m glad the possibility of Metallica is happening. Love the band, and I’ve always wanted to see it happen as a maze, as I feel it’s the band that deserves the maze.

Now admittedly I’m a sucker for The Weeknd’s music, and with how much I enjoyed AHN, I wanted to see them continue the story with Dawn FM. Personally I thought it was a mistake using those songs in an After Hours focused maze, as they could’ve added a few more After Hours songs instead of using Dawn FM so that it would open up the possibility of a sequel.

I gotta ask though, was The Weeknd always meant to be a one-time thing, or was a sequel possible if it did VERY well? And did anyone know what Abel thought of the maze?
Someone in the Orlando forum said that the use of Dawn FM songs was kind of a "soft deconfirm", which makes sense unfortunately. I don't think Abel said anything about the maze, but there were some videos on twitter of him and John Murdy walking around the park and talking which was cool to see.

I think it more than qualifies for a sequel house, it brought so many people who didn't know what HHN was to the event. So much so that every night in October was sold out days in advanced. Until the dawn comes, we'll see...

The GP is exactly why Hollywood wants SAW back. Hollywood always has an extra IP (last year's being KKFOS) that they can throw together quickly to advertise the event more. I'm not too thrilled about this either, but I guess anything could be an improvement over the last one.
Bold to assume it wont be a direct clone of 2017 with a new scene at the end lol
As much as I'd like to believe this will be a total overhaul of the Saw formula, just hearing the prospect of Saw coming back at all pangs this ominous sense that it's gonna be this year's crowd pleaser clone IP with minimal alterations and subtitle removed, like Halloween last year and Texas Chainsaw the year before.

EDIT: just realized, with the potential of Saw, Insidious, Chucky, and Evil Dead sharing a year again, does that make this a 2017 reunion? :lol:

Last edited:
I loved 2017 SAW maze and I’m always gonna defend it no matter what. I don’t want a sequel to The Weeknd house. It was creative but not scary and most importantly, it brought non-haunt fans to the event which irritated me. The lines were so damn long. I’m down for a heavy metal house. I really just want the event to be promoted for the hardcore fans even though GP made the event make a lot of money last year.

Bold to assume it wont be a direct clone of 2017 with a new scene at the end lol
As much as I'd like to believe this will be a total overhaul of the Saw formula, just hearing the prospect of Saw coming back at all pangs this ominous sense that it's gonna be this year's crowd pleaser clone IP with minimal alterations and subtitle removed, like Halloween last year and Texas Chainsaw the year before.

EDIT: just realized, with the potential of Saw, Insidious, Chucky, and Evil Dead sharing a year again, does that make this a 2017 reunion? :lol:
Honestly the 2017 saw maze wasnt too bad, if it got the halloween 4 treatment to fix a few things i think it could be pretty good.
Side note on 2017: This is me MANIFESTING doctor sleep to complete the ip reunion

Honestly the 2017 saw maze wasnt too bad, if it got the halloween 4 treatment to fix a few things i think it could be pretty good.
I can respect that, though IMO Saw mazes just seem kinda conceptually flawed to me as they've been doing them.
Personally if they're ever gonna do it again, I really hope they focus more on the scenic aspects and effects to make it feel more claustrophobic and more like you yourself are in the trap, rather that coming off more as a passive observer to everything happening. 2017 almost hit that feeling near the end with the buzzsaws coming out of the walls, but otherwise it really was just walking next to the action rather than feeling like part of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.