HHN Hollywood General Discussion - 2017 | Page 99 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN Hollywood General Discussion - 2017

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
What he means is that you will walk into the bathroom and on the right will be the Scene with Jack and Wendy acting it out.

Similar to the Scene in 2015 Halloween where Loomis shoots Michael and has dialogue to sync his lips and actions with.

Ohhhh sorry that makes more sense. I thought he meant like a projection.

I hope it's not a screen, I would like to see it be done with a practical effect even though it's probably not possible.

It's probably gonna be a screen... I don't know how else they could do it. From the behind the scenes pictures shared today it seems like they nailed the scaling of the hotel; Shining seems like it's coming out better than expected

I honestly have to wonder if they may try to bring projection mapping for that scene, as I can't really see what they could do that doesn't revolve the aftermath of it (which that would be a copout in my eyes).
Projection mapping wont work. Remember, the maze is a confined space... even more so being The Shining's hotel interior. Their best way to execute it (because it has to happen 666+ times a night) is to use a video screen, water effects, & lighting effects.

While they COULD use projection mapping, it'd be at a disadvantage of having to create an unaccessable hallway for guests to pass by just so they wouldnt get in the way of the projections causing shadows. Of course, there is also the fact that those projectors are extremely expensive.

I'm curious as to Alex knew this but no my question was not answered. I assume he looked up my name and found my account, I only recently changed my Twitter handle to reflect my name on these forums.

I've been misinformed... Waterworld will once again return as TCM...
WHAT!? NO! :saw:

In OTHER news.... coming up on Thursday (Aug 3rd) at the Chinese Theatre 6-plex, there will be a special "double feature" screening of "Bride & Seed of Chucky". In addition to the movie, there will also be a Q&A (as well as meet-n-greet/photo-op) with Jennifer Tilly (Tiffany), Billy Boyd (Glenn/Glenda), and.... Don Mancini (writer/director)...

Since it was Don Mancini himself who confirmed Chucky would be at HHN. It'd be hard to fathom that he was only referring to HHN Japan. So I figured I would try & see if I can confirm/deny anything in regards to Chucky appearing at Hollywood's event.

Reactions: chris.g