Halloween Horror Nights 2023 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 20 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2023 (USH) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can respect that, though IMO Saw mazes just seem kinda conceptually flawed to me as they've been doing them.
Personally if they're ever gonna do it again, I really hope they focus more on the scenic aspects and effects to make it feel more claustrophobic and more like you yourself are in the trap, rather that coming off more as a passive observer to everything happening. 2017 almost hit that feeling near the end with the buzzsaws coming out of the walls, but otherwise it really was just walking next to the action rather than feeling like part of it.

Feels like there might be logistical challenges with Saw too. You kind of have to devote a significant portion of your actors to filling out the traps in a Saw maze, since those are the star of the show. Leaves you with fewer actors to actually do the scares.

Not sure if anyone is interested but there’s a pretty cool scream walk through going on in Santa Monica this weekend and next weekend.

Not sure if anyone is interested but there’s a pretty cool scream walk through going on in Santa Monica this weekend and next weekend.

It's very short and pretty low quality tbh, I wouldn't recommend driving across town for it honestly. There's only one haunted house-esque room and it's a worse version of the halloween hhn house finale with only one scareactor.

They need to let Universal just do Scream whether that be with the fees or the original.

It's very short and pretty low quality tbh, I wouldn't recommend driving across town for it honestly. There's only one haunted house-esque room and it's a worse version of the halloween hhn house finale with only one scareactor.

They need to let Universal just do Scream whether that be with the fees or the original.
Gives the same vibes as the two IT experiences back when those were coming out. Doesn't look fantastic, but I guess it makes sense financially though, giving a probably relatively small budget to a much smaller design team that isnt gonna take a significant cut is easier than negotiating rights with another huge corporation thats gonna get a cut and promotion from your IP.

I think im finally on the Scream is never happening train guys. That and the Conjuring will always be the greatest houses that never were.
Unfortunately it's really seeming that way. Somewhere out in the multiverse theres a year with Scream, Conjuring, Hellraser, H2018, Beetlejuice and The Thing sharing an event, but that reality is one I doubt we'll ever see even in part.

Reactions: Freak and chris.g
Unfortunately it's really seeming that way. Somewhere out in the multiverse theres a year with Scream, Conjuring, Hellraser, H2018, Beetlejuice and The Thing sharing an event, but that reality is one I doubt we'll ever see even in part.
Was Bettlejuice supposed to be where Exorcist was in 2021? I'm still salty about Orlando getting it and not us.

Still bummed about missing out on a Eilish maze..
Eilish seemed like it could've been cool, but I think Halloween 3 will always land harder for me based on just how close it was, and the fact that the screw up was so bad we'll genuinely never get the chance to see it.
Somehow losing Eilish because of the timeframe preventing re-use doesn't quite hit that hard.

2021 had some high points with Hill House, Bride, and (yet another take on) Texas Chainsaw Massacre, but yeah, the lineup was overall pretty underwhelming.

With that said... this is the 2023 spec thread.

The folks at HNN (Horror Night Nightmares) Discord figured out Legacy's two clues!

What was originally planned--but has now been seemingly scrapped, we would've gotten Hollywood Harry to get a house! But the one that he released recently, is still going on...and it's NIGHTINGALESSSS
Woah, I’m no Orlando goer myself, but I heard that it’s one of the best houses of HHN Orlando of all time? How did the clue process go that lead to the answer?

I’m a bit surprised to that Harry got scrapped, but at the same time, thank god, because I’m so over Harry and clowns. Does anyone know what led to that being scrapped?

Status
Not open for further replies.