Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb | Page 42 | Inside Universal Forums

Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
How many launch coasters are there in Florida? Rockin is the only other one that I am aware of (surprise, surprise).

Geeez, at that speed, they wouldn't anyone at the high school getting hit by a penny!

Revenge of the Mummy is the only other one, and then Cheetah Hunt in BGT.

How many launch coasters are there in Florida? Rockin is the only other one that I am aware of (surprise, surprise).

As far as i'm aware,

WDW: TT (Launches out of the building), Rockin Roller Coaster, Expedition Everest (Launches out of the mountain)
USF: Mummy, Rockit, Gringotts (Does have a launch)
IOA: Hulk

In technical terms, its about seven give or take in the Orlando area. Outside of Orlando, I'd agree on Cheetah Hunt aswell. And also on Scott, when we do eventually get Slinky, it will go up so theres that.

Reactions: anihilnation
Test Track is not a coaster and Expedition Everest does not have a launch.

I'd say Test Track Technically (due to it does move at fast rates where it could be classified as one) but there is a Launch for Expedition Everest.

As the ride vehicle comes to the scene where it switches back to forwards, it does launch you at a certain speed that's not expected for Launch coasters. In a way, i'd classify Everests launch much like Gringotts to where its to propel riders to get to a certain point.

Ok I have a question that has baffled me since I first rode hulk/cheetah hunt. Ok, when they advertise these 0-40 and 0-60mph launches, how is it 0 to whichever launch speed if the trains are already in motion before the launch?? Because ie: cheetah hunt is at least going 15-20mph already on arrival of its first launch going up the first hill. Hulk not so much speed but still at least 3-4mph. So is it safe to say that these stats are not completely accurate?? Anyone...

I think that's debatable. You're certainly accelerated forward as you come to a complete stop on a level surface after travelling backwards.

You're not level, you're on an incline. You accelerate due to the force of gravity.

I'd say Test Track Technically (due to it does move at fast rates where it could be classified as one) but there is a Launch for Expedition Everest.

As the ride vehicle comes to the scene where it switches back to forwards, it does launch you at a certain speed that's not expected for Launch coasters. In a way, i'd classify Everests launch much like Gringotts to where its to propel riders to get to a certain point.

Test Track is categorized as a slot car system, not a roller coaster. Everest does not use anything beyond gravity to accelerate you. Gringott's uses an actual launch mechanism at the end.

Ok I have a question that has baffled me since I first rode hulk/cheetah hunt. Ok, when they advertise these 0-40 and 0-60mph launches, how is it 0 to whichever launch speed if the trains are already in motion before the launch?? Because ie: cheetah hunt is at least going 15-20mph already on arrival of its first launch going up the first hill. Hulk not so much speed but still at least 3-4mph. So is it safe to say that these stats are not completely accurate?? Anyone...

I think it reads better as 0-40 but the actual forces felt are probably very similar.

There are probably more factors in play as well like temperature and wind.

I don't know if the Hulk would launch quicker with a single rider compared to every seat being occupyed by somebody 250lbs+

You're not level, you're on an incline. You accelerate due to the force of gravity.

Test Track is categorized as a slot car system, not a roller coaster. Everest does not use anything beyond gravity to accelerate you. Gringott's uses an actual launch mechanism at the end.

You're absolutely right. I watched a video to jog my memory but it was from the front row. If you watch a video from the back row, you see you're on an incline and just simply released from the brakes after you're stopped.

As far as i'm aware,

WDW: TT (Launches out of the building), Rockin Roller Coaster, Expedition Everest (Launches out of the mountain)

In technical terms, its about seven give or take in the Orlando area. Outside of Orlando, I'd agree on Cheetah Hunt aswell. And also on Scott, when we do eventually get Slinky, it will go up so theres that.
How does rockit have a launch?

As far as i'm aware,

How does rockit have a launch?

Also, no, Hollywood Rip Ride Rock It does not have a launch.

I think it reads better as 0-40 but the actual forces felt are probably very similar.

There are probably more factors in play as well like temperature and wind.

I don't know if the Hulk would launch quicker with a single rider compared to every seat being occupyed by somebody 250lbs+

Oh ok. So you're saying that hulk might actually be leaving the tunnel at speeds higher than 40 but it's the equivalent of 0-40 right?

Oh ok. So you're saying that hulk might actually be leaving the tunnel at speeds higher than 40 but it's the equivalent of 0-40 right?

The speed can always vary slightly due to certain variables but he is saying that its just easier to say 0-40 vs 2-40. And also I have never heard cheetah hunt being advertised as 0-60, just that it launches you to 60. So maybe you are getting crossed with rockin roller coaster there.

Reactions: anihilnation