Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021) | Page 99 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 30 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors (2021)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Going off the new Spec Map, what would everybody like to see in the "Best Of" Scarezone?

I think we'll see Invasion (hopefully with the crashed saucer) and Dead Man's Warf (hopefully with the ship wreck). Those were generally very well received zones that suffered with the space constrictions of San Francisco, so giving them a mini version in wide open NY would serve them well. I fully expect Killer Klowns to be included since everybody loved that zone. Maybe not always have them there, but just have them come parading through the zone every now and then or something.

Then I'd expect something along the lines of the Legions since that covered a full event year worth of scarezones (though I personally thought they were pretty weak), don't expect TWD even though that was a full year thing too. Though it would be hillarious to have TWD return knowing that the die hards will be upset...and then have Thriller come over the speakers and have all of the Zombies get together and do the dance as a joke every 30min or something. Or stick a couple by Blues Brothers with the icecream truck for another selfie op.

I would LOVE to have the Acid Assault projection mapping return, but don't really remember the characters of that zone so wouldn't miss them. Vamp '55 was a classic, but we just had '85 and I'd argue it wasn't nearly as well received. Some of the recent pumpkin related scare zones were awesome, but with the Pumpkin King and stuff I don't know if they'd include them. The return of Rob Zombie's The Creeper and Dragula would make me soooo happy, and only take up a little bit of space, but that was just at the last (full) event. I don't expect any Icon-related zones to be represented here as it sounds like they'll be the focus of the Anniversary zone. The New Years Eve zone wasn't anything special, but maybe having some of the celebrities wandering around could be interesting.

I'm kinda surprised that thinking back over the last 5-10 years doesn't instantly bring a ton of Scarezones to mind that I'd like to see return. After the Zombieland dud from the last (full) event, I hope they go all out as NY is great of a space to have another weak/empty zone.

Reactions: londonwerecat
Going off the new Spec Map, what would everybody like to see in the "Best Of" Scarezone?

I think we'll see Invasion (hopefully with the crashed saucer) and Dead Man's Warf (hopefully with the ship wreck). Those were generally very well received zones that suffered with the space constrictions of San Francisco, so giving them a mini version in wide open NY would serve them well. I fully expect Killer Klowns to be included since everybody loved that zone. Maybe not always have them there, but just have them come parading through the zone every now and then or something.

Then I'd expect something along the lines of the Legions since that covered a full event year worth of scarezones (though I personally thought they were pretty weak), don't expect TWD even though that was a full year thing too. Though it would be hillarious to have TWD return knowing that the die hards will be upset...and then have Thriller come over the speakers and have all of the Zombies get together and do the dance as a joke every 30min or something. Or stick a couple by Blues Brothers with the icecream truck for another selfie op.

I would LOVE to have the Acid Assault projection mapping return, but don't really remember the characters of that zone so wouldn't miss them. Vamp '55 was a classic, but we just had '85 and I'd argue it wasn't nearly as well received. Some of the recent pumpkin related scare zones were awesome, but with the Pumpkin King and stuff I don't know if they'd include them. The return of Rob Zombie's The Creeper and Dragula would make me soooo happy, and only take up a little bit of space, but that was just at the last (full) event. I don't expect any Icon-related zones to be represented here as it sounds like they'll be the focus of the Anniversary zone. The New Years Eve zone wasn't anything special, but maybe having some of the celebrities wandering around could be interesting.

I'm kinda surprised that thinking back over the last 5-10 years doesn't instantly bring a ton of Scarezones to mind that I'd like to see return. After the Zombieland dud from the last (full) event, I hope they go all out as NY is great of a space to have another weak/empty zone.
I'd imagine Vamp '55 would return in some capacity. Treaks and Foons as well perhaps? Bones. Twisted Traditions. I don't think this is something that can be reasonably speculated on though unless we use the shirt. This scarezone could really have anything.

Reactions: Clive and Legacy
The Best of Zone, based off the shirt and common sense -

Definite appearances -
Bone (with Blood, finally)/Festival of the Deadliest
Vamp 55
Twisted Traditions

Likely appearances -
Psychoscarepy/Shadybrooke
Clownsaws
Anarch-cade
Scary Tales: Screampunk OR Asylum in Wonderland (‘08)
Dead Man’s Wharf

Long-shot possibilities
Iniquitus (Legions)
Grown Evil
MASKarade: Unstitched
Esqueleto Muerte

Definite appearances -
Vamp 55
Twisted Traditions

Likely appearances -
Clownsaws
Anarch-cade
Dead Man’s Wharf

Long-shot possibilities
Iniquitus (Legions)
Grown Evil
Esqueleto Muerte

...and Meaty Meatz?

There is a 0% chance they’ll have an ip of any sorts in that zone

He may show up in the zone, but he’s never been in a zone before. He’s in SCarey. The shirt also has the Creep on it and the Pumpkin Lord from Wicked Path, so it’s not entirely the best of zone.
Creepshow was gonna be a zone

So like.. how exactly would this "Best Of" zone work? Just all the characters mingling around together? Separate stages/areas?

I assume the zone division will be similar to 2010's layout, no? The "best of zones" area is dedicated to general franchises, while the "anniversary" zone is dedicated to the icons (sans Terra Queen, who will presumably appear in some capacity in the planned Cruentes zone)? I wonder if they'll mix in the classic monsters in either zone. They certainly functioned as "icons" in the event's early years, and they're always a delight to see. The Inquitus could also fill out an icon zone, if necessary. They're generic but technically served the icon function.

I think Legacy's guesses are good. I've noticed they tend to prioritize more recent years because 1) they still have the costumes and mask molds and 2) they are assuming a good portion of the audience will be most familiarity with stuff from the most immediate preceding events. With that said, I'm sure they'll mix in a few A&D favorites and cult cuts for the "fans" that'll have new looks. Asylum in Wonderland White Rabbit or Alice are good bets in that category. 2010 was very 2007-2009 heavy, for example, with just a handful of characters from the 90s and Islands years.

2010 was very 2007-2009 heavy, for example, with just a handful of characters from the 90s and Islands years.

An house-wise you had Hallow'd Past which felt very 2008 heavy, sans the Treak/Foon, Frightanic and classic monsters/icons. I'll admit due to that I was kind of apprehensive about Scarey with it being a regular house and not a Megahouse like M&M which could cram a ton in. Thought thankfully by the sound of rumored list in Scarey, it might not fall into the same kind of issue as it looks to cover a wider spread of years.

An house-wise you had Hallow'd Past which felt very 2008 heavy, sans the Treak/Foon, Frightanic and classic monsters/icons. I'll admit due to that I was kind of apprehensive about Scarey with it being a regular house and not a Megahouse like M&M which could cram a ton in. Thought thankfully by the sound of rumored list in Scarey, it might not fall into the same kind of issue as it looks to cover a wider spread of years.
Yeah, rather than do a single “everything” house like M&M, it’s structured more like 2010 with anniversary “stuff” dispersed across a few houses. Smartly, though, this design covers a much wider variety than any previous anniversary did. The only issue is that, for all intents, nothing prior to 2000 is really represented based on what we know so far.

It’s possible SCarey has a scene from before 2000, but I don’t really see it based on the scene names. The earliest year I think could be in that house is 2003. Maybe they’ll use a lot of nods in the zone design. It would be nice if the anniversary zone had characters like Michael Krueger, Eye-gore, or Darkness.

Definite appearances -
Vamp 55
Twisted Traditions

Likely appearances -
Clownsaws
Anarch-cade
Dead Man’s Wharf

Long-shot possibilities
Iniquitus (Legions)
Grown Evil
Esqueleto Muerte
Did I miss something on how twisted is a definite?
He may show up in the zone, but he’s never been in a zone before. He’s in SCarey. The shirt also has the Creep on it and the Pumpkin Lord from Wicked Path, so it’s not entirely the best of zone.
The Special Guest character looks nothing like the creep from creepshow

Status
Not open for further replies.