HHN 31: Halloween | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN 31: Halloween

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Hmmm now that you mention it, I see it

Also Hill House was far beyond anything else last year IMO, and it oddly felt like it didn't get the praise that Growth and Icons did...

Two houses that I thought were pretty forgettable in the grand scheme of things
Corpses just nailed pretty much everything; such a good house. I loved Wicked Growth, all hail the pumpkin lord.
i just couldn’t fathom Icons having such long lines; if Hill House was a delicious four cheese pasta with fine wine, Icons was butter noodles with Diet Coke…

Last edited:
They already did the DE scene in the 2014 Halloween, though?

If I recall, that was a big feature in 2014 through multiple houses.

It was missing so many TCM iconography; victims on hooks, people getting their face peeled off, dinner scene and the lack of voice cues made the whole thing feel empty. I did enjoy the pig scares and the absolutely disgusting smell. It just didn’t wow me like Hill House (GOAT) or Beetlejuice. Icons was also overrated as hell.

I remember the facade being really cool and then it was just Leatherface after Leatherface with a chainsaw. I was really bored with it.

Reactions: Midnight Detective
This is literally the perfect description that I wish I came up with.

Icons was so unbelievably mid
I believe that this house and Beetlejuice were the biggest victim of the plastic sheets; so that didn’t help at all being such a narrow house. Beetlejuice made up for it for the amazing sets and better placed sheeted scares.
Also, the ‘Bloody Mary’ room left my mom’s ear ringing with a drop door shutting near her. So I hold a grudge against the house.

I know some of y'all follow me on Twitter but I'm REALLY lukewarm on this. I want to be excited for it, and I know their logic, but I just can't say I'm excited about it when we've had a Halloween house for 3 events since 2014 & this one is really just a reboot of a house they've already done.

Reactions: Vampyr
I know some of y'all follow me on Twitter but I'm REALLY lukewarm on this. I want to be excited for it, and I know their logic, but I just can't say I'm excited about it when we've had a Halloween house for 3 events since 2014 & this one is really just a reboot of a house they've already done.
Yea I mean this is fair. I'm in the same boat. The thing is it's technically been 4 years since we had a Halloween property. I'm mostly skeptical about this one because they caught lightning in a bottle with the first house, and as it's been mentioned multiple times in this thread, it's gonna be damn near impossible to get something as good as the 2014 house, as we've seen with both Texas Chainsaw last year, and AWiL back in 2015.

I hope it can be unique and interesting enough to hold its own, but still capture the intensity of that first house. It was so uniquely frustrating how they managed to make that Texas Chainsaw house so neutered, so I hope we don't get a repeat of that for Halloween this year

Remember Dumpster Mike!?
View attachment 16574
I will never forget Dumpster Mike haha my sister fell to the floor when he popped out and my family couldn’t stop laughing the whole night about it. Especially since he took notice and before going back down into the dumpster, he lunged at her one more time for good measure. One of my favorite moments I’ve had in a house.

I wonder what could be some of the new scenes that will be featured in the house, possibly taking a page or two from Hollywood's 2015 maze maybe.

This is literally the perfect description that I wish I came up with.

Icons was so unbelievably mid
I wonder what could be some of the new scenes that will be featured in the house, possibly taking a page or two from Hollywood's 2015 maze maybe.

it would be cool if they did more street like areas instead of so many indoor rooms, more "neighborhood outdoors " scenes. like a room with Laurie knocking on a house door and michael on the other side of the room. the first house focused on all the indoor scenes. i am hoping dearly we get a scene of laurie "running" away

it would be cool if they did more street like areas instead of so many indoor rooms, more "neighborhood outdoors " scenes. like a room with Laurie knocking on a house door and michael on the other side of the room. the first house focused on all the indoor scenes. i am hoping dearly we get a scene of laurie "running" away
Hopefully this could lead possibility scenes similar to those, I'm very interested in the "twists".

Hi there, long time lurker on the forum, but I was thinking about this house and how it could possibly have a different take on the version from HHN 24. I thought it would be interesting if the opening façade or scene used the escape from Smith's Grove scene from the '78 film.
This would be super cool. But as someone who didn't see the one from 24... I really want to see the house lol

I know people are very in between about the film and the house but honestly it really just comes down to them basically riding the hype train of the new and last film, its also its first time in a soundstage, so it has a possibility of being a bit better, seeing how well they did TCM, they could do a decent enough job with this one, also Michael Myers sells lol, when you look at the three headliners right now, two are gonna sell the most because they have a big fanbase in both of em, Halloween and Weeknd, I'll definitely keep my thoughts on it after the first week of the event, don't judge the house just yet.

Reactions: brandonflupo
So there was a tiny rumor that they might've switched Hellblock and Halloween's house portals to give Halloween the long plaza queue. With portals up, can we confirm/debunk this?

• Wow
Reactions: Lucky Planet