HHN Hollywood General Discussion - 2017 | Page 88 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN Hollywood General Discussion - 2017

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Dang, no Wizarding World? That kind of sucks. I really see no reason for them not to have it open at this point. It would just help spread out the crowds.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
Dang, no Wizarding World? That kind of sucks. I really see no reason for them not to have it open at this point. It would just help spread out the crowds.

I honestly have to wonder why they aren't going through with atleast having Forbidden Journey and Three Broomsticks operational.

It'd be beneficial on multiple standpoints, and that Orlando is about to go year three on Diagon being open for Horror Nights that I am honestly shocked that Hollywood is not using the land at all.

Reactions: HereWeGo
I have heard two different stories in regards to WWOHP & HHN.... 1 being the obvious "Not Open... blah blah WB/Rowling... blah blah..". However, I have also heard that WWOHP WOULD be open during HHN. Personally... I hope it was a simple copy/paste & *hit post* situation & they will have 3Brooms, FJ & Hippo open during HHN. For a park that suffers from a lack of rides/attractions during daytime operation hours... NOT having more available during an event that packs the park is just downright stupid. But thats the Universal way :look:

In regards to the "ALL NEW SHOW".... yea, if you remember last year... they promoted Jabbawockeez being "ALL NEW" too.... :rolleyes: soooo I'm not going to get my hopes up.

Are you sure that's the best thing you've ever seen?

I have not laughed that hard in a while. That was amazing. You sir deserve a beer and a handsha- Oh wait, that's right you're way under 21. You deserve Mexican Coke and a handshake. Well done.
As well the Facade for Waterworld is now visible (Credit to @ush.hacker Instagram).
View attachment 4919
WOW. That is really tall! It looks like this will be a good year for facades once again!

If Murdy really wanted to go with a true Good Guy Factory facade... it'd look like THIS :tongue:
txra6GN.jpg

Cult of Chucky takes place in an asylum... it's possible thats what we're getting, unless Murdy is creating an original maze for Chucky. As for Chucky's Insult Emporium returning... I could see him being in a giant "Good Guy Doll" box. Or they could find a way for Chucky to heckle the guests waiting in the queue.
It will probably be the asylum where Charles Lee Ray was from or something.
That is an awesome idea! Maybe they could have Chucky at the front of the queue heckling people or in the middle so everyone can be seen. It would keep everybody who doesn't play "Heads Up" on their phones busy.
I like this idea.
It also confirmed that Wizarding World will not be open during the Event.
View attachment 4921
UUUUUUGGGGHHHHHHH REALLY!? Unless JK had her hand in this decision, I see no good reason them to do this. HHN needs as much crowd dispersion as it can get. Just having one extra house isn't going to help much. This really sucks.

I don't see them keeping WWOHP closed during HHN... It was so nice to escape the crowds the final night last year & eat at 3 Broomsticks. Lets hope they change their minds.

Lets detour to the "5 different gifts" being offered with these pre-sale tickets. Early entry is NOT exactly a "gift" considering EVERYONE can do it. The "drink with free refill" is kinda "meh". Front of the line for Terror Tram is kinda hilarious. The "free parking" is DEFINITELY a gift haha.

Is anyone else curious about what that "limited edition" poster looks like!!!???? It almost makes me want to buy a stupid ticket just to have it.

Reasons why Wizarding isn't open based on what we know/intuition --

--It costs a substantial amount of money to run Wizarding World fully-staffed (which it would have to be). While the land generates money via merchandise, Butter Beer, and other food/bev, Uni might have deduced (from their test last year?) that profit />/ operational cost.
--If the Orlando situation is any indication, Uni has to pay JKR/WB a portion of the gate price if Wizarding World is open. That's a slice of every HHN admission media that leaves Uni. Gotta factor that into whether or not profit exceeds operational cost.
--Finally, could motivate stragglers to not purchase a daytime ticket and instead visit Wizarding World during Horror Nights - i.e. much of the rationale last year.

That said, they did run the test the final night of the event. (It was a major relief on operations, that's for sure.) They were clearly considering having it open at some point.

Reactions: Timberfellingrobot