Halloween Horror Nights 2023 (USH) - Tips, Tricks, & Planning | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2023 (USH) - Tips, Tricks, & Planning

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
After trying out Orlando's event for the first time last year, I've decided to give Hollywood's version a try this time. I've been trying to plan things out and I'm wondering if it's feasible to try and hit every house in one night without express. We're going on a Sunday in late September, and we all purchased early entry. I don't feel the need to spend a lot of time in the scare zones or see the shows, but I may try to do the Terror Tram. Any suggestions?

I think it's going to be tough. Expect very, very long lines as the night goes on (2 hours or more is not unusual for the big hitters).

Also keep in mind that the Terror Tram often closes earlier due to noise concerns (usually by 11pm or earlier), so be aware of that and get it done earlier. If you've never done it before, it's honestly not necessarily the best for scares, but it is a very unique experience and fun to walk around real sets. And the Jupiter's Claim/Us section is super cool, walk as slow as possible so you get see as much as possible.

Reactions: Freak and mccgavin
You definitely won’t be able to get them all done in one night without express. Not unless you really hustle and plan everything down to a “T” while hoping there aren’t any unforeseen complications. And that’s not a fun way to experience the event.

HHN only gets more and more popular as the years go on, and USH has not done anything to address capacity issues. I don’t anticipate that changing any time soon. Too much profit to be had!

So I have another question about RIP!

When is the earliest I can use my RIP privileges? More specifically, when is the earliest I can utilize the valet parking? I am a Gold passholder, so I'm hoping to enter the park beforehand but can I show them my RIP ticket to claim my credentials around, say 1PM or 2PM?

So I have another question about RIP!

When is the earliest I can use my RIP privileges? More specifically, when is the earliest I can utilize the valet parking? I am a Gold passholder, so I'm hoping to enter the park beforehand but can I show them my RIP ticket to claim my credentials around, say 1PM or 2PM?
Check in starts at 5pm for RIP tours and after you check in you can use your RIP privileges even before your RIP TOUR.

Ah okay. So if I wanted to utilize valet it would have to be around 5?

Nah people who have 5:00 tours are supposed to get there at 4:30. I think if you show a same day RIP ticket you’ll be able to get the valet without issue.

My understanding is you can start checking in and getting your credentials in the 4:30-5 range.

Nah people who have 5:00 tours are supposed to get there at 4:30. I think if you show a same day RIP ticket you’ll be able to get the valet without issue.

My understanding is you can start checking in and getting your credentials in the 4:30-5 range.
Oh gotchya. So my tour is at 7:30. So I can get my credentials starting at 4:30 at the earliest or would I have to check in 30 min before my slot?

Do we know what mazes will be open for early entry yet, or is that still something that hasn't been announced?
Hasn't been announced, but I honestly would expect them to do roughly the same schedule as before, ie something like; ST4 5:30, Last of Us and Exorcist 6. Outside of that I guess it depends whether or not they progressively open the others after that point or if everyones coralled down in the lower lot until 7 pm. If they do, expect Tram and the Curious George lot mazes to open some time around 6:30-6:45.

Hasn't been announced, but I honestly would expect them to do roughly the same schedule as before, ie something like; ST4 5:30, Last of Us and Exorcist 6. Outside of that I guess it depends whether or not they progressively open the others after that point or if everyones coralled down in the lower lot until 7 pm. If they do, expect Tram and the Curious George lot mazes to open some time around 6:30-6:45.
This is also why I go the second weekend most events

I want to know these things and HHN almost never does well with the details on stuff like this

I'll be going opening night here in Hollywood. Can't believe it's almost here. Then we'll be in Orlando again this year -- much earlier in the season this time, hoping to have a better experience than last year when we went in late October.

Now trying to figure out an additional visit to Hollywood in mid-October. Probably do unlimited express? Not sure I need another RIP but I still wanna try and do as many repeat runs as possible (not doing FFP).

The whole upcharge on Early Entry really soured my buds and got me to just splurge on Express. On one hand, I'm glad I don't have to worry about these details anymore. On the other hand, before I was fighting the battles to pay GA and get everything done in one night (which I was doing great with), but in the end, that EE upcharge sealed the deal on Universal's side and helped them win the war to convert me.

I felt like that was the one shining savior I had to really put this event over many others, especially as a free perk. And while it is still half the price of Express, I still just can't justify that price considering the rise in GA ticket prices already. Literally, when I started going to this event, you could get in for under $30 and FOTL was $100. Early Entry felt like a fun party and perk for the big fans who cared enough to read the fine print or just wanted to show up early. Now it's just capitalizing on us.

Fine, take my money, you win, but at least I get to benefit with no lines as well.

The whole upcharge on Early Entry really soured my buds and got me to just splurge on Express. On one hand, I'm glad I don't have to worry about these details anymore. On the other hand, before I was fighting the battles to pay GA and get everything done in one night (which I was doing great with), but in the end, that EE upcharge sealed the deal on Universal's side and helped them win the war to convert me.

I felt like that was the one shining savior I had to really put this event over many others, especially as a free perk. And while it is still half the price of Express, I still just can't justify that price considering the rise in GA ticket prices already. Literally, when I started going to this event, you could get in for under $30 and FOTL was $100. Early Entry felt like a fun party and perk for the big fans who cared enough to read the fine print or just wanted to show up early. Now it's just capitalizing on us.

Fine, take my money, you win, but at least I get to benefit with no lines as well.
This is a big reason I decided to opt for RIP. If I’m gonna spend big bucks to do everything comfortably, might as well go all in and try something new. At least I get an all-you-can-eat dinner!

Express/Express Unlimited are selling out like crazy for September... :neutral:
Yeah, this year is going to be insane. So many IP's and mazes that cater to different people. Thank goodness we have two shows this year to hopefully eat up some of the people