HHN Hollywood General Discussion - 2017 | Page 21 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN Hollywood General Discussion - 2017

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
"Insidious" will actually be based on the fourth film only. I have no idea why "The Shining" is going in Mummy. "American Horror Story" also will be based on Roanoke only. "Alien" is also not happening. The Maze going in Parsian Courtyard is big.

Well I trust this will be good. This year sound great except for Insidious and Saw, in my personal opinion. Excited to see them pull off the Shinning. 

Anything on Bill & Ted? Selling booze at HHN? 

"Insidious" will actually be based on the fourth film only. I have no idea why "The Shining" is going in Mummy. "American Horror Story" also will be based on Roanoke only. "Alien" is also not happening. The Maze going in Parsian Courtyard is big. It's not Universal Monsters but it's kinda like that. You know? A mixture.

Dang it! I was really looking forward to seeing Asylum and Coven in maze form at HHN. Season 2 was my favorite season and had lots of potential. 

Well I trust this will be good. This year sound great except for Insidious and Saw, in my personal opinion. Excited to see them pull off the Shinning. 

Anything on Bill & Ted? Selling booze at HHN? 

Your post was posted twice.

If this is true, Murdy is probably rage-quitting worse than Bruce Willis after realizing he left his gold watch at home. I think this is a new record for a leaked line up. Not even April and we **if this is true** know most of the line up already. 

No. Haven't heard about that. Might as well finally reveal it. The Last Maze is...

Blumhouse Mashup 

Yep it's a Mashup of Films from Blumhouse Studios that they haven't done yet hence the Discs for Maze 6. I have only heard of two properties being used. "Get Out" and "The Purge". I don't know any other properties being used than those two but probably they will use more.

.....wut. 

Why not just do a Universal Monsters mash up? That just seems so....random. 

Reactions: HHNManics
Sorry that this lineup isn't everyone wants. If I were to predict "The Shining" is gonna get announced after Monsterpalooza. I know everything but the Scare Zones.

Well, ya can't please everyone. 

I don't agree with some of the choices, but I think this will be a great year. 2015 didn't sound so promising yet it turned out to be pretty good. I'll give this a chance, but I might try to go to Orlando as well. 

.....wut. 

Why not just do a Universal Monsters mash up? That just seems so....random. 

I'm really speculating here, but maybe because many HHN fans have fond memories of the House of Horrors, which was basically a classic mashup, I see Murdy may not want to dedicate a maze to that, since some fans may complain about it sort of being a repeat or complaining it's not as great as they may compare it to the HoH. But then again we are having returning properties this year, so I don't know.

Yeah, that's the lineup guys. 

I'm incredibly disappointed with the Blumhouse Mashup. 

EDIT: Evil Dead maze will be based off the first two films and titled Ash vs EVIL DEAD, in order to reference the TV show but not fully incorporate it. 

Looking forward to Shining and Conjuring. Agreed with Freak, could do without Insidious. 

I'm feeling all these properties except for Blumhouse will be shared, so bummer. 

And very, very, VERY disappointed we won't see AHS Asylum incorporated into a maze. Maybe next year... 

Last edited by a moderator:
Assuming a Mod doesn't delete this, as if it is true; I have a few things.

1.) Blumhouse Mashup can go in a few ways. One way, is similar to a maze series from Horror Nights orlando; of "All Night Die In". It sounds very much like it can be similar to that, but actually using IP's in full unlike how Die In handles it.

2.) I am surprised that they aren't doing another mash-up for American Horror Story, as it would be an easy way to allow the maze to then be fully caught up while not trailing on previous content from the past. Or, so I would think. Roanoke, I didn't watch; so if I were to be at the event, I would either have to watch the season in full, or go in blind.

3.) Evil Dead coming back, is somewhat of a surprise. I think it would be fascinating to see how the original two films are tackled, and if they would try to do a subtle nod to Army as-well, as the three are a film trilogy.

4.) I am not expecting much with Saw. I honestly did not care for the maze when I went in it back at 10. Could I be surprised? Maybe, but I just can't see it being good.

5.) Would the Terror Tram, presumably on the Quartet; include Jigsaw to become a Quintet? I am honestly curious how they would be able to tackle something like that, as all the characters have has equal presences at Horror Nights on the Tram before (particularly Freddy and Jigsaw). Either way, I am interested to know of more on this, if it is true.

6.) Shining and Conjuring are the two I'm most curious if true. There is a lot to pick out from each, especially The Conjuring. Would it be using mainly just the two films, or would it be using potentially elements from Annabelle and Annabelle 2?

7.) I have to not be the only one, thinking that Cult of Chucky will be a Scarezone, right? One would assume that it would make sense, as it is a Universal IP and that there is merchandise to have with a character like Chucky.

...It's interesting. That much I can say. We'd be getting 8 Mazes (counting TWDA), Scarezones, a show, and presumably a mish-mash IP fest on the Terror Tram like from 07, 08, and 09. It could be interesting to see what may happen this year, on a marketing standpoint; as there are a lot of IP's I can easily see in the marketing books for the year.

No. Haven't heard about that. Might as well finally reveal it. The Last Maze is...

Blumhouse Mashup 

Yep it's a Mashup of Films from Blumhouse Studios that they haven't done yet hence the Discs for Maze 6. I have only heard of two properties being used. "Get Out" and "The Purge". I don't know any other properties being used than those two but probably they will use more.

If it's Blumhouse, I hope we get a Hellevator scene.. Having a room where the Soska Sisters taunt us from a TV screen while characters from the show attack us..

Reactions: Timberfellingrobot
Throw away year. Sucks

Am I to be mistaken, but wasn't last year a "Throw away" year, too? And yet, we got the New Line trilogy back in a way, an semi-original Terror Tram, The Exorcist, Halloween, American Horror Story (for the first year), and Krampus.

I'd be more willing to give it a shot, and to be more optimistic than pessimistic, as it is an event catering on the horror genre.

I'm honestly surprised they weren't trying to shoehorn The Mummy this year. Maybe a scarezone?

I haven't heard anything about Scare Zones from my Source but if I were to predict I would say

Exterminatorz - Opening

Cult of Chucky - French Street 

Deatheaterz - Harry Potter (If it's open)

Universal Monsters - Backlot

I haven't heard anything about Scare Zones from my Source but if I were to predict I would say

Exterminatorz - Opening

Interesting, I guess they incorporated what Japan did for their HHN (If you could call it that) for Hogwarts. Me being a sucker for the Universal Monsters, I'd poop myself if that were to be true haha. I just hope they use the classic designs rather than new ones. 

Exterminatorz - Opening

I doubt they would do Deatheater's in a scarezone for Potter.

A show in Hogsmeade, ala' Osaka? That I think is more likely.

Reactions: MacMillian Crew