Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb | Page 107 | Inside Universal Forums

Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Hulk enhancement concept art finally released!

View attachment 1754

Sorry had to. This is IOA concept art from sometime prior to opening (95ish?).
In all seriousness, how blue sky is concept art typically? To me this launch tube seems incredibly advanced for even today's standards let alone 1999. Would be very cool to see some of these changes implanted in the enhancement. Especially love all the lasers. And notice how the end of the tunnel has daylight completely obscured.

They usually go as big as they can, and cut back from that to make it realistically feasible as they can.

Reactions: DrIanMalcom
Hulk enhancement concept art finally released!

View attachment 1754

Sorry had to. This is IOA concept art from sometime prior to opening (95ish?).
In all seriousness, how blue sky is concept art typically? To me this launch tube seems incredibly advanced for even today's standards let alone 1999. Would be very cool to see some of these changes implanted in the enhancement. Especially love all the lasers. And notice how the end of the tunnel has daylight completely obscured.

I don't think the lasers would be a difficult addition. Add some fog in there and it will be perfect. The Who have been doing it for the best part of half a century.

The hardest thing to believe in that concept art is the 5 across B&M train.

I don't think the lasers would be a difficult addition. Add some fog in there and it will be perfect. The Who have been doing it for the best part of half a century.

The hardest thing to believe in that concept art is the 5 across B&M train.

That's a good point I didn't notice. Those trains really look nothing like B&M. They look to me like a generic coaster template from roller coaster tycoon or something.

I just hope they do something to make the tube look a bit more like the experimental machine it's supposed to be rather than just generic roller coaster tunnel. The wall panels in that concept really sell it. And some fog would be lovely.

That's a good point I didn't notice. Those trains really look nothing like B&M. They look to me like a generic coaster template from roller coaster tycoon or something.

I just hope they do something to make the tube look a bit more like the experimental machine it's supposed to be rather than just generic roller coaster tunnel. The wall panels in that concept really sell it. And some fog would be lovely.

It really depends if there is a new story or not but I would love to see something like this. The launch tunnel is pretty plain when I think about it.

You slowly ascend into the launch tunnel then slowly descend back into the station.

Haha, but much like the false station at Mummy it then launches directly out of the station... backwards. And then you valley and get to ride in a crane :clap:. Talk about bang for your buck Bruce Banner style, although capacity may be a slight issue.

Concept art looks awesome. But still how do you close off the end of the tunnel??

Ready for the barrier test.

Haha, but much like the false station at Mummy it then launches directly out of the station... backwards. And then you valley and get to ride in a crane :clap:. Talk about bang for your buck Bruce Banner style, although capacity may be a slight issue.

The ultimate Hulk experience would be blacking out and then waking up half naked at the ride's exit.

Ready for the barrier test.

The ultimate Hulk experience would be blacking out and then waking up half naked at the ride's exit.

Hulk tunnel is not a building though, where are those doors going to go? The tunnel isn't suitable for doors. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Hulk tunnel is not a building though, where are those doors going to go? The tunnel isn't suitable for doors. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Realistically I don't think they're will be anything like it but I'm sure the doors could swing outside and round the side of the tunnel. Maybe that's why the fins were removed.