Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb | Page 14 | Inside Universal Forums

Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Hulk can run reverse trains in it's current (well, previous I guess) setup. It was successfully tried out back in 2002 for Islands of Fear, but never ran with park guests.

That would be pretty wild, love to try that

So going back to the no OTSR talk, are there currently any B&M's out there that have an inversions that are running lap bar only? I can't think of any but doesn't mean that isn't the case.

Hulk can run reverse trains in it's current (well, previous I guess) setup. It was successfully tried out back in 2002 for Islands of Fear, but never ran with park guests.
Wouldn't that require a whole new chassis? Or is it as simple as turning the vehicles around on the current wheel setups?

Wouldn't that require a whole new chassis? Or is it as simple as turning the vehicles around on the current wheel setups?

With Batman, they used the same train and just re-engineered the placement of the seats. I know that they lost one row of seats on the Batman Backwards.

No. What makes them bad? I mean, I can't see why having one section facing the other way would affect the ride. I just think it would make the back row twice as interesting.

For me personally, I found it absolutely sickening. Not to mention pointless - you can't even enjoy the anticipation of each element because it's just 2 minutes of random movement which makes no sense. Ruins the element progression and the pacing of the ride.

Also, on some rides, the rear seats provide the best experience in terms of forces; changing them takes away the best place to properly experience the ride if this is the case. Case in point was The Swarm, on which the back left seats used to offer by far the best experience; the back two rows were turned backwards and the experience was gone.

That would be pretty wild, love to try that

So going back to the no OTSR talk, are there currently any B&M's out there that have an inversions that are running lap bar only? I can't think of any but doesn't mean that isn't the case.

There aren't any, no. The only B&Ms with the clamshell lap bars are the hypers.

Apparently the turning of the seats is quite simple. This is a photo of Six Flags testing it on their Medusa coaster:
1960900_10203010274435939_826210068_o.jpg

They tested it and found people got extreme nausea from riding backwards and were more prone to whiplash with no support for their necks as they went through the elements.

Apparently the turning of the seats is quite simple. This is a photo of Six Flags testing it on their Medusa coaster:

They tested it and found people got extreme nausea from riding backwards and were more prone to whiplash with no support for their necks as they went through the elements.
Lol ... I'd probably love it, though can understand most would not.

All they need is a table in the middle there for a game of parcheesi and wine and crackers.

That's surprising, considering how popular Backward Batman is. I actually really enjoyed it and the G-forces on those tiny B&M inverts are absolutely killer. I think i actually preferred riding it backward. Personally, I'd love to try Backward Hulk, even though it'll never happen.

Reactions: anihilnation