HHN 31: Halloween | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN 31: Halloween

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So there was a tiny rumor that they might've switched Hellblock and Halloween's house portals to give Halloween the long plaza queue. With portals up, can we confirm/debunk this?
I think this would definitely make sense. Being the 2nd biggest IP at the event and at the front of the park, there's the potential for it to get a really long line

Reactions: UniversalRBLX
Is the Music Plaza stage the longest queue length-wise? Or do most of the soundstage ones have similar lengths?
I think Music Plaza seems the longest because that’s the one in public view and it is all really contained in that one section. In terms of Hellblock/Coven, I do think it makes most logical sense for Hellblock to enter at Minions, so the queue can wrap around the soundstages and enter from the opposite side. This is primarily to allow all 3 (Coven, Hellblock, Halloween) to exit in the same location, right of Music Plaza.

I did the original house, which I thought was great, but I wonder what “big sets” they are going to want to do to justify the soundstage. The only particularly “high-ceiling” moments are the outdoor scenes, which are almost entirely character scenes for Laurie aside from seeing Michael in the distance. These iconic early-movie beats to me were the only major moments missing in the first house, but as iconic as they are it is near impossible to do a “slow burn” setup in a haunted house. I much preferred the Myers house being ACTUALLY outside, too, but it’s always nice to see them do big facades.

I wonder if anything about the house will be meaningfully different. As stated above, I really hope they focus more on the Laurie character, maybe a scene like the old Texas Chainsaw house where the victim runs by and her Scareactor hits a crash pad?

Looks like I got my strobe room I wanted

I love the tiny pumpkins. I know it’s a title card reference, but I seriously wonder if there’s anyone going into this house expecting a holiday-themed house and not an IP house. The pumpkins seem to me like they’re saying “hey, it’s Halloween! Sorry about the guy in the Star Trek mask!”

Reactions: shiekra38
From the preview videos that I've seen, I'm pretty disappointed by one of the effects from 24 being cut from this house. Maybe the scene was not allowed in the media videos, but I'm going to be really bummed if it's not there.

Annie getting killed in the car in the garage was a really cool effect in the 24 house.

Reactions: Rootedzen
From the preview videos that I've seen, I'm pretty disappointed by one of the effects from 24 being cut from this house. Maybe the scene was not allowed in the media videos, but I'm going to be really bummed if it's not there.

Annie getting killed in the car in the garage was a really cool effect in the 24 house.
I'll be very disappointed it that isn't there

I love the tiny pumpkins. I know it’s a title card reference, but I seriously wonder if there’s anyone going into this house expecting a holiday-themed house and not an IP house. The pumpkins seem to me like they’re saying “hey, it’s Halloween! Sorry about the guy in the Star Trek mask!”
Looks way better in "show mode" with no camera flash (or maybe strobe?)

304748482_3149260005404798_1079262706412144855_n.jpg

Reactions: Disneyson1

I'll be very disappointed it that isn't there
There are only five on-screen kills in that movie, so I'd hope they wouldn't skip one as big as Annie.

#SpeedKills

Be disappointed. Some rooms are very huge, big amazing rooms. Other rooms are super lacking.
That scene you mention and the end of movie is missing.
The closet area is very poor. The original house did the closet so much better. This closet Sucked.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
This property is so tired but they improved it from the last go around (hhn24). I appreciated the larger sets (being in a ss vs tent).

This property is so tired but they improved it from the last go around (hhn24). I appreciated the larger sets (being in a ss vs tent).

Respectfully disagree. HHN24 Halloween is one of the best film adaptations they've ever done and set a bar on scares and environments. It also made much more sense in a walkthrough and felt like you were in the movie. Also to add, when Halloween 2 became a house they started it off in medias res, with a scene repeat from the original (just a really cool addition imo solidifying the original).

I'm actually confused as to why they changed so much when they already had a framework that knocked things out of the park.

Now that I've gone through it, I feel like my original tweets about this being pointless are validated (at least to me). Universal's argument was they wanted to do the house "better" than it was in HHN 24, and they did *some* scenes better, and others were so pointless. It's a very run of the mill and average house.

Reactions: SeventyOne