HHN Hollywood Speculation/News - 2016 | Page 14 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN Hollywood Speculation/News - 2016

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
That seems about right. I could definitely see a 7th maze being themed to Alice Cooper. 

Remember, Murdy said all IPs this year. He counted the Cooper houses as original concepts. So I don't see us getting Alice again.

It looks like the line-up Nland posted sounds about right. It looks like Krampus will be our 3D house this year. They better not go for the usual neon cartoon look if they do. 

Reactions: chris.g
Good point. Guess that might rule out Preacher then, bummer. I could've seen Preacher as our 3D maze that worked well too. 

Remember, Murdy said all IPs this year. He counted the Cooper houses as original concepts. So I don't see us getting Alice again.

It looks like the line-up Nland posted sounds about right. It looks like Krampus will be our 3D house this year. They better not go for the usual neon cartoon look if they do. 

Correct me if i'm wrong, but wasn't it said that there wouldn't be a 3D house this year? I believe he said it about that and there being no Comedy houses this year either.

I can be wrong, of-course.

For what it seems, The MonsterPalooza panel will be centered within questions, sent in by the fans from Twitter. He will also talk about the creative process behind some of the houses; and some details on TWDA.

I could actually see something of a hint to the next announcement in the panel, like a date of when the next announcement will be; as it makes sense.

Back in February, Murdy tweeted that the letter "p" only appears once in the lineup. 

You are mistaken, did my research and it looks like Preacher still stands then in the rumored line up. 

So my guesses for properties using "P": Krampus, Preacher, and Purge.  

CWypPLRU4AExIlp.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Nland316
You are mistaken, did my research and it looks like Preacher still stands then in the rumored line up. 

So my guesses for properties using "P": Krampus, Preacher, and Purge.  

I keep trying to match up the list with our rumored lineup, and it's always off. Very hard to decipher. Especially with not knowing if this list includes TWD attraction or Terror Tram? 

I REALLY have a strong feeling that we'll be getting our first announcement within the next 2 weeks, if not this week.. My personal hunch is our first announcement is Krampus, which I'm taking will be a shared property between our coast and Orlando. The DVD is coming out on Tuesday, like someone's previously mentioned. And considering Orlando has already gotten 1 maze announced, I don't see us falling too far behind. Even if our mazes have typically started getting announced in June.

Asked the question on what the hell is a Blackout actor on OU..and I got this.

A Black-Out Actor is a scaractor dressed in all black, and they're positioned in a compleately black/dark spot and/or room. In most applications for Hollywood's mazes they've been used for little things. In AVP they were used for holding facehugger props and slamming them up against plexiglass walls. An' further back when they did The Thing and La Llorona they were dubbed as "Feather Ninjas" as they were in a pitch black room and brushed people with long feathers. (Didn't make a lick of sense for the Thing, but it was effective for La Llorona since it felt like getting brushed by her hair.)

In other haunted houses, I've seen a rather effective use of a black out actor where the entire room was black and lit only by a laser starfield. So with the black out actor, it was essentially a modern update of the classic dot room.

Knott's had a pretty effective black-out actor gag in their Paranormal, Inc. maze last year. Nearly killed me on my first time through that maze.

The idea of a maze where the monster is rarely seen is an interesting one. I could see that possibly working for The Conjuring since the new movie is based on the Enfield poltergeist story and poltergeists don't manifest visibly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Alexshow.