HHN Hollywood General Discussion - 2017 | Page 20 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN Hollywood General Discussion - 2017

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Take insidious out of that lineup, we don't need conjuring and insidious in the same year. Other than that, if this list is accurate, I'm let down, 5/7 properties have been to the event before, 2 of which will be their 3rd time, and maybe it's because I've started to go so long now that bringing back old stuff is really affecting me because the only one of the returning properties I haven't seen is saw. And I know I'll be in the minority on this, but I don't care at all if the shining happens, never seen it and have no intention to. The only thing I'm really excited for is Conjuring and AHS, and maybe the Thing, but that's mainly for personal reasons. What I would like to be changed is Insidous for an original, and I'd be way more enthusiastic.

The only thing that comes close to my love for "Psycho" and "The Exorcist" would be my love for "Evil Dead"(And "The Omen" but that'd be a boring maze.) Oh man.

If they do the original Evil Dead, I think that would be fantastic. I would be excited that they could avenge themselves from the 2013 mess, but nervous that they'll make the same mistakes from the first one. 

So if Evil Dead does happen, would that rule out the possibility of the rumored King properties? 

The lineup seems reasonable. Not too crazy about Saw and Insidious returning for a third year, especially since I was hoping either IT (2017), The Silence of the Lambs, Trick or Treat, Misery, Psycho, or Carrie (the original not the 2013 remake) would one day make it to the event. Evil Dead 2, AHS, and The Thing seem very promising. Plus I'm curious as to what Terror Tram and the scare zones will be like.

I don't think so. I'm predicting that they are only gonna do "The Shining" being Stanley Kubrick's Version and that "It" isn't gonna happen this year. I think they will just wait until they do Part 2 next year and then do it.

From my Source "The Thing" actually won't be happening. But something else will and I think it might just set some people off. Terror Tram is honestly a dream come true and it's gonna be great. Haven't heard anything about Scare Zones but I can bet that we will get a Universal Monsters Scare Zone in the backlot. Also some of my predictions on Maze Locations are right and wrong. 

So then because of the usage of the Waterworld queue as a maze location, and the absence of a gauntlet scare zone this year, then it's safe to assume that, with the inclusion of the Walking Dead attraction, there's gonna be an increase to 8 mazes this year?

So then because of the usage of the Waterworld queue as a maze location, and the absence of a gauntlet scare zone this year, then it's safe to assume that, with the inclusion of the Walking Dead attraction, there's gonna be an increase to 8 mazes this year?

Well Murdy did confirm recently that there will Scare Zones this year so that cancels out the Gaunlet returning. I have heard that Parsian Courtyard is coming back. So yeah 7 Mazes *all of the ones above except "The Thing"* and TWD making 8 all together.

Last edited by a moderator:
From my Source "The Thing" actually won't be happening. But something else will and I think it might just set some people off. Terror Tram is honestly a dream come true and it's gonna be great. Haven't heard anything about Scare Zones but I can bet that we will get a Universal Monsters Scare Zone in the backlot. Also some of my predictions on Maze Locations are right and wrong. Everything else according to my source is coming actually.

Did your source give you this information today or did you know when you put that list out, also can you say what's taking the place of the thing, and what's on the terror tram

I put my thing out yesterday and went to him to ask him if I was right. He said "The Thing" wasn't coming. I'm not gonna say what it's replacing "The Thing". It's not "It" or "Hellraiser" but it's gonna be in Parsian Courtyard. He told I was right on all of them but "The Thing" and as for locations..

"The Conjuring" - Waterworld Queue 

"The Shining" - Mummy Queue

"American Horror Story" - FDTD Area 

"Insidous" - JP Queue 

"Evil Dead ll" - 747 Queue 

"???" - Parsian Courtyard 

"Saw" - Metro Sets

Leaving the last one for Speculation. I will talk it about later. Also leaving the terror tram for Speculation. Gonna say it's a Icon Terror Tram and I think it has potential to top last year.

Insidious for a third time? Are you kidding me? Also why is Saw going in the backlot and not the Shinning? Saw doesn't take up much space at all. The Shinning would take up far more. 

I have no idea what's going in Parisian, but I could see a Universal Monsters maze go in there. If I had to guess for the eighth maze since the Thing is not happening it would be Alien. 

"Insidious" will actually be based on the fourth film only. I have no idea why "The Shining" is going in Mummy. "American Horror Story" also will be based on Roanoke only. "Alien" is also not happening. The Maze going in Parsian Courtyard is big.

Well I trust this will be good. This year sound great except for Insidious and Saw, in my personal opinion. Excited to see them pull off the Shinning. 

Anything on Bill & Ted? Selling booze at HHN? 

Reactions: MacMillian Crew
No. Haven't heard about that. Might as well finally reveal it. The Last Maze is...

Blumhouse Mashup 

Yep it's a Mashup of Films from Blumhouse Studios that they haven't done yet hence the Discs for Maze 6. I have only heard of two properties being used. "Get Out" and "The Purge". I don't know any other properties being used than those two but probably they will use more.

You're trolling right