Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021) | Page 152 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As a huge Halloween III fan, I will be gravely disappointed if they shoehorn Michael in for more than a cameo. I'd rather them make a Halloween H2O house or a Halloween Resurrection house if they're so intent on including Michael.
Halloween resurrection would be my pick, mainly because I think it would be hilarious to see a scare actor replicate the karate kick that busta rhymes does to Michael Myers.

I personally think that you can't do a H3 house at HHN without including Michael in some way. I dont think HHN would be willing to alienate the GP just for the horror niche. I think that they will definitely include Michael Meyers.

Someone mentioned the idea of a Michael Meyers x Season of the witch original storyline; where one of the masks steals Michael's kill and he goes on a revenge rampage. I really like that idea and think its a smart way of implementing Meyers into the story. I dont want it to be a show and tell of the movie.

Reactions: Living Dead Dude
Fun fact for everyone debating/discussing the recognition value of H3 (and Creepshow - albeit this is the OG Creepshow):

Also, it's nice to have actual relevant discussion flowing again :lol:

There's a reason they said "maybe we just resurrect Michael Myers" for the fourth one. Though, anecdotally, while it's still ultra-niche it feels like history has been kind to H3. Has fairly risen to the level of "cult classic." The earworm Silver Shamrock song probably helped it, as well as being novel given that they made 8 more Myers films after it.

I always thought it would be cool if silver shamrock made Micheal Myers masks since the film trailer was in the movie and the ending of the film with the masks could be micheals “death” for the house maybe he’s on a rampage with his H4 bandages until he finds a duplicate mask and then the mask could damage his face more so when H4 does start it could always be said that the mask and ad causes the damage rather then the fire from H2

Reactions: londonwerecat
Whether or not they have Michael Myers or not in H3, I'm still gonna love the hell outta that house lol. I honestly can't decide whether or not I'd prefer Michael Myers to be in the house or not, but I just know that whatever they end up doing (if they're even doing H3 at all), that they'll probably do the film justice. But also, there is no way they get out of this without disappointing some people. Either they include Mike and annoy the people that want an H3 house to be true to the film or they don't include Mike and annoy people that expected him to be in a Halloween house. Best solution would be to simply title it "Season of the Witch," no reference to it being Halloween, and not include Mike.

Whether or not they have Michael Myers or not in H3, I'm still gonna love the hell outta that house lol. I honestly can't decide whether or not I'd prefer Michael Myers to be in the house or not, but I just know that whatever they end up doing (if they're even doing H3 at all), that they'll probably do the film justice. But also, there is no way they get out of this without disappointing some people. Either they include Mike and annoy the people that want an H3 house to be true to the film or they don't include Mike and annoy people that expected him to be in a Halloween house. Best solution would be to simply title it "Season of the Witch," no reference to it being Halloween, and not include Mike.
If I had to guess, I'd say they'd put him in one spot to quiet the whiners. After all, they had trick or treaters wearing the masks in the 2014 maze.

Kinda blowing my mind how few are aware of the Halloween III masks or Silver Shamrock song. That being said, I really hope we're getting the Creepshow maze instead. I love how there's so much to choose from throughout the movies and tv series! You could from outer space to WWII and it would work! That was part of the coolest aspects of Slaughter Sinema and also Demented Dimensions at Busch Gardens!

While I agree the masks are probably recognizable only to hard core horror fans of a certain age, that doesn't mean they can't still be "iconic." They purposefully embody the scariness of Halloween the holiday on an almost primal level. They're still striking. Like Bill & Ted, I could see the HHN version of the IP attracting fans buying up merch who never even heard of the original movie.

As for the name, I agree with just using the subtitle. The limited cult audience who love the movie is instantly going to recognize "Season of the Witch." Play the Donovan song over the entrance, it will reinforce the name, no need to bring up the Halloween franchise at all. Even "Halloween: Season of the Witch" would likely sound generic enough to dissuade expectations of Michael Myers.

as iconic as the 3 maskscan be, they would technically just appear in one room or two. if they actually follow the movie.
if they dont add michael everywhere, it would just be those men in black guys.

if that's the case. I prefer Michael everywhere

If people are so dumb that they haven’t realized in the 30 years since H3 came out that mike ain’t in it that’s on them. Good lord.

Reactions: RevFreako
There’s also people that are not that into the movies so they probably don’t care, Halloween movies=Michael Myers.
Honestly, that's still on them - or at least, not Universal's problem. H3, assuming it comes, would be at or near the bottom of the IP totem pole in this lineup. I don't think "We didn't see Kirk Mask" would really bounce the needle in terms of guest satisfaction.

Honestly, that's still on them - or at least, not Universal's problem. H3, assuming it comes, would be at or near the bottom of the IP totem pole in this lineup. I don't think "We didn't see Kirk Mask" would really bounce the needle in terms of guest satisfaction.
This is true. I feel like it may draw some complaints, but I feel like there is a dozen ways Universal can go about this to make everybody (or at least most people) happy. Have one MM scare at the end, rename the house, make a mashup, etc. In the grand scheme of things though, not having MM in a last minute house mixed in with the rest of this year's strong lineup won't affect guest satisfaction at all other than maybe a "This was a fun event but if there's one thing I noticed, it's that your Halloween house had no Michael Myers. That was weird."

Reactions: RevFreako
If people are so dumb that they haven’t realized in the 30 years since H3 came out that mike ain’t in it that’s on them. Good lord.

Y'all need to get out of your fandom bubbles. Until HDTGM did an episode on H3 I didn't know it either.

*edit*

Universal could totally use it and I'd be game to see it. But they have to manage guest expectations of seeing one of the most iconic horror villains.

Y'all need to get out of your fandom bubbles. Until HDTGM did an episode on H3 I didn't know it either.
I didn't know about it until I saw the Kill Count on YouTube. And this was after 3 years of being super invested in the horror genre. I feel like not many people except those in love with horror really remember or even know about H3.

Reactions: CoopF22 and Legacy

I don’t think we should expect anyone to do any homework assignments before going to HHN, if you know what H3 is then that’s cool. Just cause a lot of us here are into horror movies, doesn’t necessarily mean everyone attending HHN is too. It seems to me most people are there just to have a good time. If people don’t know what H3 is, that’s cool too.

It would if you had to wait in a really long line for it.

Reactions: Lucky Planet
It would if you had to wait in a really long line for it.
Again, it's at the bottom of IPs for the year. I wouldn't expect that to be a concern.

I don’t think we should expect anyone to do any homework assignments before going to HHN, if you know what H3 is then that’s cool. Just cause a lot of us here are into horror movies, doesn’t necessarily mean everyone attending HHN is too. It seems to me most people are there just to have a good time. If people don’t know what H3 is, that’s cool too.

We're in the same book, I think, if not exactly on the same page. I don't mean it's on them in a "fault" sort of way, more that if they don't see MM and feel inclined to lodge a complaint, that'd be a "them" problem and not so much a "Universal" problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.