Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021) | Page 339 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My husband and I bought FFP+ with Express this year :) I originally budgeted and saved for $500 a pass, so I was off a little bit but nothing we couldn't manage with one paycheck thankfully. So I was fine with it. However, this is because we have our annual pass (preferred) so we get the free parking. If we didn't... I MIGHT have opted for the Ultimate. Because while the Passes are a great value, that parking hurts. For context, in 2018 we did the FFP+ for the first time but didn't have annual passes and had to pay for parking each time - I think we wound up going 8 times? We started going together in 2011 when we first started dating (although my first year in general was 2007). But we would just go one night with Express... Except in 2015 we did standby and were able to do all but the Walking Dead House - which we had no interest in. Then in 2019 we just opted for the FFP (but we had annual passes by this point) and I started regretting not being able to go on Friday's. Mostly so we could stay until close without having to worry about being up early for work the next day lol I'll also add we are super spoiled and live maybe 15-20 minutes from Universal too. So we have the luxury, and capability, to go every week, heck or day our pass lets us, if we so desire lol. The first weekend we're attending both nights because we booked a hotel - our honeymoon in May of 2020 to London and Barcelona was canceled so I justified going more all out for Horror Nights this year for that reason. And for the fact that last year was canceled and just propelled me into a further depression lol But I know after the first weekend we'll go at least once a week, and multiple times again the final week because we're taking the week off from work.
Right, I will also be local to Universal this fall but I wasn't sure if I wanted to invest in a parks annual pass just yet. If I had one I would definitely go for the FFP+. I think Universal knew what they were doing when they removed the free parking from that pass - it was a steal in 2019, $140 including Fridays and free parking. Now if you want free parking you either have to splurge on the Ultimate pass or get an annual pass. Being that I want to go at least 10 times probably, I can't imagine paying $25 for parking each time I go.

So just out of curiosity which multinight pass are most of you getting? I was going to go with the standard FFP, but the issue is that I don't currently have an annual pass to Universal (didn't renew during the pandemic), so I can't get free parking unless I get another annual pass or the Ultimate Frequent Fear. If I recall correctly the FFP+ came with free parking in 2019, unfortunately not this year.

Rush of Fear + Express.

Not local so only get 4-6 nights in during our week-long annual trip.

Can't beat the value for getting all 10 houses every night in mid-September.

Multi-night tickets are a great deal, regardless. People on Twitter and Reddit are complaining about price increases. I'm not sure how you can be upset because a FFP+ is no longer cheaper than any combination of a Thursday and Friday single-night. It covers 35 nights. The break-even shouldn't be at 2 nights. The demand is rising and they only have so much capacity in the parks, especially in the current climate. I actually think they were too cheap before, FWIW.

Agreed, my family and I are getting the RoF w/Express and at 4 nights for us that's still a nice deal compared to trying to tackle things separately. Plain and simple, the more nights you go the more valuable a FFP is. An with the RoF, it's still a steal without a discount.

Agreed, my family and I are getting the RoF w/Express and at 4 nights for us that's still a nice deal compared to trying to tackle things separately. Plain and simple, the more nights you go the more valuable a FFP is. An with the RoF, it's still a steal without a discount.

I don't think Universal will get rid of the FF tickets because they know a majority of the holders only visit a handful of times over the event. If they were to drop them or raise the prices too much they'll lose the long weekend crowd as they split their time between MNSSHP, HHN, and Howl-o-scream.

I did ROF with express for the first time in 2019 and it was so awesome I can't not do it now. I like to go the last eligible Weds-Sun of Sept.

First time doing Express this year and I have a feeling I'll never be able to go back either. We have done RIP Tours at 28 and 29. 28 was for our Honeymoon and was awesome. Great tour guide and group. 29 was an OK guide and annoying, helpless group that couldn't follow direction.

We decided literally DURING the tour at 29 that we would do Express on our passes at 30 and take it at our own pace instead of RIP. Four nights of Express vs one RIP and no Express on the other nights in the past - I bet that will just be our new normal once we do it.

Multi-night tickets are a great deal, regardless. People on Twitter and Reddit are complaining about price increases. I'm not sure how you can be upset because a FFP+ is no longer cheaper than any combination of a Thursday and Friday single-night. It covers 35 nights. The break-even shouldn't be at 2 nights. The demand is rising and they only have so much capacity in the parks, especially in the current climate. I actually think they were too cheap before, FWIW.
I don't think Universal will get rid of the FF tickets because they know a majority of the holders only visit a handful of times over the event. If they were to drop them or raise the prices too much they'll lose the long weekend crowd as they split their time between MNSSHP, HHN, and Howl-o-scream.

I’m personally one of the people that only go a handful of nights. I got FFP+ w/Express and will be attending the final 7 nights of the event. My birthday is the 30th, so we always go the last week as a birthday/Halloween trip. It shocks me that there’s people out there complaining about the price. I’m only using it for 7 nights and I think it’s a hell of a deal compared to buying individual tickets for each of those nights.

Ya know what, this is probably gonna age terribly, but predictions for this week:
  • TOMORROW! AUGUST 9TH! - Revenge of the Tooth Fairy & Puppet Theatre, double announcement for the two houses still unofficially official.
  • August 10th - Scare Zones & Shows announced.
  • August 11th - Wicked Growth announced.
  • August 12th - Legendary Truth announced.
  • August 13th - Welcome to SCarey announced.
  • From there, 21 days till HHN 30, let the waiting game begin!
(Lil edit, I could also see LT and SCarey being a dual announcement on Thursday or Friday)

Last edited:
My theory is it’s the smallest cause they don’t wanna try to make it a photo op zone.
good guess
but this will create a terrible bottleneck, it was really bad in 2016 with chance, i cant imagine the logistical nightmare this zone will create. very odd choice.

….why pay actors when fans can pay you?
I’d pay the money if it was in a house.

if it wasnt for covid that could have been a real business lol.
(be a scareactor for 1 hour, for the Low low price of $599

We're so close to this event actually happening. It almost feels like, kinda wrong? It's been so long since 29 and we've been speculating 30 since forever. It's gonna be kinda weird just... going to the event again lmao.

whats really gonna be spicy is a hhn park full of surgical masks... you know some people will try to get creative with that

Reactions: ghostface
Right, I will also be local to Universal this fall but I wasn't sure if I wanted to invest in a parks annual pass just yet. If I had one I would definitely go for the FFP+. I think Universal knew what they were doing when they removed the free parking from that pass - it was a steal in 2019, $140 including Fridays and free parking. Now if you want free parking you either have to splurge on the Ultimate pass or get an annual pass. Being that I want to go at least 10 times probably, I can't imagine paying $25 for parking each time I go.
Totally understand!

And I 100% agree: Universal knew what they were doing when they remove the free parking from that pass. I will say with an annual pass too then you have the option to do Stay and Scream whenever you want without paying $30 a pop each time you want to. So another nice added perk. We did Stay N Scream for 2019 to get Stranger Things done before the general crowd came in so we could start hitting up the back houses. I think the first night we went we did this and wound up being able to hit up 4 houses within the first hour or so of the event officially starting.

I always feel like if your local enough to get your money's worth of the annual pass it doesn't hurt. But again for 2018 we didn't have an annual pass, then decided to get it for 2019 after weighing the pros and cons we experienced without it for the 2018 event :)

Ya know what, this is probably gonna age terribly, but predictions for this week:
  • TOMORROW! AUGUST 9TH! - Revenge of the Tooth Fairy & Puppet Theatre, double announcement for the two houses still unofficially official.
  • August 10th - Scare Zones & Shows announced.
  • August 11th - Wicked Growth announced.
  • August 12th - Legendary Truth announced.
  • August 13th - Welcome to SCarey announced.
  • From there, 21 days till HHN 30, let the waiting game begin!
(Lil edit, I could also see LT and SCarey being a dual announcement on Thursday or Friday)
I think we’ll get a massive announcement on Friday the 13th!

Status
Not open for further replies.