Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 139 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
IF HHN was smart they would’ve done an announcement for The Weeknd before Coachella, and played the announcement video on the screen at the festival while people waited for him to go on. Great promotion and reaching to a different audience.. Just my opinion?

Count Chocula scare zone?

Only partially joking ... I can see consumer brands wanting to be part of the event - especially in this social media era.

I find it terribly ironic that y’all were complaining that the event was leaning a little too family friendly in 2019, but then a few years later, are seriously wanting a Scooby Doo house.

Many of these same people were very excited about Beetlejuice. :lol:

(I always felt having him and Jack in the same year was too redundant.)

Last edited:
I know there was talk of Godzilla for the first time ever. Which quite frankly, shocked me. But I guess if "Bugs" is really about giant creatures, I could see how people could have taken things that they heard and came up with Godzilla.

I had some concepts in my head that would make it work, such as reviving the 3D house and really lean into the 60s trippiness of it all.
Much like GB, Scoob is a part of Universal's past history so I wouldn't be terribly upset to see it adapted

Buuut, I'm not super passionate about it

They could do every concept from Scooby and make it more adult in separate houses

Reactions: reeseyNG
I find it terribly ironic that y’all were complaining that the event was leaning a little too family friendly in 2019, but then a few years later, are seriously wanting a Scooby Doo house.
I know i’m an outlier, but I honestly love the IDEA of family friendly houses. It provides an entirely different creative outlet for the team, and the change of pace from other houses is always fun. I just think it has not been executed properly yet.

This is veering off topic tho

Having read this forum for many years, there's an odd sort of Stockholm syndrome here. I wrote a long explanatory post (that I never posted) on how strange it is that year after year, everyone clamors for these 80s horror comedy properties, they finally come, and then everyone is disappointed in them because 80s horror comedies make terrible houses and there are numerous examples of this. Downvote me if you must, but I'm not sure Scooby-Doo (regardless of era) would fare any better.

And this is coming from someone who believes almost anything can be a house. (Scarezones are a different story. Comedy properties can make good scarezones.)

Last edited:
I know i’m an outlier, but I honestly love the IDEA of family friendly houses. It provides an entirely different creative outlet for the team, and the change of pace from other houses is always fun. I just think it has not been executed properly yet.

This is veering off topic tho
Beetlejuice was close in my opinion but I still would’ve rather seen Hollywood’s take on it which I feel is an unpopular opinion

Reactions: reeseyNG and Freak
IF HHN was smart they would’ve done an announcement for The Weeknd before Coachella, and played the announcement video on the screen at the festival while people waited for him to go on. Great promotion and reaching to a different audience.. Just my opinion?
He plays tomorrow, so there is still hope... Lol. But that's a smart idea for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.