Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021) | Page 151 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Zero people outside Horror movie freaks know what the hell Halloween 3 is dudes.

Zero people outside of Horror movie freaks knew who the Killer Klowns were before 2018. Then, they did a zone and a house around them.

Just because a property is niche, doesn’t mean that it’s useless at the event.

Remember, they want to have something for everyone. H3 will get a ton of horror nerds psyched for the event. Myself included.

Honestly, who knows what they'll do with Halloween 3. I'm just happy to get it, and if they wanna throw in a few Michaels I won't mind.

Anyways, are we confident they're doing H3 in Orlando? I thought that that Twitter post just said that H3 could be an alternative to Creepshow for the Shrek Building Zone, I'm not too sure on the reliability of this rumor. (though if it turns out to be correct, god knows I won't complain lol)

Reactions: SeventyOne
Zero people outside of Horror movie freaks knew who the Killer Klowns were before 2018. Then, they did a zone and a house around them.

Remember, they want to have something for everyone. H3 will get a ton of horror nerds psyched for the event. Myself included.

While I agree, it's not like it was IT: Killer Klowns and then people wonder where Pennywise is. I think H3 would be a cool property to do but Michale is the elephant/masked man in the room with guest expectations.

While I agree, it's not like it was IT: Killer Klowns and then people wonder where Pennywise is. I think H3 would be a cool property to do but Michale is the elephant/masked man in the room with guest expectations.
Good point. The title of "Halloween" brings with it the expectation of Michael Myers. As fans of horror, we won't be disappointed cuz we know what to expect but to a general audience who only really cares about horror around Halloween? It may be a little disappointing. Idk if the general population would go out of their way to complain about it but the house would probably get some negative traction on surveys due to people not understanding it and wondering where the Man is.

Big difference is that if I see something called, “Killer Klowns from Outer Space,” and I know nothing about the IP, I can assume it will involve killer clowns. That’s what guests expect to see and that’s what they get. I don’t need to know what it is because it’s exactly what it is. In a similar way, Trick R Treat is about weird stuff happening at Halloween, Krampus is about Krampus, etc.

Use the term “Halloween” in context of an IP and there is an immediate expectation for Michael. Especially when it’s the sequel in a series of movies that feature Michael. However, in the case of Season of the Witch, that expectation is misplaced. It would be like announcing Arachnophobia and the house featuring nothing but werewolves. Guests would feel misled.

Halloween 4 was at 28 to have Michael the same year Halloween 2018 came out. I see no reason at all why they would break the streak of a Halloween house every 2 years (24,26,28, and possibly 30) and not use Michael. Especially since Halloween kills releases this year and so far HHN 30 doesn't have a "Synergy house"

Personally, if it does happen I expect it to be more of an original house with an original story set somewhere in Halloween 3. Who knows maybe Haddonfield opened up a smaller silver shamrock factory somewhere

Zero people outside Horror movie freaks know what the hell Halloween 3 is dudes.

Honestly, who knows what they'll do with Halloween 3. I'm just happy to get it, and if they wanna throw in a few Michaels I won't mind.

Anyways, are we confident they're doing H3 in Orlando? I thought that that Twitter post just said that H3 could be an alternative to Creepshow for the Shrek Building Zone, I'm not too sure on the reliability of this rumor. (though if it turns out to be correct, god knows I won't complain lol)

They should have just made the Halloween House based on Rob Zombie's halloween lol. I dont know about the rights, but Having the Name Rob Zombie and Halloween would have made the public excited.

it actually makes no sense to based the movie on halloween 3.
nobody watched it, it never really plays on tv, and only hardcore fans like it. it actually doesnt make much sense. besides the villains are just gonna resemble the Men In Black....character wise is not even that strong. just a bunch of men in suits, it barely works as a house lol....

They should have just made the Halloween House based on Rob Zombie's halloween lol. I dont know about the rights, but Having the Name Rob Zombie and Halloween would have made the public excited.

it actually makes no sense to based the movie on halloween 3.
nobody watched it, it never really plays on tv, and only hardcore fans like it. it actually doesnt make much sense. besides the villains are just gonna resemble the Men In Black....character wise is not even that strong. just a bunch of men in suits, it barely works as a house lol....

Universal can no longer license the original Halloween, Rob Zombie's Halloween (or its sequels), or the Blumhouse Halloween (or its sequels). I think Halloween II is fair game, but the waters are murky there, too.

Universal can no longer license the original Halloween, Rob Zombie's Halloween (or its sequels), or the Blumhouse Halloween (or its sequels). I think Halloween II is fair game, but the waters are murky there, too.

yeah i understand, too bad.

Kinda blowing my mind how few are aware of the Halloween III masks or Silver Shamrock song. That being said, I really hope we're getting the Creepshow maze instead. I love how there's so much to choose from throughout the movies and tv series! You could from outer space to WWII and it would work! That was part of the coolest aspects of Slaughter Sinema and also Demented Dimensions at Busch Gardens!

While I agree the masks are probably recognizable only to hard core horror fans of a certain age, that doesn't mean they can't still be "iconic." They purposefully embody the scariness of Halloween the holiday on an almost primal level. They're still striking. Like Bill & Ted, I could see the HHN version of the IP attracting fans buying up merch who never even heard of the original movie.

As for the name, I agree with just using the subtitle. The limited cult audience who love the movie is instantly going to recognize "Season of the Witch." Play the Donovan song over the entrance, it will reinforce the name, no need to bring up the Halloween franchise at all. Even "Halloween: Season of the Witch" would likely sound generic enough to dissuade expectations of Michael Myers.

Fun fact for everyone debating/discussing the recognition value of H3 (and Creepshow - albeit this is the OG Creepshow):

Halloween III grossed a total of $14,400,000 in the United States. Several other horror films that premiered in 1982 performed far better, including Poltergeist ($76,606,280), Friday the 13th Part III ($34,581,519), and Creepshow ($21,028,755).

Also, it's nice to have actual relevant discussion flowing again :lol:

Ikr. It honestly shocks me that some people on here do not know what the Silver Shamrock jingle is or the designs of the masks.
HHN fans often forget just how niche their passion is. Even through the horror genre is probably more popular than ever, older stuff is not typically sought after by general audiences. Unless you’re explicitly a horror movie fan, you’re unlikely to know a lot of older horror movies.

As a huge Halloween III fan, I will be gravely disappointed if they shoehorn Michael in for more than a cameo. I'd rather them make a Halloween H2O house or a Halloween Resurrection house if they're so intent on including Michael.
They may not have access to those. Dimension is Miramax right?

Reactions: SeventyOne
Status
Not open for further replies.