HHN Hollywood General Discussion - 2017 | Page 63 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN Hollywood General Discussion - 2017

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Got two Connections for "Uber Fan".

1. Leatherface:

Now I know everyone is really against this one but hear me out...

‘TEXAS CHAINSAW’ UBER-FAN TURNING LANDMARK INTO HORROR DESTINATION | LinkedIn

"Longtime Chain Saw fan Roy Rose purchased the dilapidated Texas gas station this past year, and with the help of a bona fide horror icon, he’s set to turn the property into the ultimate horror fan destination."

Gas Station turned into a Ultimate Horror Fan Destination by a Uber Fan. The Facade being the Gas Station.

(Yes I am aware that I said Leatherface could be a Red Herring but I'm starting to not believe that any more).

2. The Thing:

When you search up "Uber Fan" on Google this is what you get.

"Uberfic (short for uber fanfic, uberXena, or simply uber or über) is a genre of alternate universe fan fiction in which characters or events are portrayed somewhat closely to original canon but usually in a different time period, place, or reality, many times"

THE THING: INFECTION AT OUTPOST 31 Board Game – Mondo

The Description says...

"In THE THING™ INFECTION AT OUTPOST 31, relive John Carpenter’s sci-fi cult classic as a hidden identity game designed to push you to the edge. Play as one of a dozen characters like helicopter pilot MacReady, mechanic Childs, or station manager Garry. Face sabotage and infection as you investigate the facility—gather gear, battle The Thing, expose any imitations among you, and escape Outpost 31!"

The Facade of course being "Outpost 31" but is in a alternate universe with characters like MacReady, Childs, and Garry.

Last edited:
Reactions: chris.g
Got two Connections for "Uber Fan".

1. Leatherface:

Now I know everyone is really against this one but hear me out...

‘TEXAS CHAINSAW’ UBER-FAN TURNING LANDMARK INTO HORROR DESTINATION | LinkedIn

"Longtime Chain Saw fan Roy Rose purchased the dilapidated Texas gas station this past year, and with the help of a bona fide horror icon, he’s set to turn the property into the ultimate horror fan destination."

Gas Station turned into a Ultimate Horror Fan Destination by a Uber Fan. The Facade being the Gas Station.

(Yes I am aware that I said Leatherface could be a Red Herring but I'm starting to not believe that any more).

2. The Thing:

When you search up "Uber Fan" on Google this is what you get.

"Uberfic (short for uber fanfic, uberXena, or simply uber or über) is a genre of alternate universe fan fiction in which characters or events are portrayed somewhat closely to original canon but usually in a different time period, place, or reality, many times"

THE THING: INFECTION AT OUTPOST 31 Board Game – Mondo

The Description says...

"In THE THING™ INFECTION AT OUTPOST 31, relive John Carpenter’s sci-fi cult classic as a hidden identity game designed to push you to the edge. Play as one of a dozen characters like helicopter pilot MacReady, mechanic Childs, or station manager Garry. Face sabotage and infection as you investigate the facility—gather gear, battle The Thing, expose any imitations among you, and escape Outpost 31!"

The Facade of course being "Outpost 31" but is in a alternate universe with characters like MacReady, Childs, and Garry.
real quick the things gonna happen im gonna bet. leatherface is gonna get only a limited release not a worldwide release. so yeah it's the thing

Exactly. That location is tricky as you can really only see the back of the facade but from the back it looks awesome so I'm sure the front won't disappoint. ;)
It'll be a nice surprise to finally see it along with the other mazes down there unless it's leaked or even tweeted. No matter what, it'll look great. I don't know if we'll even see Waterworld at all but it's a question that answers itself really.

What do you mean by that?
I really liked how Exorcist was pulled off. I think that the same care that was put into that will be put into Shining... same with Halloween... though I'm biased on that because of the Halloween 3 references.

How's the other Mazes looking? (747, FDTD Area, Metro Sets, Parisian Courtyard, and Waterworld Queue)

From what I could see 747- not much yet AHS had it's layout mapped out in wood Metro sets look busy but no walls yet Parisian and Waterworld from what I could see just had construction walls no real signs of life there.

If not Ash vs Evil Dead or Jigsaw, then I guess the upcoming maze announcement could be Blumhouse or the maze we keep speculating about. Unless that maze turns out to be Leatherface, which if it does, I don't think it'll be announced until at least a teaser is released.

If not Ash vs Evil Dead or Jigsaw, then I guess the upcoming maze announcement could be Blumhouse or the maze we keep speculating about. Unless that maze turns out to be Leatherface, which if it does, I don't think it'll be announced until at least a teaser is released.
It can't be Leatherface or The Conjuring Replacement or Insidious. Insidious has a Codename which is Writers Block. The Conjuring Replacement has a Codename which is Uber Fan. Murdy stated the Next Maze Announcement doesn't have a Codename which is either Ash Vs Evil Dead, Jigsaw, or Blumhouse.