HHN Hollywood General Discussion - 2017 | Page 22 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN Hollywood General Discussion - 2017

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I wonder if we'll get Jabbawockeez again.. or Academy of Villains.. or even *gasp* the return of Bill and Ted.

If they did Bill and Ted, they would of done it in 2014. 

Even with Karen joining the Hollywood team, that won't guarantee Bill and Ted returning. Along with a very different environment than Orlando, I think the ship has sailed for Hollywood getting the show back.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's Jabbawockeez, as they have the global aspect onto them; but a part of me wonder's that Academy of Villans may replace them, with the group being an local artist and House of Fear being a success at Orlando last year. It just depends, International; or Local.

I haven't heard anything about Scare Zones from my Source but if I were to predict I would say

Exterminatorz - Opening

Cult of Chucky - French Street 

Deatheaterz - Harry Potter (If it's open)

Universal Monsters - Backlot

And to backtrack, a part of me thinks this.

Universal Blvd (and the side facing the Plaza) could be used as a scarezone all in one, but I don't think we'll return to Exterminatorz. I think it's possible for a new concept to take over. With Baker now out of the picture, due to TWDA's overflow (unless they have a way to fix that situation to allow both); I would expect CoC to be in French, while the Lower Lot potentially gets a scarezone back to make up for the loss of Baker and then a large scarezone on the Backlot. 

A part of me, heavily doubts Classic Monsters; even with The Mummy coming out this year, it makes no sense with the location. But, I could be surprised. If it is an IP, I would unfortunately lean towards Saw being the scarezone down there, as it has been used in the past as a scarezone

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: HHNManics
Am I to be mistaken, but wasn't last year a "Throw away" year, too? And yet, we got the New Line trilogy back in a way, an semi-original Terror Tram, The Exorcist, Halloween, American Horror Story (for the first year), and Krampus.

I'd be more willing to give it a shot, and to be more optimistic than pessimistic, as it is an event catering on the horror genre.

I never called last year a throw away year. 

So Codenames...

Lemonade is 119 Pages Long and TCM was 118 Pages Long last year and was in Waterworld Queue. "The Conjuring" will be in Waterworld Queue so yeah... Plus Murdy stated for Lemonade that he kept hearing constant Christmas Music while writing it which "The Conjuring 2" takes place around Christmas. Need to find a connection though.

Charles is 71 Pages Long and "Exorcist" was 75 Pages Long last year and was in Mummy Queue. "The Shining" will be in Mummy Queue. The Impossible Scene would of course be the Elevator Scene. The Connection being with Charles/Delbert Grady.

Writer's Block is 121 Pages being the Maze with the largest amount of pages this year. "American Horror Story" was 128 Pages last year and was the largest. The whole "M" and "N" hint would be with "AMericaN Horror Story". The Connection would be Lana Winters who has Writer's Block as she is trying to expose the Asylum in which she makes a Appearance in Roanoke.

The Big Chill is 62 Pages Long being the Maze with the least amount of Pages. It was confirmed to be in JP Queue and "Insidious" was confirmed to be in JP Queue. The Connection would be with the Song "A Whiter Shade of Pale" and the lyrics "That her face, at first just ghostly. Turned a whiter shade of Pale" being that the Ghosts in "Insidious" have Painted White Faces.

That's for Codenames. I know we know the lineup but I thought I would get the connections out. Does anyone have a connection with "The Conjuring" and "Lemonade"?

The question with Writer's Block is how does Coven fit between Asylum & Roanoke other than the original Supreme that appeared in Roanoke.

The Terror Tram is what really intrigues me.. After years of Murdy constantly denying requests for an All Nite Die In-style maze starring the Big 4 slashers due to "multiple studios licensing for one maze would be a nightmare", suddenly, it's okay to try it for a Terror Tram? I'm interested in seeing how this turns out.. and hopefully this does lead to a Big 4 slashers maze sometime soon..

I'm personally curious about whether or not the terror tram route will be just as short as last year's. Considering my friend's and I were one of the first ones to ride it on opening night, we were able to avoid the super long lines that ended up developing throughout the actual tram. So I'm curious if they're gonna use the old path again.

I'm personally curious about whether or not the terror tram route will be just as short as last year's. Considering my friend's and I were one of the first ones to ride it on opening night, we were able to avoid the super long lines that ended up developing throughout the actual tram. So I'm curious if they're gonna use the old path again.

They better work it to have one path or have two paths be exactly the same. It made my blood boil when I was forced into the path that was clearly thrown together when I went. 

Am I seriously the only one that's actually looking forward to this year's event? I haven't seen the Roanoke season of AHS so I have no idea what to expect over there. I've never seen The Shining but I know the premise and the iconic scenes so I'm very curious on how it's gonna be pulled off. Insidious is my all time favorite maze of HHN and I can't wait to see what's in store for this year. The Conjuring 1 and 2 are both really good horror films and I'm excited to experience them face to face, especially the second film. I've never been to the Saw mazes from '09 or '10 but from what I've heard and seen, it seemed pretty intense so this should be interesting(You know James Wan is really successful when you realize he's created half of the properties in this lineup). Evil Dead is a fun campy horror franchise so I hope the house doesn't take itself too seriously, that's my only concern. The only maze I'm kind of iffy about is the Jason Blum-tasm, I honestly can't picture different Blumhouse movies crammed into the Parisian Courtyard. The last time we had slashers in the terror tram was way back in 2007-'08 when the terror tram used to be good(Is the sheet maze making a return???). As for scare zones, I honestly don't care about them! So overall this is actually a decent lineup, but I highly doubt it will top last year.

Besides "Get Out" and "The Purge", what other Blumhouse movies might be included?  Ouija?  Paranormal Activity?  Jem and the Holograms? (yes, Blum was one of the productions companies on that, lol).  Would they do one room dedicated to each movie (kind of like an Exorcist set up but with different films after each transition hallway)?  I'm really curious to see what the plans are for this........

Reactions: Horror Lover
Besides "Get Out" and "The Purge", what other Blumhouse movies might be included?  Ouija?  Paranormal Activity?  Jem and the Holograms? (yes, Blum was one of the productions companies on that, lol).  Would they do one room dedicated to each movie (kind of like an Exorcist set up but with different films after each transition hallway)?  I'm really curious to see what the plans are for this........

Half the maze better be Jem and the Holograms. If this maze is gonna suck, go all the way or nothing. 

But seriously, it would be cool to see a Sinister section. I speculate Get Out, Sinister, the Purge, and Paranormal Activity will be featured in the maze. 

How could y'all not be excited for this lineup?! It's amazing! Personally I'm excited for Evil Dead, my all time favorite horror film (it switches back and forth with Scream). As Freak said, they just need to avoid the mistakes they made with the remake one.

The Shining I'm sure will be interesting. I doubted Exorcist and it turned out to be in my top 3 mazes of all time, definitely the scariest.

AHS's biggest fault last year were making certain portions of each season too small, this fixes that problem even though I haaaaated Roanoke. The maze may be great though.

The Conjuring is gonna be maze of the year, I'm sure of it.

Insidious I welcome back considering the first two mazes were great, and with this one solely being on the new one, it's a new maze. What's not to like here?

Same thing with Saw (maybe). Even so, it's been years since we've had Saw and those were both great mazes. I'm excited to hear that theme music play down on the Metro sets, it gets me AMPED!!!

The Blumhouse mashup would be freakin' awesome, but that's just me. Get Out was a HUGE hit - in fact, I think it's the biggest hit Blumhouse has ever had. Paranormal Activity now has a way to be incorporated by just doing tiny little scenes instead of a full blown maze. Same thing with The Purge. I'd hate to see a whole maze being wasted on crappy Sinister, but there are scenes I'd love to be seen recreated. It fixes so many problems of a lot of mazes people have always wanted to see.

Second best lineup? If the quality of each maze is fantastic like last year's, then just maybe!!!

Just curious, what were the negative aspects of the 2013 Evil Dead maze? I remember it and, although it wasn't super memorable and it wasn't my favorite maze that year (tie between Insidious and Black Sabbath), I thought it stayed pretty close to the movie. 

While I'm happy to see AHS return in any capacity, I am a little disappointed we won't be getting Asylum. In my opinion that's the best season thus far and has so much material to work with (possession, angel of death, killer santa claus, bloody face, mutants, alien abductions).

Reactions: chris.g
If AHS is only Roanoke, it seems like it's going to look a lot like The Shining.  Only one is a house, the other a hotel.  But a similar "haunted" concept... a bit too similar for my taste.  That's the main reason I'd want to see Asylum be included as well (aside from the the fact that environmentally speaking, it'd be pretty fun).

Just curious, what were the negative aspects of the 2013 Evil Dead maze? I remember it and, although it wasn't super memorable and it wasn't my favorite maze that year (tie between Insidious and Black Sabbath), I thought it stayed pretty close to the movie. 

My main issue was it utilized too many mannequins for key scenes. Orlando had a lot of the same scares with live actors. It wasn't the absolute worst, but considering it's Evil Dead, it should've been jaw-dropping amazing.