Halloween Horror Nights 2023 (USH) - Tips, Tricks, & Planning | Page 10 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2023 (USH) - Tips, Tricks, & Planning

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Agreed, though I think it's interesting (and perhaps telling) that opening night (and the accompanying early entry passes) have yet to sell out.
I would laugh and be so happy if Early Access lines were basically walk on this year...I doubt it but will dream

I would laugh and be so happy if Early Access lines were basically walk on this year...I doubt it but will dream
I was really hoping that their sudden selling out meant they were drastically limiting capacity, same with express since those sold out so fast too, but now that Early Access has been restocked im not too sure lol.
makes me worry all my good will that they were trying to really nail down capacity and flow through on EA, Express, and VQ, i'm not so sure now.

Reactions: Jerroddragon
In prior years, opening weekend was always tough to get all the mazes done without Express -- however, I would MAYBE miss ONE at most. Keep in mind, I always did like a 45-60 minute dinner so my friends don't complain, so if you could swing not doing a dinner, you'd be fine. The weekends after opening, honestly, were much easier. It's the hardcore fans of the opening weekend that create swells because they know the secrets that make seeing the event a bit harder. Other weekends, droves of people aren't even showing up until 8-9pm.

This year, with two shows, I can't imagine being able to see everything. If I were GA this year, I'd prioritize everything but Holidayz and maybe the Blumhouse show. Everything else I imagine should be fairly attainable with Early Access.

Just stick to a solid game plan, skip as many stops as possible, don't do any rides. Another trick is feel free to come back to an area later if the line has swelled up (you can do this only ONCE, backtracking more than that will make you waste more time). Last year, on my second go, I realized doing Weeknd first was a trap and I instead switched it to last. Made everything way easier. Yes, going down to the lower lot twice sucks, but getting everything done - and done EARLY at that - is a godsend.

On to other things, anyone know the Purge showtimes? Would love to know ahead of time.

In prior years, opening weekend was always tough to get all the mazes done without Express -- however, I would MAYBE miss ONE at most. Keep in mind, I always did like a 45-60 minute dinner so my friends don't complain, so if you could swing not doing a dinner, you'd be fine. The weekends after opening, honestly, were much easier. It's the hardcore fans of the opening weekend that create swells because they know the secrets that make seeing the event a bit harder. Other weekends, droves of people aren't even showing up until 8-9pm.

This year, with two shows, I can't imagine being able to see everything. If I were GA this year, I'd prioritize everything but Holidayz and maybe the Blumhouse show. Everything else I imagine should be fairly attainable with Early Access.

Just stick to a solid game plan, skip as many stops as possible, don't do any rides. Another trick is feel free to come back to an area later if the line has swelled up. Last year, on my second go, I realized doing Weeknd first was a trap and I instead switched it to last. Made everything way easier. Yes, going down to the lower lot twice sucks, but getting everything done - and done EARLY at that - is a godsend.
I remember back in our HNN days like a decade ago that the gameplans would always work opening night thru closing. These days it seems like a lot more folks are privy to that plan and it backfires… but also doesn’t really leave any Plan B option to still hit everything in one night.

I remember 2019 was the only year where I got everything done WITHOUT express, but that was because of early entry. It was on October 20th let it be known. Funny enough, I did what @DTH did, and saved Stranger Things last, and was able to knock it luckily at 1:50.

Despite how I feel about repeat mazes, they’re kind of a blessing in disguise. I can just skip them and focus on the newer ones, saving me some time.

This year might be difficult and I don’t have that kind of money for express, as Holidayz is the only repeat unlike last year with Halloween and Klowns.

Funny that back in the early days of HHN, I would literally get so mad about a repeat coming to HHN. Now that we no longer have to deal with the House of Horrors overlays and the event has grown so much now, I actually don’t mind one repeat. That means there’s one less house I have to worry about on repeat visits. Would be nice if they changed some things though.

Funny that back in the early days of HHN, I would literally get so mad about a repeat coming to HHN. Now that we no longer have to deal with the House of Horrors overlays and the event has grown so much now, I actually don’t mind one repeat. That means there’s one less house I have to worry about on repeat visits. Would be nice if they changed some things though.
I'm kinda of two minds about it. On one hand, I really wish the budget put towards repeats was spread elsewhere, like scarezones desperately need the boost and have for the longest time. On the other hand, most of the stuff in the maze was already fabricated and designed previously, so unless they kept the costumes and masks, most of whatever budget there was probably went to remaking those, and paying for the construction. On top of that, a repeat has a whole queue of its own to eat people up and divert them from the new stuff, so i can't really complain about that either.
When it comes down to like a few thousand extra dollars being thrown at scarezones vs a few thousand more people now being in those scarezones and in the lines, thats a real hard choice.

excited finding nemo GIF

• Love
Reactions: Jerroddragon
Are there any laws preventing the event going to like…say…3 or 4am? Would love an ultimate night once a year or something.

The neighbors might object more than they already do. Performers and other seasonal employees would also need to be paid significant overtime, which the company goes out of its way to avoid doing.