Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021) | Page 338 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sucks that they didn’t do multi night pass holder tickets this year.

To be fair, they only did them on RoF and FFP in 2019, not FFP+ and UFFP. It was a very small discount already.

In 2019, RoF w/Express was only $20 off and FFP w/Express was $15 off for Passholders. They were already in the process of phasing them out.

Multi-night tickets are a great deal, regardless. People on Twitter and Reddit are complaining about price increases. I'm not sure how you can be upset because a FFP+ is no longer cheaper than any combination of a Thursday and Friday single-night. It covers 35 nights. The break-even shouldn't be at 2 nights. The demand is rising and they only have so much capacity in the parks, especially in the current climate. I actually think they were too cheap before, FWIW.

To be fair, they only did them on RoF and FFP in 2019, not FFP+ and UFFP. It was a very small discount already.

In 2019, RoF w/Express was only $20 off and FFP w/Express was $15 off for Passholders. They were already in the process of phasing them out.

Multi-night tickets are a great deal, regardless. People on Twitter and Reddit are complaining about price increases. I'm not sure how you can be upset because a FFP+ is no longer cheaper than any combination of a Thursday and Friday single-night. It covers 35 nights. The break-even shouldn't be at 2 nights. The demand is rising and they only have so much capacity in the parks, especially in the current climate. I actually think they were too cheap before, FWIW.

$129 for 16 nights is still a great deal. 26 days for $159 is even better.

$129 for 16 nights is still a great deal. 26 days for $159 is even better.

100% could not agree more. People can debate the relative merits of the single-night ticket cost all they want (again, demand + capacity is my argument) but you can't deny that a 2 night break-even on RoF and no more than 3 night break-even on FFP and FFP+ is still an extremely attractive price under any circumstance.

For people like my wife and I coming from out of state, we've done 1 night in 2016 (single), 3 nights each in 2017, 2018, and 2019, and got either FFP or FFP+ depending on what dates we needed, because it always made financial sense. This year, we're doing 4 nights, the last being Sep 26, so I got RoF w/Express, mostly because I didn't pull the trigger on Sep 19 and 26 Express single night when they were $89.99 each like I KNEW I should have. Since they were $109.99 and $129.99 by the time we bought, for an extra $30 I said let's go ahead and get it for Wed and Thurs as well, even though it's not "necessary". Doesn't make it not helpful. Plus it allows us to pop over and hit a couple houses with Express on Sat night if we want to after Homecomin' for brunch and a pool day.

So just out of curiosity which multinight pass are most of you getting? I was going to go with the standard FFP, but the issue is that I don't currently have an annual pass to Universal (didn't renew during the pandemic), so I can't get free parking unless I get another annual pass or the Ultimate Frequent Fear. If I recall correctly the FFP+ came with free parking in 2019, unfortunately not this year.

I will probably get rush of fear, then in October buy a Howl o Scream pass.

I’ve already bought the rush of fear with express since I’ll be there from sept 15 through the 26th and also going on sept 4th. It’s a steal honestly considering most of my group has already paid just about 220 dollars for the opening Saturday alone w/express and I’ll still be going to the event for 10 more nights for just $200 more

The break-even shouldn't be at 2 nights. The demand is rising and they only have so much capacity in the parks, especially in the current climate. I actually think they were too cheap before, FWIW.

This is an evergreen argument, and will continue to be valid even next year. 26 nights with Express works out to $20/night. Even if I skipped half, $40/night is a steal. And that's the worst deal.

So just out of curiosity which multinight pass are most of you getting? I was going to go with the standard FFP, but the issue is that I don't currently have an annual pass to Universal (didn't renew during the pandemic), so I can't get free parking unless I get another annual pass or the Ultimate Frequent Fear. If I recall correctly the FFP+ came with free parking in 2019, unfortunately not this year.
My husband and I bought FFP+ with Express this year :) I originally budgeted and saved for $500 a pass, so I was off a little bit but nothing we couldn't manage with one paycheck thankfully. So I was fine with it. However, this is because we have our annual pass (preferred) so we get the free parking. If we didn't... I MIGHT have opted for the Ultimate. Because while the Passes are a great value, that parking hurts. For context, in 2018 we did the FFP+ for the first time but didn't have annual passes and had to pay for parking each time - I think we wound up going 8 times? We started going together in 2011 when we first started dating (although my first year in general was 2007). But we would just go one night with Express... Except in 2015 we did standby and were able to do all but the Walking Dead House - which we had no interest in. Then in 2019 we just opted for the FFP (but we had annual passes by this point) and I started regretting not being able to go on Friday's. Mostly so we could stay until close without having to worry about being up early for work the next day lol I'll also add we are super spoiled and live maybe 15-20 minutes from Universal too. So we have the luxury, and capability, to go every week, heck or day our pass lets us, if we so desire lol. The first weekend we're attending both nights because we booked a hotel - our honeymoon in May of 2020 to London and Barcelona was canceled so I justified going more all out for Horror Nights this year for that reason. And for the fact that last year was canceled and just propelled me into a further depression lol But I know after the first weekend we'll go at least once a week, and multiple times again the final week because we're taking the week off from work.

Reactions: ghostface
Status
Not open for further replies.