Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 258 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m sure everything will turn out great, but the houses announced so far are giving 2014…and what’s rumored next doesn’t sound all that much better (nothing on the scale of AVP or Halloween for sure). Going to be interesting to see how this year pans out, but doesn’t seem to be the shot-in-the-arm year this event needed after the ‘23 and ‘22 IMO

I’m sure everything will turn out great, but the houses announced so far are giving 2014…and what’s rumored next doesn’t sound all that much better (nothing on the scale of AVP or Halloween for sure). Going to be interesting to see how this year pans out, but doesn’t seem to be the shot-in-the-arm year this event needed after the ‘23 and ‘22 IMO
IDK....I think A Quiet Place could have some interesting creature effects that could rival AVP.

I don't see a return of the Bill & Ted show as any realistic possiblility:
  1. Nightmare Fuel is insanely popular and they don't have two venues to put them both it (Blue Man will be setting up for the holidays, other venues are too small).
  2. It was a dormant IP when they had the show, so there was lots of leeway. With Part 4 rumored to be in the scripting phase, they wouldn't allow the characters to be involved with anything that might insult either of the election candidates, Disney, the Swifties, or anything else with a fan base that could mobilize against the IP if footage leaks out.
  3. What would they have that would be in the public consciousness for a 3 or 4 month period (including scripting, rehearsals, and the full event) when the most popular songs are random 10+ year old songs that people are discovering on TikTok and every few weeks there's a new "It" thing. The show would pretty much be out of date before it's first show is even performed.
  4. You could say they could do a stripped down show that is just B&T, on a small stage, just being cool...but that would piss off people expecting the same show (and inflating how good it was in their memory over the years)
Now what I COULD see would be a room in the HHN Tribute Store. Or a David S. Pumpkins type thing where the characters show up for interactions and selfies. Or a 5min long popup appearance somewhere like the bar on top of Fallon where they come out, strike their pose, and just welcome people to this most excellent event and bla bla bla while not going "off brand" from what is done in the movies.

1. Nightmare Fuel is insanely popular and they don't have two venues to put them both it (Blue Man will be setting up for the holidays, other venues are too small).
  2. It was a dormant IP when they had the show, so there was lots of leeway. With Part 4 rumored to be in the scripting phase, they wouldn't allow the characters to be involved with anything that might insult either of the election candidates, Disney, the Swifties, or anything else with a fan base that could mobilize against the IP if footage leaks out.
  3. What would they have that would be in the public consciousness for a 3 or 4 month period (including scripting, rehearsals, and the full event) when the most popular songs are random 10+ year old songs that people are discovering on TikTok and every few weeks there's a new "It" thing. The show would pretty much be out of date before it's first show is even performed.
  4. You could say they could do a stripped down show that is just B&T, on a small stage, just being cool...but that would piss off people expecting the same show (and inflating how good it was in their memory over the years)
Now what I COULD see would be a room in the HHN Tribute Store. Or a David S. Pumpkins type thing where the characters show up for interactions and selfies. Or a 5min long popup appearance somewhere like the bar on top of Fallon where they come out, strike their pose, and just welcome people to this most excellent event and bla bla bla while not going "off brand" from what is done in the movies.
I heard grinchmas is getting moved this year though…?

...there's no way, right?

That’s the Hollywood account but our tribute store. So is Hollywood's getting B&T? What?

View attachment 22107
We’re almost there now, the Ghostbusters theme grows ever nearer, and ever louder. And something else accompanies it… softly, I think I hear the wailing of JackAttack55 in exile… or is it just my imagination?
you know what's gonna feel good tomorrow right? :ghost:

about bill and ted, what if it's not a regular show but something on video? something for ads or YouTube? or something like Megan where they just do a dance number alone

All excellent points. I'd add two more: Legal was pretty strongly opposed to any parody-type show, forcing a lot of cuts in the final B&T. And even the fairly innocuous political jokes of 2012 made national headlines--anything remotely socio-political in 2024 would be radioactive.

Your watered-down possibilities make a lot of sense, but then it's just pointless fan service and I'd rather the money go to something, anything, new.

All excellent points. I'd add two more: Legal was pretty strongly opposed to any parody-type show, forcing a lot of cuts in the final B&T. And even the fairly innocuous political jokes of 2012 made national headlines--anything remotely socio-political in 2024 would be radioactive.

Your watered-down possibilities make a lot of sense, but then it's just pointless fan service and I'd rather the money go to something, anything, new.
in today's digital world even the most safe, most pg joke about any celebrities or any person would be a hot topic. things get taken out of context, people wanna make things go viral, it doesn't even have to be offensive or edgy, all it takes is one person to record one thing and make a big deal about it. specially for tiktok.
everyone always trying to start a trend from something or create some meme or something.
( yes social media always existed and a lot of the old bill and ted shows are on YouTube) but it was never like it was now. never this wild)
besides what movie or show can they .ske fun of? everything outside universal properties is off limits

If Hollywood gets B&T and Weeknd......
I'll be extremely surprised if Hollywood gets bill and ted seeing how their last one ended. they would have even bigger backlash over there than here.

Reactions: SeventyOne
in today's digital world even the most safe, most pg joke about any celebrities or any person would be a hot topic. things get taken out of context, people wanna make things go viral, it doesn't even have to be offensive or edgy, all it takes is one person to record one thing and make a big deal about it. specially for tiktok.
everyone always trying to start a trend from something or create some meme or something.
( yes social media always existed and a lot of the old bill and ted shows are on YouTube) but it was never like it was now. never this wild,

I'll be extremely surprised if Hollywood gets bill and ted seeing how their last one ended. they would have even bigger backlash over there than here.
Knott's brought back The Hanging (essentially their B&T) last year, maybe Universal is following suit to give it a shot?

Knott's brought back The Hanging (essentially their B&T) last year, maybe Universal is following suit to give it a shot?
it could work for them but I wonder if, since universal is also a movie studio and with a bigger reach, it could get them in trouble? something that Knott's gets away with couldn't work for hhn?
could a bill and ted show be made with zero references to celebrities or movies?

Reactions: SeventyOne
Comedy has been undergoing a post covid resurgence on platforms that are traditionally quite PC. Netflix, YouTube etc. I have no idea if B&T is coming, but some of these talking points just don’t represent what is happening within that industry currently and the extent to which major platforms are once again embracing it.

Comedy has been undergoing a post covid resurgence on platforms that are traditionally quite PC. Netflix, YouTube etc. I have no idea if B&T is coming, but some of these talking points just don’t represent what is happening within that industry currently and the extent to which major platforms are once again embracing it.

usually in those cases you have to seek those things out. you have to know the name. (I'm not even sure I know what you are talking about you mean stand up specials?)
a bill and ted show is something that a random family just walks in without knowing anything about it. it's a little different. it's different.
I understand what you are coming from with the stand up stuff, but bill and ted has always had problems and controversy. and even if the audience doesn't have a problem. other studios could. anything Disney cannot be touched for example. not really

Reactions: HHNSK
Maybe they'll do a Saw house again that incorporates elements from Saw 10 and 11.
it could be. they were never that well received and some other park was doing saw recently.
(watching the vid again, it kind of sucked :eek:mmmm I don't remember it being this bad )

Status
Not open for further replies.