Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021) | Page 98 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah. The pumpkin tunnel outside the tent is more ambiance than anything. The sprung has, what is essentially, an indoor facade.
will growth also have a outdoor facade? Not something near as complex as blood pit but enough to make it look less like you’re walking into a tent

What are the best façades out there?
I know this is off topic, so I'd love to see a thread for just this, but my short list from more recent years includes but is not limited to:
Dead Waters - Half sunken riverboat in a backwoods bayou
Scary Tales: Deadly Ever After - An entire fairytale castle complete with flying Wicked Witch
Carnival Graveyard - Looming junkyard gates with refuse spilling outward, but glimpses of the chaos inside visible in the air behind it (it really set the tone IMO)
Body Collectors: Recollections - Massive Shadybrook Asylum building, mid snow storm. Just beautiful and frightening.
Jack Presents: 25 Years of Monsters and Mayhem - Huge carnival sideshow-esque painting of Jack's face frames in surging fairground lights, with rotating columns filled with bodies and adorned with stylized sideshow banners of the other icons. Cut such an impressive figure each time!

While I wouldn’t mind a near-exact replica as Hollywood’s with some adjustments, I feel like that may be the start of an alarming new trend where they may just copy + paste Hollywood’s IP designs and paste them
into Florida’s. I don’t want to see an over abundance of black walls in Florida.

I don't think we're in any danger of that. I did both coasts in 2014 and 2019 and we got completely different houses for each of the shared IPs:
Alien vs. Predator was a completely different storyline
I don't remember Dracula Untold from Hollywood
Walking Dead: End of the Line had different effects on each coast and emphasized different scenes
Ghostbusters was completely different (Orlando was way better)
Stranger Things was different (Hollywood was scarier)
Hollywood followed the storyline of House of 1000 Corpses more faithfully
Us was way different on each coast
Killer Klowns was way different also

I know I kind of went into overkill, but I don't think we're ever in danger of a copy and paste, at least not as long as Murdy is in charge of Hollywood. He approaches the event in a different way than Orlando does - more freakout and less film quality.

As an aside, I think Orlando would've done Crimson Peak more justice than Hollywood honestly for those reasons.

I know this is off topic, so I'd love to see a thread for just this, but my short list from more recent years includes but is not limited to:
Dead Waters - Half sunken riverboat in a backwoods bayou

Totally agree with Dead Waters. I loved the Exorcist facade and I still think about the Picadilly Circus scene from AWIL even though that's not a real facade.

Looking at the spec map, I think this is the first time that lines for the back two soundstage houses are starting at the Public Library facade. Combined with the Tribute Store and the scarezone, I think that's going to create a lot of congestion. It also looks like the end of the Hello Kitty staging area between park close and the event start. That's all assuming that we're looking at relative normalcy this year. If we're still distancing in the fall and Tribute needs its own line for entry, NY is going to be a nightmare on busier nights.

Reactions: londonwerecat
Looking at the spec map, I think this is the first time that lines for the back two soundstage houses are starting at the Public Library facade. Combined with the Tribute Store and the scarezone, I think that's going to create a lot of congestion. It also looks like the end of the Hello Kitty staging area between park close and the event start. That's all assuming that we're looking at relative normalcy this year. If we're still distancing in the fall and Tribute needs its own line for entry, NY is going to be a nightmare on busier nights.

All queue locations at least on this may are the same as 2019 are they not?

This also isn't necessarily correct, remember the La Bamba location?

Reactions: RevFreako

For context, these are the referenced posts:

Twelve were floated a while back, since two houses were opened last year. Up the total number to twelve so that way there are still ten new houses.
When the budget was initially approved back late last year. But with promises of enough vaccines for every adult in America, Universal is bullish.

They already expedited the EU announcement.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
While trying to sound the least passive aggressive as I possibly can. Did I miss something? I think that was a rumor last year, but I believe it got squashed early on. Did something else indicate that changed? I'm legitimately asking.
Yeah, I think it floated around a bit this year when Tooth Fairy and Bride’s demolition was still unknown. Some people thought they’d get rid of Tooth Fairy and add two new ones or something. Some thought they’d just add two new ones so they could stick with having 10 new houses for 12 total. But now we’re pretty sure it’ll continue to be Tooth and Bride with no new houses other than Eilish replacement.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
Status
Not open for further replies.