Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb | Page 108 | Inside Universal Forums

Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The artwork looks like there is a target for the lasers just beyond the exit for the tunnel. The end is open and when you exit you go down the track between the target and the track. Looks like a great effect, maybe we will get that.

Lets hope with the new track and cars it is smooth as glass. I agree that it was so rough I wouldn't ride either.
Yeah, it was sure rough....My problem with coasters though, is more of an age thing now. When I was younger I rode all the coasters in this area (Cedar Point, Kings Island, Kennywood, Geauga Lake, Hershey, BGW) tons of times. I really loved them. But now that I'm older, and they say it's basically inner ear age affected, I get mildly nauseous on the tougher coasters, and I can't do flat fast moving spinners at all. So, while I don't really get motion sickness much on things like Simpsons or FJ, I've had to cut the big outdoor coasters like Hulk down to once during a vacation. Fortunately I don't have a problem with the milder indoor types like Mummy or Aerosmith, or even wooden coasters that don't bother me either. Age is a b _ _ _ch. :lol:

Yeah, it was sure rough....My problem with coasters though, is more of an age thing now. When I was younger I rode all the coasters in this area (Cedar Point, Kings Island, Kennywood, Geauga Lake, Hershey, BGW) tons of times. I really loved them. But now that I'm older, and they say it's basically inner ear age affected, I get mildly nauseous on the tougher coasters, and I can't do flat fast moving spinners at all. So, while I don't really get motion sickness much on things like Simpsons or FJ, I've had to cut the big outdoor coasters like Hulk down to once during a vacation. Fortunately I don't have a problem with the milder indoor types like Mummy or Aerosmith, or even wooden coasters that don't bother me either. Age is a b _ _ _ch. :lol:

Yeah that age thing, that is most of why I need a smooth coaster. Aerosmith I did 12 in a row one morning about 4 years ago and it was great but I did all of them at BGT in one day and I wasn't right for a year.

Reactions: Ryno27 and Mad Dog
Yeah that age thing, that is most of why I need a smooth coaster. Aerosmith I did 12 in a row one morning about 4 years ago and it was great but I did all of them at BGT in one day and I wasn't right for a year.
I imagine Gwazi really did the majority of the damage? :lol:

Reactions: Ryno27

Amen to this. I was fine into my mid 30's (about 10 years ago) and marathoned Kings Island and Cedar Point like a champion. Now, Millennium Force and Raptor back-to-back gives me a good reason to sit quietly for an hour or two while praying for the world to stop spinning so much. I am really looking forward to riding the Hulk this year (planning for a trip later this year) but am a little concerned about motion sickness (even with the now-required Dramomine). Getting old really does stink and I'm not that old.

Amen to this. I was fine into my mid 30's (about 10 years ago) and marathoned Kings Island and Cedar Point like a champion. Now, Millennium Force and Raptor back-to-back gives me a good reason to sit quietly for an hour or two while praying for the world to stop spinning so much. I am really looking forward to riding the Hulk this year (planning for a trip later this year) but am a little concerned about motion sickness (even with the now-required Dramomine). Getting old really does stink and I'm not that old.
Yeah, Raptor was a bad one for me too. It must be that type because I have major nausea from Dragon Challenge (IOA) and Alpengeist (BGW) too. Magnum at Cedar Point doesn't bother me much, nor Apollo's Chariot at BGW. I'm still good with all the wooden coasters at Kennywood, the Beast at KI. & the woodie at Hershey. I actually enjoy a good wooden coaster more than a steel coaster. Kennywood is great for me since it's only a short 7 to 8 mile drive.

Yeah, I thought it looked familiar. This April 1 thing get's old real quick. :blank:
Thought the "Hulk Smash" spoiler tag would make it pretty obvious

The actual launch tube was always a bit disappointing to me compared to the concept art...I'm hoping we'll see some thematic upgrades after the refurb
I agree there's a lot of potential for some cool effects in the tunnel. If they decide to hold the train at a standstill for a couple seconds it could allow for some much needed story expansion too.

I'm the opposite, was never too keen on coaster until around 15 years ago (I'm 50 now) now I'm coaster nuts. Have to do DD back to back, will run back through the line for hulk etc if it's quiet. Back row on gwazi with hands in the air. I tend to get "coastered out" by the end of a long park day but no motion sickness. But stick me on any kind of spinner and I'm useless, even feel sick on storm force acceleration.