Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 35 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What do y'all think about the Thing being a possibility? This year is the 40th anniversary of that movie. I know marketing doesn't care but Aiello and Murdy might.
If there was like a 4K rerelease or maybe a limited time theatrical run for the film I’d say definitely

Mike has nothing to do with HHN anymore.

Yeeup, this year is the real start* of the new head of A&D right?

* I say "real start" since technically it would've been earlier, but HHN 30's delay postponed an event without Mike's guidance.

Yeeup, this year is the real start* of the new head of A&D right?

* I say "real start" since technically it would've been earlier, but HHN 30's delay postponed an event without Mike's guidance.
HHN 30 was a transitional year. Mike was with them for pre-production, left to Creative, then—from my understanding—worked partially as an “advisor” while EU was on hold. I don’t really consider it a “Mike” year, as it was predominantly the new team. As they said, his fingerprints were on it but it wasn’t his event. It wasn’t even a primary focus of his the last couple of years anyway. He was more focused on the other shows/events. HHN had its own team.

Last edited:
Anyone know who the vacant Show Director spot went to that was open last October. I follow a couple scareactors on twitter and one of them stated that they were going to Boston to begin their job as show director and they were excited to start their new job alongside their favorite UO Show Director. Now this to me screams they are the new show director at UO but they could be working alongside Patrick who is no longer at UO. Also this person went from actor to director with to my knowledge no behind the scenes experince :look:

That being said if they are with UO... why would they be in Boston? Probably for research purposes... what's roughly about 30min outside Boston? Salem. What's a rumored property that has "ties" to Salem? Fear Street :shrug:

Just here to point out that they made something happen with "Us" ;)

Candyman has so much potential. I think you’d be able to do a sort of combo/half and half house with the original because of the ties the new film has to the original. Some locations….
Via the original:
Cabrini green
The apartment that leads to the candyman mural
The parking garage
The mental hospital
Anne-Marie’s apartment
Candyman’s lair (where the mural is)
Bon fire scene
Helen’s apartment where her ghost appears to her ex husband

The new film played with mirrors/reflections and that could be so cool! Kind of like Us did with the funhouse mirrors. The could do stuff with the shadow puppetry as the theme plays in the background and like people come out from behind the wall (thinking a sort of split screen effect like Hollywood’s universal monster mazes have). The film also plays with the idea/concept of liminal spaces (at least in my opinion) and that could be really cool.
I think candyman has a lot of potential. It could be pretty, scary, hypnotic, and really powerful.

Candyman has so much potential. I think you’d be able to do a sort of combo/half and half house with the original because of the ties the new film has to the original. Some locations….
Via the original:
Cabrini green
The apartment that leads to the candyman mural
The parking garage
The mental hospital
Anne-Marie’s apartment
Candyman’s lair (where the mural is)
Bon fire scene
Helen’s apartment where her ghost appears to her ex husband

The new film played with mirrors/reflections and that could be so cool! Kind of like Us did with the funhouse mirrors. The could do stuff with the shadow puppetry as the theme plays in the background and like people come out from behind the wall (thinking a sort of split screen effect like Hollywood’s universal monster mazes have). The film also plays with the idea/concept of liminal spaces (at least in my opinion) and that could be really cool.
I think candyman has a lot of potential. It could be pretty, scary, hypnotic, and really powerful.
Totally agree, the urban decay is something we haven't really seen at HHN either.

So i recently got done watching fear street and if it is a house I'm very curious as to how they would do the layout. Would they do 1666, 1978, 1994 or 1994, 1978, 1666, 1994 Pt.2? I feel like guest who have never seen the movies are gonna be extremely confused no matter what

Reactions: Daza
Reading way too much into the new Monsters store displays ... I think we are getting a Wolf Man house this year.

He got a dynamic scene with some story elements, while the others are just sort of hall of statue displays.

Gill Man as runner up could then be the hotel guest bonus experience ... maybe in the lagoons for hotel boat rides, ha.

Reactions: londonwerecat
There is a property i’m hearing for this year that no one has speculated yet…consider it the “Billie” of the year that will tear fans apart.
I’m gonna guess it’s Melanie Martinez could be wrong tho I’m not much Into that kinda music, But she has terrifying imagery just like Billie.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.