Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 257 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
and food is so cheap
What world do you live in?
Question Mark What GIF by MOODMAN

Reactions: HHN Yeti Lover
What world do you live in?
Question Mark What GIF by MOODMAN
Food is usually >40% margins at theme parks and stadiums, and they'll almost certainly be giving smaller servings like they did last year at the food and bev preview event. Drinks are even more profitable, ~90% margins for soft drinks and >200% for alcohol. Industrial food costs are almost nil like Jake said, Sysco bought and prepped at scale is disgustingly cheap pound per pound.

Food is usually >40% margins at theme parks and stadiums, and they'll almost certainly be giving smaller servings like they did last year at the food and bev preview event. Drinks are even more profitable, ~90% margins for soft drinks and >200% for alcohol. Industrial food costs are almost nil like Jake said, Sysco bought and prepped at scale is disgustingly cheap pound per pound.
I’m fully expecting smaller servings like at taste of terror.

200% for alcohol? An oil can of Fosters is $2.09 at my local grocery store. $14 at Universal. Assuming they get at least a $0.09 discount per can for buying in bulk direct from a distributor, that's a 700% mark up.

I think they sold pints of Miller Lite or Coors Lite for $11, you can get a 15 pack of the pints for $18 by me. So that's a 900% markup per can.

Alcohol sales at HHN just prints money.

Checking this morning, it seems that Premium Scream Night has yet to sell out...which could lead to one of two things:

1. It doesn't sell out all the way until August and people who go truly have the best HHN night ever with the lowest crowds and unlimited food.

2. Universal lowers the price in an attempt to sell tickets and upset everyone who paid full price.

As someone who bought tickets for the event, I'm hoping its the first ;)

I'd guess that the inclusion of early Unmasking tours probably factors into the lower sales so far- those are much cheaper for the people who wanted to be "first, first, first" and cancelling / re-arranging those to take a chance on an expensive and experimental night isn't worth the hassle for some. They're already seeing a bunch before opening night, so what's just waiting another day?

I also am leaning more towards #1- given that this seems like basically the "vlogger tax," less people just means more positive buzz for Uni to make it an annual thing with a price increase.

And I'm sure it's not an incredibly huge factor in the grand scheme of things, but giving the ops teams an "easy" night after preview to work out the kinks instead of throwing them straight into the fire seems beneficial for the long-term, as well, but maybe that's just a positive side-effect.

We also don't know what kind of sales Universal has seen. They could be close to sold out and we wouldn't know. I agree with others that some people are still arranging their plans or waiting for multi-day tickets to go on sale. Not knowing what max capacity is and what they have sold so far we are all in the dark as to whether this was successful or not.

Last edited:
Why would our tribute store be hinting to something happening in Hollywood? Lol
Well, why would Hollywood tweet something and HNN comment what they did under it. It bring in r tribute store is a hint for us if anything but the other thing is for Hollywood.

Status
Not open for further replies.